• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it "looks old"/is old, and doesn't have an HD US release. Otherwise I'd like Giant Robo running on this slot. Imagawa is more popular in the US, but he's still super-niche.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think I'll ever be used to these abrupt endings

I feel like "anime politics" will always be a bit hard to follow unless you really "anime" them up. Showing this at 1am is just going to limit how much people can follow this - most watchers have been up for a long ass time. Same issue with GITS - great show but its just hard to follow (or rather want to devote the energy to follow than actually hard) when you are about to fall asleep.
I think that was the issue I had with GitS when I was a teen. These shows with tons of talking about serious stuff like politics just do not work after midnight.

It also doesn't help that they're showing something & then am told by others "OH WELL IF YOU WATCHED X, THEN YOU'LL TOTALLY GET IT". I then just question why they didn't bother showing the previous series so I would learn about said stuff.

I am trying to keep up with the show. At least it wasn't such an abrupt cut off like last time. Still you can really tell this is an OVA because it feels like we were told the beginning and middle and the end is coming next week.

TV episodes 1, 2, and 2/3 of episode 3 make up OVA episode 1.

cntr

Banned
Yeah they probably shouldn't have shown Unicorn without showing the old stuff...but the old stuff is decades old.

anyway HUNTER X HUNTER TIME

Jarate

Banned
G Gundam is trash

rYKAfJD.gif

Gundam UC Re 0096 worked for the tv runtime, , I also dont think you really needed much knowledge of the other Gundams. They tell you everything you need to know to understand Banaghers, Marida, and Audreys story.

I think that was the issue I had with GitS when I was a teen. These shows with tons of talking about serious stuff like politics just do not work after midnight.

It also doesn't help that they're showing something & then am told by others "OH WELL IF YOU WATCHED X, THEN YOU'LL TOTALLY GET IT". I then just question why they didn't bother showing the previous series so I would learn about said stuff.

They ran 0079 and chars counterattack back in the day

Ended up missing Unicorn due to unforseen circumstances. At least I'll still be able to watch Hunter X Hunter.

I know there are those who probably will want to watch it when aired but it is available legally on youtube and crunchyroll (subs only for CR) if you want to watch what you missed.

Last week when we saw this, I wanted to be with the IN crowd along with the rest of you. I wanted to be like "Killua is so KEWL! YEAH!"

I was trying to force it almost.

I couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom