• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
iirc, it's the same composer for Kai, Buu, and Super, except the OST for Kai was reused from a movie, while Buu and Super had the music made for them

bigkrev

Grrr, FIOS still doesn't have last weeks episodes On Demand yet. I would rather watch them on TV instead of sitting at my computer!

Probably will be missing the start this week as well. Too many Birthdays!

I was definitely hitting next episode as soon as it showed up then.

Netflix will auto-start the next episode before the credits end for most of it's TV shows

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
iirc, it's the same composer for Kai, Buu, and Super, except the OST for Kai was reused from a movie, while Buu and Super had the music made for them

If by Kai you mean the first part? No, that was Kenji Yamamoto, who had his music removed after he was caught plagiarizing it. Kai's soundtrack was sloppily replaced with Kikuchi's work (which is good, but doesn't work in Kai due to poor editing).

Kai:TFC and Super are composed by Norihito Sumitomo.

Man, The Second Raid is so much more violent than the first season of Full Metal Panic.

This season has Black Lagoon levels of violence.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well yeah I did watch Ouran High School Host Club. Your twin watch Gundam too?

Nah I'm pretty sure the last anime she ever watched was whatever the hell Nickelodeon did on special delivery in the early 1990's.

We do both love Disney musicals from that time period though. Other things we both like is a pretty scant list. A couple of musical acts. Harry Potter. Lord of the Rings. Certain but not all cooking competition shows from the early 2000's. She is a Game of Thrones TV watcher, I'm a book reader.

I've promised to watch Vikings this winter in order for us to have something to talk about that isn't just what her kids are up to.

cntr

Banned
Twincest has been around pretty much forever. It's usually seen as less taboo for god knows what reason, speaking as a twin.
wpMx5Uv.jpg

Man Hisoka's orgasm moans are hilarious. Keith Silverstein? is killing it. So far Gon, Killua, Hisoka and Kurapika have the best actors, Leorio's is pretty good too.

Regiruler

Seeing the new Yugioh movie tomorrow.

It doesn't have a super high bar to clear to be the best one but the animation has looked good, so I'm hopeful.

Seda

Man Hisoka's orgasm moans are hilarious. Keith Silverstein? is killing it. So far Gon, Killua, Hisoka and Kurapika have the best actors, Leorio's is pretty good too.

I still have a somewhat difficult time reconciling that Leorio is Matt Mercer. It sounds nothing like his more usual voice.

bigkrev

Seeing the new Yugioh movie tomorrow.

It doesn't have a super high bar to clear to be the best one but the animation has looked good, so I'm hopeful.

So it's REALLY long. Not since the Hobbit movies have I just been constantly checking my phone to see if the movie was almost over. It has a runtime over over 2 hours- it would have been better served cutting at least half an hour.

Regiruler

The second most memorable thing about Pyramid of Light was scorching my tongue with sour skittles that I got in the theater.

I'm considering getting a bag for nostalgia...

Oh yeah. I remember seeing Pyramid of Light when I was a kid. Back when I was visiting family in New York City (like I do every year) me, my brother, my grandma, and my aunt went to see it.

And I remember when Anubis was defeated, Tea said the line "He's not coming back is he?" and my aunt chuckled at that.

Also I remember, "It's no longer time to duel. Now it is time to DIE!"

mostly Yu-Gi-Oh the anime just makes me remember that I read the manga once and it was cool as hell and that they'll never actually adapt the pre-card game part of it because it probably harms the brand of a children's show to have their most well-known protagonist start burning people to death

mostly Yu-Gi-Oh the anime just makes me remember that I read the manga once and it was cool as hell and that they'll never actually adapt the pre-card game part of it because it probably harms the brand of a children's show to have their most well-known protagonist start burning people to death

Whenever I think about Yu-Gi-Oh!, often the first thing that comes to mind is the idea of a re-adapted anime focusing on that pre-card game part. Because it's the literal best part.

The thing I love the most is how Mokuba actually was at the start of the series. This legitimately insane little devil spawn who was just as evil and vain as Kaiba who wanted to chop off Yugi's finger and keep it as a trophy if he beat him in capsule monsters and tried to get Yugi and Jounouchi to eat a burger that was fucking poisoned.

And then ate the poisoned burger himself when he lost because of pride. And then almost died.

And when Kaiba came down the stairs and saw Mokuba choking to death he just called him a "Cheeky brat" and then had his full attention on Yugi. Didn't give a shit.

It was fucking great.

Everyone knows about that by now. But what I have in mind is something that gets it right. Something that doesn't take out the parts where Mokuba plays Russian roulette with poisoned food because he's a dangerous sociopath with an affinity for violence and murder.

And also, they actually let Yugi light that one dude on fire like he did in the manga instead of just making him dream that he did.

Mizerman

I still have a somewhat difficult time reconciling that Leorio is Matt Mercer. It sounds nothing like his more usual voice.

Yeah, dude has range. He's has a role in Wabbit in which he plays as Bigfoot and he sounds nothing like his usual roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom