• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of the Fire Emblem games.

And while Awakening was perhaps a misstep in some regards...

Vaike is the best.

Seda

We have a number of Fire Emblems fans in this thread, we seem to go off topic towards that direction somewhat regularly, haha.

Awakening was a big disappointment for me, but still a pretty good game. Still looking forward to Fates.

I want Fates, I just wish the Special Edition with all 3 games in it had more then 50 copies made, especially since the game is around 8 months late from the JP release. NoA's incompetence is really starting to grate on me.

The game comes out two days after Street Fighter V, and that's an easy decision to make for which series I like better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just wish it had a digital special edition. Not that at the rate I play games I'm really going to beat both of the paths before getting to the final one but to have it all in one place with some goodies.

Nintendo realized what they needed to do to save Fire Emblem.

They just needed to infuse more anime into it!

Also Fire Emblem is weird in that NRG can drastically alter how you play the game in contrast to the story.
Now looking at the box, one would think that Eliwood (derp.) would be the real hero in the game, but in my game, in the actual gameplay, he really took a backseat to Hector.

Because Hector was the only one who could tank the final boss.

Jarate

Banned
Hector was broken though

But I was lucky enough to get a special edition preorder at GameStop, although I'm moving soon so idk what I'm going to do about that

Seda

Cordelia is not a shitty character.

True.

You can talk about it here, this is a safe place.

Unless you prefer Wil to Rebecca, then you can just show yourself out.

Speed > Strength basically always.

Aside: Not only Fire Emblem, but lately I don't really participate on the main page too much anymore on the forum. NeoGAF has grown too large and most threads and OTs simply move too fast for me, too many people. I feel like I'm talking into the ether and I'd rather have more focused conversation with a smaller group. I tend to stick to community threads or simply talk with people I know offsite.

I want Fates, I just wish the Special Edition with all 3 games in it had more then 50 copies made, especially since the game is around 8 months late from the JP release. NoA's incompetence is really starting to grate on me.

I don't usually buy special editions (because I don't care about artbooks or figures or whatnot) but I decided to get that because having both games in 1 was worth it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I miss my Hector Avatar.

YGEJ1Ho.gif

I only post on the main page for a couple of reasons, though I do read it often.

The reasons are in no particular order:

Pretending I have no idea what Fire Emblem is, bonus points if its PoR or RD.
Convince someone to not play VLR without playing 999 first
Talking about how great FF V is.
Anytime I can help someone with a deal I know about.
Lists of Megaman game superiorty.
Stuff about older Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games.
Pokémon.

Crocodile

I was at the Nintendo World Store the other day since I won't be back in the city before the renovation. The Mario exhibit was pretty cool. I also bought my first Amiibo - Shovel Knight <3

Akame ga Kill:
How to tell you've got a bad series? Introduce a new group of characters that are established to be a major threat, then kill off most of them in a single episode, two of them killed by one of the lamest members of Night Raid. Seriously, there's jobbing and there's not respecting your audience.

Let's be fair, those were legit fights. Lubba earned those wins with some actual strategy not not "Trump Card" nonsense. I like fights like those - they can be rare in shonen anime.

I don't usually buy special editions (because I don't care about artbooks or figures or whatnot) but I decided to get that because having both games in 1 was worth it.

I'm starting to lean to community threads more often as well.

I don't care about special editions, but Fates' type are usually the ones I pick up, like when I bought Marvel vs Capcom 3's special edition because it was only $10 more and came with Jill and Shuma-gorath, or Skyward Swords's $80 edition because it came with a Wii Remote plus, which is a ridiculously good deal.

I tend to replay FE games a ton, so the SE seemed perfect, but I'm pretty upset that Nintendo would pull the split version card and then make an extremely small run of the version with all versions in it. But that's a very Nintendo like thing to do.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I pre-ordered the Fates Special Edition. I usually don't get SE's but having all three games in one is an amazing deal.

Jarate

Banned
Also everyone is saying Fates is awesome! Or at least the hard mode side

I'm doing the easy mode side first, then hard mode

Yeah, I've heard that Awakening was gonna be the last one in franchise if it didn't do to well.

I don't really believe that. Awakening for sure re-invigorated the franchise but I don't think they would have just shelved it forever, in a very Nintendo-like manner. This is the company that made a Kid Icarus game 20 years after the first and a Punch Out game 15 years after the last one.

All I know is that there will never be another console Fire Emblem and that makes me sad

Never say never!
#FE

With all the rumors about the NX being a handheld/console hybrid, you will get one anyway! I also can't really blame them, PoR/RD did pretty poor while the handheld games sans the DS ones have been successful.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Never say never!
#FE

With all the rumors about the NX being a handheld/console hybrid, you will get one anyway! I also can't really blame them, PoR/RD did pretty poor while the handheld games sans the DS ones have been successful.

It's probably the same deal with Animal Crossing and why there's no Wii U one.
Wild World and New Leaf did amazing. City Folk didn't do so hot despite being on Wii.

Mizerman

I don't really believe that. Awakening for sure re-invigorated the franchise but I don't think they would have just shelved it forever, in a very Nintendo-like manner. This is the company that made a Kid Icarus game 20 years after the first and a Punch Out game 15 years after the last one.

True. They probably would've put it on hold for a lengthy period of time or reboot it completely.

True. They probably would've put it on hold for a lengthy period of time or reboot it completely.

They most likely would have shelved it. In Fire Emblem's case, a reboot is pretty pointless because the series semi re-invents itself after every pair (except for the GBA ones) kind of like the 3d Zeldas.

So, I have to admit something.

Apparently Pegasus Knights can be super good units.

But I never use them because they die so easy, and training them, especially in the early games, is such a bitch.

"Christ, Florina, just stay in the back and don't explode this mission okay!?"

Seda

But I never use them because they die so easy, and training them, especially in the early games, is such a bitch.

I forget the specific class name in Awakening, but the flyer skill 'Galeforce' was ridiculously overpowered in Awakening. I heard it was nerfed a bit for Fates.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

FE 7 is the game where they truly shine. Florina is super fragile, but her sisters are even better. They eventually get enough skill and speed to kill everything, decent strength too. Even in Japanese HHM they're pretty boss.

I forget the specific class name in Awakening, but the flyer skill 'Galeforce' was ridiculously overpowered in Awakening. I heard it was nerfed a bit for Fates.

Yep, lol. If you wanted to min/max and clean house, you turned all your girls into Dark Fliers and the baby making metagame revolved around that. Pretty hilarious.

Galeforce allowed a unit to gain another turn if they killed an enemy in their turn, for those that don't know. This is downright insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom