• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even know Durarara even made it to Toonami already.

Then I think we'll probably get Aldnoah or Baccano. I just hope its not irregular.

It wasn't, it was an Adult Swim Action show when Toonami took over. When Toonami took over the block, they dumped Durarara at episode 19 of its repeat run and replaced it with Casshern.

BBboy20

You think that's bad?

Super big manga spoilers:
in the manga, his wife and daughter get raped and killed on top of his grave.
Oh for fuck's sake...

The rich are bastards that deserve to die, we didn't need this show to know that
It would be if Occupy Wall Street was a success.

Aaand she's dead.

Probably because she could have broken the entire series with her disguise powers.
It seemed so easy for her to even get close to such powerful beings that it would be an wonder why she hasn't approached the main antagonist already.

Okay, his death is pretty good.

I like how he dies just looking at Shinichi.
BUt the way how it was structured, you'd figure there still be a big fight to end this conflict instead of it being just is and simply ending right there.

Ugh this song is blah and clearly not for me, at least the visuals are nice

I don't like much hip hop/rap
This explains everything now.

Aaahh, that's right. She's done a crapton of stuff, I just haven't heard her voice in a while.

Man, despite not liking hip hop or rap, this is one of the rare exceptions. Plus all those record scratches are still great.
She's been voicing a lot more western works, last I've heard her being in various voices of Rick & Morty (Even Nolan North voices in it too yet only the credits have me discovering this)

"Now we fight because reasons."
Actually, it is precisely that, for once.

CIA hospitality
You're gonna tell us where the bomb is, I guarantee it
Dude, you were on a fucking roll last night.

Dont forget the suicide forest movie!
There was that drama about that place too; have no idea if it made it state-side or not.

And there's the adorable small animal mascot to ruin the series!

/s
So much stupid yet so much entertainment....

I don't watch TV at all anymore. Haven't watched Toonami in like a decade.
Hope you stick around every Sunday midnight; more company, the better.

That girl really did have some ballistics.
Resident Evil 4 reference?

Nothing reminds me of being in Japan like Shiki no Uta.
You know what, you're really right about that. :D

Nujabes is life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPE39E466tQ

Tonight's theme is MASSACRES
Tonight theme seem to be really, really off-putting animation for most of tonight's shows.

Samurai_Champloo01-04.gif

Fun Fact: I still remember when this show first premiered in Japan. Understandably the hype was high but legal streaming wasn't a thing yet. So people in Japan saw the show and all people got in the West were some random gifs for a couple of days. Everybody saw the above and cried "Anime is DEAD!" and "Watanabe has forsaken us!". I was pretty funny until the actual episode got fsubbed and people over here could have the full context. :p
People were bitching about that during 2004?

Ya'll ready for more frog filler?

1537515486_small.jpg
He's a black hole of ambiguous feelings on rather he's worth existing or not.

I completely missed Black Jesus Season 2.
Was it any good?
Yes.

So the froggy song is on youtube...

...there are people who unironically wanted to watch that scene again...
Fucking put a youtube intro and outro into that too!

Yep, her power is pretty goddamned broken. All her fights would last three panels.
Surprised Oda would keep her around after Water 7.

I can't believe that Hitman movie did alright box office wise.

Who went to see that movie?

Who are these people?
Man, I'd fucking kill for a movie that actually captures the games.

But I don't wanna put her head in my mouth

Her tits on the other hand...
:| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ANYWAYS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PsG3ycLx3o
When Champloo was revealed, I was like "Yeah, that's pretty cool". Now seeing the first episode again and everyone talking about it, I'm actually feeling pretty stoked about the show again...it probably also helps that I don't remember watching the final episode(s?) so I suppose whenever the ending comes, I'll be as clueless as the newcomers but I suppose in doing so will finally cement me watching ALL of Watanabe's Action-Based Wondering-Motley-Crew Trilogy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Surprised Oda would keep her around after Water 7.

Well, her importance isn't really measured in fights but to the overall plot. She's literally the only character in the entire series who can decipher the poneglyphs and reveal the Void Century's history, which means she's essential to one of the biggest plot points in the entire series. A lot of what she's doing is going to be background stuff for a long time, but her entire plot line going forward is a long game that will more than likely kick off the final arc and explain the world's current state of affairs.

So random thought. What if the show that replaces Akame Ga Kill is a Viz Media show? I think It's been a while since Viz had a show on Toonami that wasn't Naruto Fillerden.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Punch Man is a Viz Media show.....hint, hint....

Also, I recall the last Viz show was Inuyasha: Final Act, which ended sometime in 2015.

Grexeno

So random thought. What if the show that replaces Akame Ga Kill is a Viz Media show? I think It's been a while since Viz had a show on Toonami that wasn't Naruto Fillerden.
We don't quite know what's going on with Viz. A lot of us think they're giving all their shows exclusively to Hulu now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One Punch Man is a Viz Media show.....hint, hint....

Also, I recall the last Viz show was Inuyasha: Final Act, which ended sometime in 2015.

It also took Final Act FIVE YEARS to get to Adult Swim despite it being probably the biggest no-brainer for the block in the last decade (aside from maaaaaybe FMA: Brotherhood).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It also took Final Act FIVE YEARS to get to Adult Swim despite it being probably the biggest no-brainer for the block in the last decade (aside from maaaaaybe FMA: Brotherhood).

Considering the sort of numbers Inuyasha had always put up I'm surprised we didn't get it faster.

Mizerman

Which was strange, given that Inuyasha had good ratings every time it was shown.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually liked Inuyasha The Final Act, but boy was it awkwardly paced.

That was the biggest problem it had, they made entire volumes of manga into single episodes. If the pacing had been like the original series was I don't think anyone would have had a single issue with it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Somebody may or may not argue that InuYasha: The Final Act was the worst show on the block last year

If we're defining worst as, "a show that should have been awesome and yet wasn't due to shitty directing choices" then yes. Otherwise SAO2 has to be the worst, even the arc that was supposed to redeem it was marred by rampant stupidity.

SAO2 and Akame ga Kill are bad, but I don't think either quite hits the level of garbage that Naruto Shippuden filler does. That's bottom barrel levels of garbage.

Crocodile

People were bitching about that during 2004?

Oh yes I remember this vividly. The salt was fucking real back then. Part of why I remember it so well was because of how big a blowup it was when the episode actually got subbed. Lots of people had egg on their face :p

God that was over a decade ago! *Obligatory now I feel old post* :(

That was the biggest problem it had, they made entire volumes of manga into single episodes. If the pacing had been like the original series was I don't think anyone would have had a single issue with it.

Eh there was still enough meh/stupid shit in Inuyasha to drag the show down even if the pacing wasn't shit
#FuckKohaku

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can see why Final Act was nominated for most disappointing, but I'd still go with M&H since I actually was interested in that show in the first place compared to "oh great more Inuyasha, only gonna watch since I have people to do so with."

Line_HTX

SAO2 and Akame ga Kill are bad, but I don't think either quite hits the level of garbage that Naruto Shippuden filler does. That's bottom barrel levels of garbage.

Yeah, this is without a doubt drinking a lot of vodka and getting so smashed that you have to see the frogs differently.

I completely forgot Final Act was on Toonami last year. Unless you're a super fan, it's easily the most forgettable out of the bunch of pickups in 2015.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I miss MM but you can usually get him to post if you talk about Inuyasha enough.

Also where the heck is DS? I didn't see any Sakura last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom