• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"We went from 200,000 viewers to 1.4 million"

Seems Toonami has helped the Saturday Block, even with One Piece so low.

This was a good video indeed

Chase17

DQ8 snuck up on me before I even started 7 haha.

Probably going to miss the block this week since I've got to travel on sunday

Tenumi

Banned
man, do y'all remember that April Fools when we were all losing our shit about Toonami being on?

Good fuckin times.

edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468632

I still remember... I wasn't a member here yet. Lurker, though. Actually turned on to watch Bleach that night, turned the channel right as The Room started playing... and about 5 minutes later was reading the Penny-Arcade forums and saw an thread there about it.

...can't believe that was 5 years ago already...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still remember... I wasn't a member here yet. Lurker, though. Actually turned on to watch Bleach that night, turned the channel right as The Room started playing... and about 5 minutes later was reading the Penny-Arcade forums and saw an thread there about it.

...can't believe that was 5 years ago already...
Same story but instead of going to PA I went to sleep.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh cool, got an invite to a Nintendo Switch event.
*checks address, over an hour away*
... Never mind. Better to be patient anyway.

Killua: "I slashed my mother in the face..."
Gon: *barely reacts*

Netero is such a hippie. Netero has adamantium shins. Killua kicked this old ass man like he was playing for keeps. Killua just killed some dudes cause he couldn't beat up an old man.

My impression of Gon in ep 7: "He's such a nice persistent cute kid."
Gon
post Chimera Ant Arc
:
"Gon...dafuq is your problem!!!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think about all the people who'd want to receive an invitation.

I wish I got to go to more events. Only time I ever go to do something cool like going to a gaming event was when Capcom flew me to Miami & I got to meet Seth Killian & Svenson, the former VP, along with seeing Ono in person.

Wish I lived somewhere more interesting...

Mizerman

Think about all the people who'd want to receive an invitation.

I wish I got to go to more events. Only time I ever go to do something cool like going to a gaming event was when Capcom flew me to Miami & I got to meet Seth Killian & Svenson, the former VP, along with seeing Ono in person.

Wish I lived somewhere more interesting...

Whoa. That is cool.

Anyone worried about the portrayal of Nazis in Jojo can rest assured that aside from the occasional sympathetic Nazi character, they are as a whole represented as arrogant incompetent perverted buffoons who just make things worse.

Fuck Mal. Glad I never used it.

I thought Black Lagoon had a rather interesting portrayal of Nazis. The group that gets wiped out is portrayed as a bunch of incompetant morons, but Dutch has a talk with their actual leader who more or less says their numbers are swelling and they're doing well finacially.

Basically one of the reoccurring characters this season is a Nazi Soldier and because there's a bigger threat he does fight alongside Joseph.

The Nazis are never actually treated sympathetically though and Joseph even goes on record on even feeling conflicted about the alliance because of it.
Outside of Stroheim Araki gave no fucks really about humanizing the Nazi's and boy do some die in some fucked up ways. And to be honest Stroheim isn't a "good" guy, he's just a big enough person to align with Joseph to take out the greater evil. He's a Jobro, but he's not the one you want to take home to meet your parents.

cntr

Banned
4tT7dkm.jpg
(from the legend of koizumi)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If I've got my episode counts right this weeks episode of HxH should be some hot fucking fire and the episode that started my turn around on the series as I started off not liking it that much. Everyone who isn't familiar with the show or manga is in for a treat tomorrow.

Seda

I'm several weeks behind on Toonami's airings. Gonna miss this Saturday too. I haven't seen any of the reactions to Jojo part 2 ;(

If I've got my episode counts right this weeks episode of HxH should be some hot fucking fire and the episode that started my turn around on the series as I started off not liking it that much. Everyone who isn't familiar with the show or manga is in for a treat tomorrow.
Watching the beginning with knowledge of the whole damn show paints some scenes very differently and seem like foreshadowing to me. The biggest one for me so far was when Hisoka was running next to Illumi while he was in disguise during the the hunter exam marathon. Also the stuff with Killua explaining the stuff with his parents to Gon and Gon, barely gave a shit.

Chase17

Fuuka 04
Drama!
Sonic and the Hedgehogs!
Oh that ending was the last straw. I'm out!
Wait a minute. That post credit tease seems interesting.
I'm back in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom