• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
oh yeah, that reminds me

Why does Santana speak with an American accent? Or, rather, why doesn't Santana have a stupid accent? Like, they almost went out of their way to give every Nazi awful German accents, and there are more accents coming up, so I'm kind of surprised they didn't bother with Santana.

...then again, I guess there isn't an "Aztec accent".

oh yeah, that reminds me

Why does Santana speak with an American accent? Or, rather, why doesn't Santana have a stupid accent? Like, they almost went out of their way to give every Nazi awful German accents, and there are more accents coming up, so I'm kind of surprised they didn't bother with Santana.

...then again, I guess there isn't an "Aztec accent".

Interesting enough, none of the pillar men actually have accents. I guess it's a way to make them stand out from all the other characters in Part 2.

cntr

Banned
After finally listening to the ToonamiGAF Awards: Yeah, Production IG's making a new Legend of the Galactic Heroes adaptation in 2017.

So there's actually a chance of it happening. Like yeah it's a pretty small chance, but still.

So it seems more of the important tidbits about the Switch trickled out slowly after the presentation and I just randomly decided to find out about it out of curiousity.

Apparently their online service requires you to make calls on your fucking smart-phone... apparently...

And when you subscribe to their service you get one really old game to play with for a month for free and then it stops being free.

I'm no expert on this stuff but all the extra news I'm hearing sounds really shit.

Lex Lang as Goku? That's an interesting casting choice

So it seems more of the important tidbits about the Switch trickled out slowly after the presentation and I just randomly decided to find out about it out of curiousity.

Apparently their online service requires you to make calls on your fucking smart-phone... apparently...

And when you subscribe to their service you get one really old game to play with for a month for free and then it stops being free.

I'm no expert on this stuff but all the extra news I'm hearing sounds really shit.

I guess you can always count on Nintendo making some backwards-ass decisions.

Wendee Lee and Michelle Ruff in a Dragon Ball dub?

Never thought I'd see the day.

Spike Spencer as Buu makes my mind full of what.

Wendee Lee returns as Bulma, wow.

For those that don't know Harmony Gold did a Dragon Ball dub in the 1980s before Funimation was created. It had the usual name changes for the time (Goku was "Zero" and Bulma was "Lena").

For "Lena" her voice actress was Wendee Lee.

Wonder if she even remembers or realizes its the same character.

Got sucked into HxH again, watching the dub till I get passed it. Why does a giant fish need crab legs? "Your father abandoned you to be a Hunter." "Yeah, isn't that amazing." Fucking Gon gives ZERO fucks.

For those that don't know Harmony Gold did a Dragon Ball dub in the 1980s before Funimation was created. It had the usual name changes for the time (Goku was "Zero" and Bulma was "Lena").

I'm sure she does va's aren't talentless blither morons like some game/anime fans seem to think

cntr

Banned
Did you guys ever notice that it's called "Hunter x Hunter" with a silent x, because Gon's looking for his dad, and that makes him a hunter hunter?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He's hunting for a hunter.

....which means he's hunting for his dream of meeting his dad.

Also, Killia is a killer killer, which means he should get his own spin off called Killer la Killer.

zulux21

I... honestly think that's a little reach. Why have the silent x in the first place?

because japan.

they like doing things to make their stuff seem cooler.

have you ever seen what square enix names their kingdom hearts games :p

He's hunting for a hunter.

....which means he's hunting for his dream of meeting his dad.

Also, Killia is a killer killer, which means he should get his own spin off called Killer la Killer.

really don't see why you would have a spin off without the main love interest, he'd never leave his boyfriend behind :p
it would have to be a prequel which wouldn't be worth the 10 chapters every 2 years we get of hunter x hunter material.

I didn't know that. Never actually watched the Harmony Gold dub.
Probably not a coincidence by Bang Zoom. If so, they must have had a laugh behind the scenes.

Buu is lucky he can eat candy all day. I try to do that and my teeth hurt. Like a pussy.

My teeth are pussies.

Dr. Chaotix
My teeth are pussies
(Today, 03:12 PM)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Your Name is now the highest grossing anime film of all time.

Ghibli has been dethroned, all hail Makoto Shinkai.

cntr

Banned
Yeah I haven't seen IBO S2 yet, but from what I'm hearing, they've fixed most of the issues with S1.

Which would be absolutely astounding, a Gundam second season that's better than the first?! The only show that managed that was G Gundam!

Yeah I haven't seen IBO S2 yet, but from what I'm hearing, they've fixed most of the issues with S1.

Which would be absolutely astounding, a Gundam second season that's better than the first?! The only show that managed that was G Gundam!

But G Gundam ran continuous.

Some would say that
Double
Zeta is better than its first season.

"I am Sir Totes, my gait is wonky as fuck, so follow me." Killua was the only one smart enough to bring a skateboard. *epic kick flip* I'll run now. And of course Illumi and Hisoka are running side by side.
sadistic bros 4 lyfe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom