• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting enough, none of the pillar men actually have accents. I guess it's a way to make them stand out from all the other characters in Part 2.

Actually,
Esidisi has a kind-of British accent. At least, he sounds like the actor is putting one on. You can sort of hear it in the episode where they first awaken, and during his fight with Joseph. Source: Have watched the dub full way through twice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WXOTEC9.gif

cntr

Banned
would the Mobile Suit Gundam movies be a good thing to get a better feel for Unicorn?
Yeah, those are pretty good.

...except the Zeta movies, because iirc, they changed the plot and are non-canon.

There's also a manga remake/update of the original called Gundam: The Origin, which has better writing since it was written today instead of half a century ago. Technically not canon either, but close enough!

...except the Zeta movies, because iirc, they changed the plot and are non-canon.

There's also a manga remake/update of the original called Gundam: The Origin, which has better writing since it was written today instead of half a century ago. Technically not canon either, but close enough!
Zeta movies pretty much changed the ending to the point where it nullifies ZZ Gundam's existence.

Newer =/= better. The Origin is fantastic, bit it does quite a few things I don't like. It's much more anime tropish than the original. Plus there are highly exaggerated moments that feel out of place

cntr

Banned
Newer =/= better. The Origin is fantastic, bit it does quite a few things I don't like. It's much more anime tropish than the original. Plus there are highly exaggerated moments that feel out of place
Yeah, fair enough. It's not especially great writing either way.

Sometimes I find The Origin too over dramatic in delivery to take seriously. I don't even hate it, but for some odd reason finishing it isn't my top priority, and this is coming from a person that lapped up Unicorn and watched them pretty much within the week it became available. I still haven't even finished the second Origin OVA.

Sometimes I find The Origin too over dramatic in delivery to take seriously. I don't even hate it, but for some odd reason finishing it isn't my top priority, and this is coming from a person that lapped up Unicorn and watched them pretty much within the week it became available. I still haven't even finished the second Origin OVA.

Ib think the first two episodes are the worse with the melodrama. It gets better. 3 and 4 are fine on that front

BBboy20

I have the Zelda Master Edition pre-ordered
C2D-ph9UQAAv_7V.jpg:large

I'm fine with the 1st tier edition...though my Best Buy copy will be late so...I think I'm gonna just gonna get Zelda at launch and once I get my other copy, I'll try to sell the regular edition.

....also Puyo Puyo Tetris
What is Puyo Puyo? Everyone seems to know what it is except me.

I just wanted to voice my opinion since the presentation itself showed me "OMG ALL THESE GAMES ARE ALREADY CONFIRMED FOR SWITCH, PURCHASE WILL BE JUSTIFIED", but I fully understand why people would rather wait for Nintendo to confirm a bundle that includes Super Mario Odyssey since they want to wait & see what else gets confirmed/more specific dates.
Eye of the beholder. Far too often one's values intermix with what they think people want.

I know it won't happen, but I sure hope the 3rd party is much stronger compared to the Wii U.
The Switch will be the home of niche games.

I'm sure she does va's aren't talentless blither morons like some game/anime fans seem to think
Many VAs don't remember much of their roles since they do so many of them.

Yeah, it's pretty terrible though.

This is almost exactly the same situation as when Funimation first got the Z license and were imitating the Ocean cast back in 1999.
Seeing the comparison makes you appreciate the existence of acting even when it's not done seriously.

cntr

Banned
The Funimation dub is a bit smoother, dialogue-wise. "Who could boss around the hero that saved the world?" vs. "He yelled at him? A pretty brazen move, yelling at our planet's savior."

It must suck to be that guy in HxH that gets killed by a strawberry covered tortoise.

Gon: "I'm worried about Leorio and Kurapika."
Killua: "Fuck em."

Mooks: "Les go gank Hisoka."
Hisoka: "How bout a game of poker. Runner up dies fast. Winner dies slowly."

I honestly don't think it's possible for Leorio to level grind hard enough to be able to fight the Dark Souls boss that his Hisoka. Dude fucking One Pawnched Leorio.

Gons naivety and stubborn streak are his worst personality traits. Dub is about 1 1/2 years away from some messed up stuff with him but man you can see it really early in him actually...in hindsight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Persona 5 soundtrack just came out, and it's dope as hell.
I am seriously bummed the US LE didn't get that OST set of music from all 5 Persona games. Might have to give in & see if I can just buy that by itself.

What is Puyo Puyo? Everyone seems to know what it is except me.
Remember Kirby's Avalance or Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine? It's that, the match-4 game where you try to set up combos in advance based on what colored beans you get.

I am seriously bummed the US LE didn't get that OST set of music from all 5 Persona games. Might have to give in & see if I can just buy that by itself.

Remember Kirby's Avalance or Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine? It's that, the match-4 game where you try to set up combos in advance based on what colored beans you get.

We are getting a music cd though?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We are getting a music cd though?
We're getting a "selection of music from Persona 5". In Japan, the 20th Anniversary Edition of Persona 5 had 5 CDs, one for each Persona game & totaling 137 tracks.

.......knowing Atlus' track record with CDs, we'll be lucky to get 10 tracks unless it's something super nice like the Persona 4 DAN LE which actually DID include the OST & they actually give us all 20 tracks from the JPN LE's CD.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The new Sailor Moon dub has the actresses by and large imitating the original dub for another good example of it.

A day late and a dollar short, here's this week's ratings post!
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-jan-14-2017/

Code:
Show			Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL SUPER	ADULT SWIM	8:00 PM		1,010			0.4

FAMILY GUY		ADULT SWIM	11:00 PM	1,434			0.7

DRAGON BALL SUPER	ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,236			0.6
DRAGON BALL Z KAI/FINAL	ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,210			0.6
JOJOS BIZARRE ADVENTURE	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	915			0.4
MOBILE SUIT GUN/UNICORN	ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		819			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER		ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		685			0.3
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		654			0.3
ONE PIECE		ADULT SWIM	2:30 AM		584			0.3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like FE Echoes is SO close to getting me to try the series again since I like the idea of free roaming & having smaller battles similar to a RPG with fewer enemies....but then I remember how I am so damn "completionist" with the series & have to ensure EVERYONE lives.

I don't know about the mobile game, I should've seen the "get characters at random" thing coming & I don't think that's something I like, especially if their stats are random as well.

At the very least, FE Warriors is this year amazingly. Chrom's time to shine has come!!!

bigkrev

So I started my first Gatcha RPG, Granblue Fantasy, a few weeks ago. I love it- it's got a cool world and characters, it has crossover story content (right now? Samurai Showdown!), the battle system would be legitimately fun even if it was on a console, and i've only been tempted to spend money once- for the "Beginners Pack" that lets you pick the SSR character of your choice in additon to a premium Gatcha pull
ignore the fact that this cost like $30
, which I was happy to buy after spending 10 hours in my first 5 days with the game.

In all honesty, this is probably going to make Nintendo more money this year than they made the Wii's best year.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's interesting to think that five years ago, Fire Emblem was on death's door. Awakening was meant to be the last game in the franchise. But then it sold by the boatload.

Then Fates sold even more (those boycotts sure did a lot of good).

It's interesting to think that five years ago, Fire Emblem was on death's door. Awakening was meant to be the last game in the franchise. But then it sold by the boatload.

Then Fates sold even more (those boycotts sure did a lot of good).

Didn't Nintendo even say they consider it one of their pillars now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom