• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta pick my girl Lyn

giphy.gif

MGS2 is becoming real and it kinda scares me.

Chase17

Looks like you can vote once a day so I'll probably end up voting Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood.
Was also weird seeing a subtitle next to FE7 haha

Wonder when the ios verison will hit for heroes

Also Echo was a great surprise and am very excited for it (and that the localization time has dropped from 7-8 months for NA and more for EU, to just 1 month for this game). Guess I should beat revelations by may.

bigkrev

"sports commentator commenting a romantic anime" got me as soon as I saw it was Nozaki-Kun

Considering how much random swearing I see from time to time in fan scans of manga, THIS IS SO TRUE.

Yeah, going from reading scans of My Hero Academia to the Viz version was like night and day

cntr

Banned
Rewatching the Saitama vs. Boros fight, man, I didn't notice before that Boros runs towards Saitama in exactly the same way as Saitama ran towards the Subterraneans all the way back in Episode 1.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Rewatching the Saitama vs. Boros fight, man, I didn't notice before that Boros runs towards Saitama in exactly the same way as Saitama ran towards the Subterraneans all the way back in Episode 1.
It's small touches like that, among the other ways the final fight has connections to the first episode like the close up of the heart beating because they finally found the excitement of fighting again, that make it so great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"sports commentator commenting a romantic anime" got me as soon as I saw it was Nozaki-Kun

Considering how much random swearing I see from time to time in fan scans of manga, THIS IS SO TRUE.
Even the "good" fansub of One Piece has about four swears a page.

So the Fire Emblem direct was pretty good. Looking forward to seeing Gaiden brought up to modern standards and FE Heroes might be the first mobile game I'm actually looking forward to.

One look at my avatar and you'll know who I voted for. Tomorrow I will give Lyn some love.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well then, you shouldn't have bought so many copies of awakening to the point it saved the series & convinced nintendo it was worth keeping that franchise around

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT

SOMEHOW

WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY MORE COPIES OF PUNCH-OUT ON WII SO THAT CAN GET A SEQUEL

Edit: In all fairness, I wouldn't mind seeing an Advance Wars just to shake things up, but at the same time, it's nice to see Nintendo realize a series that took so many games to bring to the US is profitable here. Granted, as long as it doesn't lead to 5 more sword users in Smash Bros....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This was all I could find on the matter. Quoted since the page doesn't seem to be working, so nabbed a cached version:

Earlier today, Crunchyroll parent company Ellation laid off seventeen employees. The layoffs were made following an acquisition, which was made in an effort to expand the company's engineering resources. As of press time, no further details have been announced.

Ellation CEO Tom Pickett issued a formal statement regarding the situation:

We recently closed an acquisition to significantly expand the size of our engineering team. As part of company restructuring efforts, it is with regret that we needed to make some difficult but necessary changes at Ellation. This morning, we parted ways with 17 employees that played important roles in helping us grow the company over the last several years.

This was not an easy decision, but one that puts Ellation on the path towards continued growth. While this announcement is unfortunate, it is not a reflection of Ellation's overall business. It was a record-year for Crunchyroll in 2016 and VRV is off to a great start. We have some exciting plans for 2017 that we'll be sharing soon.
For some reason, some people on Twitter are acting like "omg crunchyroll is going bankrupt!!" when that doesn't seem to be the case.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish Nichijou got some kind of LE, but then again, I don't know what could actually be included.

I'm very close to pre-ordering it, making it the first anime purchase I've truly made, but $50 feels a bit expensive when there's no dub & I only want Blu-Ray, why give me DVD as well, I only need one set of the series.

Neoxon

I got a higher-res version of the JoJo logo.

hvQt6Mv.png

This one has "The Animation" kept in if you want to be specific to the anime.

Seems kinda messed up they let go of their own people after hiring some new ones. "Thanks for all the hard work, fuckos. Now get lost."

I mean its fairly common when acquisitions and mergers happen for stuff like this to happen. Sucks for those impacted obviously and hopefully they can quickly bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom