• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

tumblr_inline_o0q8vpfOk71reto4t_540.jpg

Who's responsible for this shit? Answer me! This is not okay!

Does anybody have a jug of brain bleach?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The real problem with Awakening is that you can pair up and the enemy forces can't, which gives you what you need to survive the brutal early game and absolutely clown any challenge later on.

Crocodile

There is a LOT of KLK x Frozen fanart out there. I mean I get the "sisters" connection but otherwise I'm not sure why its a kind of popular crossover.

I don't really believe that. Awakening for sure re-invigorated the franchise but I don't think they would have just shelved it forever, in a very Nintendo-like manner. This is the company that made a Kid Icarus game 20 years after the first and a Punch Out game 15 years after the last one.

I mean if you deprive fans of a series long enough, it might as well be dead in their eyes and make them prone to throwing hissy fits. See Metroid fans

I like Metroid and would love another 2D one <3

The real problem with Awakening is that you can pair up and the enemy forces can't, which gives you what you need to survive the brutal early game and absolutely clown any challenge later on.

I find that you can usually break FE games, but in Awakening the methods to become OP is pretty easy because they are literally game mechanics like pair up and children. The World Map makes it even easier.

I liked Awakening, but boy was it poorly balanced.

While the majority of the game was too easy, you could also unlock optional missions, designed for the late game, too early.

Those optional missions would just stomp your party in the early game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I find that you can usually break FE games, but in Awakening the methods to become OP is pretty easy because they are literally game mechanics like pair up and children. The World Map makes it even easier.

FE games, and SRPGs in general are front loaded with their difficulty in almost every single example I can think of.

When you add a way for infinite grinding well, you're going to get maxed out characters. FE:A takes it step further than Sacred Stones in that you can just keep reclassing until all of your stats are completely maxed.

Seda

I need to go back and check out the DLC for Awakening that I never bothered with before. I should do that before Fates .... running out of time lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I need to go back and check out the DLC for Awakening that I never bothered with before. I should do that before Fates .... running out of time lol.

Days of Future Past one, whatever they call it, is a must play. The rest is take it or leave it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yup. We were talking about the female characters in each arc and then someone said they hated Carue

Everyone loves Carue though. I can understand not liking Vivi, though I personally love her. Carue though? Carue is the best Strawhat. The true fallen bro.

Did I miss the FE discussion? I adore the franchise, but I don't really like the direction Awakening took it in. I still got the special edition of Fates anyway. Haar and Oswin are the best units. Both of them are complete monsters.

BBboy20

Confession time - I bought that $140 1/7 Tharja scale figure and I apologize for nothing
IC.

I think every one of us could voice everyone on Akame Ga Kill and do just as good of a job if not better.
Bring the ToonamiGAF fandub of Akame ga Kill to Toonami.
Honestly, we could just phone it in and still be better just by that account.
I think we should legit do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom