• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

I didn't think it was so much Zeon Deikunbeing crazy as much as it is overworked.
he probably died of natural causes.

As for Zeon name change? They didnt. It always went with the flow it had in Origin. It always went from Mundo to Republic of Zeon after his death, to Principality of Zeon during the war

Oh so they didn't retcon away Republic of Zeon? I thought that's what happened.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"length of your average anime episode"

....okay, that was rather funny.

WHY DOES KRILLIN HAVE HAIR NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN

WHO IS THIS LITTLE KID

WHY IS ANDROID 18'S VOICE SO BAD NOW

KRILLIN FUCKED AN ANDROID?!?!

WHEN?

WHY?

HOW?

So yeah, this episode is better than the previous ones, but then again, it seems we're now getting into Battle of Gods retreading.

lol roshi & oolong

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
lol gohan giving his real dad a pic of his wedding day

goku's "angry woman yelling at him" sensor went off.

Moaradin

Android 18's voice isn't bad lol. That's the original Android 18 voice. She couldn't do Kai but she came back for the recent movies and Super.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WHAT THE HELL IS THE Z-SWORD

But yeah, seems like Super is starting to pick up, but that could also be due to the fact I rather liked Battle of Gods & it's going to be a retelling of that soon.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Coulda swore I just saw a B/W bump saying Samurai Jack is coming back March 11th at 11:30. Am I late to this?

You know, now that you mention it, I didn't even notice for the schedule, but Samurai Jack has been on the air for the last two weeks right after the premiere slot for Super.

Jarate

Banned
WHAT THE HELL IS THE Z-SWORD

But yeah, seems like Super is starting to pick up, but that could also be due to the fact I rather liked Battle of Gods & it's going to be a retelling of that soon.

DBZ FINAL CHAPTER SPOILER WARNING

It's a sword that was so immensely heavy that even Gohan had a hard time wielding it. It was found in spirit world at the supreme kai's planet(The supreme Kai is the top kai). The Supreme Kai I believe was going to train Gohan to fight Majin Buu. While gohan struggled at first, he soon was able to wield the Z-Sword. Unfortunately, the sword broke during training. The sword was actually a trapped Kai stuck in a sword!This was the elder Kai, who is even more old and anient and powerful then the Supreme Kai (The Kai stuff doesn't really make much sense). The Elder Kai ends up unlocking Gohans powers creating Mystic Gohan. This is the 2 kai's you saw relationship to Goku

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm going to guess Toonami will get pushed back a half hour?

........oh god, I just realized, Gohan is mimicking the Ginyu Force. lol "what a weirdo"

cntr

Banned
On October 11, 2016, Chris Reccardi posted on his official Facebook page that the new season would premiere in March 2017;[11] the next day Toonami's showrunner Jason DeMarco has said there was no definite premiere date set.[12] Reccardi later deleted his post.
Hmmm.

Seda

No shows currently end on or around March 11, so I suppose that just means New Samurai Jack pushes everything else back? Or maybe DB Super slides to 11PM? [edit: Or get rid of it completely? That seems doubtful]

You know, now that you mention it, I didn't even notice for the schedule, but Samurai Jack has been on the air for the last two weeks right after the premiere slot for Super.

I've been semi-absent recently but I recall somebody saying that Samurai Jack was running again, yeah.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OK, so if Jack's at 11:30 what is going to happen to Super? Is it moving up to 11? Back to 12? Unless we're losing Super, it moves up, or everything is getting pushed back and we lose the repeat slot I don't see how this works.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now wait a minute.

Flying Nimbus can only be flown by those with a pure heart.

First Goku, then Gohan, now Goten.

.........how is it all 3 of them can ride it, but Chi-Chi & Bulma couldn't?

Obviously Roshi couldn't ride it anymore, hence why he gave it to Goku, but still, seems weird pretty much everyone in the Goku family can use it....except Goku's wife.

OK, so if Jack's at 11:30 what is going to happen to Super? Is it moving up to 11? Back to 12?

There's nothing the end around that time so either everything is getting pushed back an hour (and GITS: SAC will be gone after 5 episodes) or DB:Super is simply being pushed forward and it starts at 11 EST.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There's nothing the end around that time so either everything is getting pushed back an hour (and GITS: SAC will be gone after 5 episodes) or DB:Super is simply being pushed forward and it starts at 11 EST.

Part of me thinks it's getting pushed up to 11. It'd be a good excuse to push the block up and increase the ratings for the back-half of the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
he's gonna build this city on Rock &........yeah, just Rock will build this city.

So they ever gonna explain how Mr. Satan got famous & all that crap?

lol they're not giving in to Gohan's gotta take a pee excuse.

"that's a big power level" Wait, power levels are coming back? I thought they stopped after Frieza.

HOLY HELL, GOHAN.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
he's gonna build this city on Rock &........yeah, just Rock will build this city.

So they ever gonna explain how Mr. Satan got famous & all that crap?

lol they're not giving in to Gohan's gotta take a pee excuse.

Mr Satan won a world martial arts tournament (the one Goku and everyone missed while training for Cell) and got credit for beating Cell. As far as anyone knows he saved the Earth.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mr Satan won a world martial arts tournament (the one Goku and everyone missed while training for Cell) and got credit for beating Cell. As far as anyone knows he saved the Earth.
....what tournament? I can't remember.

I remembered the fact he took care of Cell, but I was wondering if he became famous before Cell, guess that tournament would explain some of it.

Mizerman

Drop Jojo.

giphy.gif

Seda

That reminds me, I have some housekeeping questions:

I keep track of when&where shows have been announced for Toonami. When and where was Gundam Unicorn announced? I don't see it clearly on the Facebook.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
God, this Bloody Stream edit would be so much better if they didn't end it so early.

Unicorn was announced on their facebook (though it seems they deleted the picture) on November 29th. This was the image they posted (though they got the date wrong by a week):

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
....what tournament? I can't remember.

I remembered the fact he took care of Cell, but I was wondering if he became famous before Cell, guess that tournament would explain some of it.

Apparently there was a World Martial Arts Tournament that everyone with actual skill missed while training for the androids.

Seda

Oh ok

here is the history of show announcements and debut dates for anybody curious. I don't guarantee accuracy.

j7Z0iR6.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, 5 shows where we learned they were going to air, but then had to wait 3+ months for it to actually happen.

....or in Samurai Jack's case, 1 year & 3 months. Wonder if FLCL will beat that.

Master Moltar

Neo Member
I wonder what happens to the DB Super repeat...
My guess is that DBS premieres stay at 8 and Jack S5 encores possibly replace the older Jack episodes at 8:30.

Toonami will then start at 11:00 with the DBS repeat, followed by new Jack, and then the rest of the line-up is unchanged.

What will be very interesting to see is what they do with 11:30 when Jack ends since it's going to be a shorter show. They could potentially use that slot to air a number of shorter shows (like ones mentioned in that Twitter poll from a while back). Slotting Jack and other future premieres between the two DB shows is also a good way to guarantee strong ratings for that slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom