• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toonami last night = Everything Was Lewd
tumblr_inline_o0qac9P2A51qhazvy_540.jpg

tumblr_o0pk7le1eY1r3nw1vo1_500.jpg

onRZX41.png

Animal-Collective-FloriDada-385x284.jpg

1jmuDj6.png

LbSRaCy.png

11-1.png

Dragon Ball Z: Bardock: The Father of Goku

Dragan-Ball-Special-1-Bardock-The-Father-of-Goku-English-Dubbed.jpg

HE CAN SEE THE FUTUREEEE!

So after much procrastination, it's time to tackle Bardock's special and OVA today.

I actually had a lot more to say about this special but after writing most of it (read: round 500 words), I decided to have it be my write up be for an assignment for university instead. So I'll just say that's it's a good special, on par with Garlic Jr. and World's Strongest in terms of quality.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I always seem to miss the music videos because they only air during Shippuden (which is due to it being the shortest show, I hear?).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This was easily the lewdest week of Toonami, though we did have a few weeks last fall where the shows could not avoid showing bare ass.

Dragon Ball Z: Episode of Bardock

banner_1817.jpg

I prefer DBZ abridged's reason for why he's a Super Saiyan, mostly cause there is one.

You know, they really should have ended Bardock's story with his death in the special because this should not exist.

I'm not going to lie, this one was a real turd. It's bad enough that it completely misses the point of Bardock's character but everything about this OVA has no real rhyme or reason behind it. Why did Frieza's death ball send Bardock thousands of years into the past instead of killing him? Why did it send him back to the exact same time Frieza's ancestor decided to conquer the planet? Where did Bardock's psychic powers go? Did the death ball erase that alongside planet Vegeta? Why did Bardock feel some sort of connection with the purple people despite only having like 3 unnoteworthy moments with them? Why is Bardock the Legendary Super Saiyan? My guess is that because the writers needed a reason to shoehorn Frieza's dialogue about the Legendary Super Saiyan in the beginning.

This just sucked. Nothing about this was any good, save for its animation and mercyfully short run time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dragon Ball Z: Episode of Bardock

You know, they really should have ended Bardock's story with his death in the special because this should not exist.

I'm not going to lie, this one was a real turd. It's bad enough that it completely misses the point of Bardock's character but everything about this OVA has no real rhyme or reason behind it. Why did Frieza's death ball send Bardock thousands of years into the past instead of killing him? Why did it send him back to the exact same time Frieza's ancestor decided to conquer the planet? Where did Bardock's psychic powers go? Did the death ball erase that alongside planet Vegeta? Why did Bardock feel some sort of connection with the purple people despite only having like 3 unnoteworthy moments with them? Why is Bardock the Legendary Super Saiyan? My guess is that because the writers needed a reason to shoehorn Frieza's dialogue about the Legendary Super Saiyan in the beginning.

This just sucked. Nothing about this was any good, save for its animation and mercyfully short run time.

I only like it because it is short and really really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom