• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But honest recommendation, watch The Disastrous Life of Saiki K if you haven't already. It's humor reminds me a lot of Gintama and it makes a lot of meta jokes about anime tropes without ever becoming self-indulging like a lot of other series that goes down this path do.

Part 2 has a fair share of interesting/fun characters like Karin, Tobi, Hidan, Kakuzu, etc the problem is the main cast is a wet blanket. I'd like to further add Killer Bee represents an odd moment for the series where it seems like we're going to start a wider variety of ninja's from the remaining villages but outside of the Kages and Killer Bee the other 3 ninja villages get pretty shafted.

I definitely agree that the other villages got shafted. They mostly do a highlight reel over important figures and some others that are just shown for a moment or two during
the Fourth Shinobi World War arc

Chase17

Karin actually serves a great purpose
Spoilers
it's hilarious when sasuke kills her. It's too bad they didn't go through with it though. Might be my favorite sasuke part 2 moment lol

cntr

Banned
From what I know, Desert Punk was always kind of dark, since well, it literally takes place on the nuclear-blasted desert ruins of Tokyo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But honest recommendation, watch The Disastrous Life of Saiki K if you haven't already. It's humor reminds me a lot of Gintama and it makes a lot of meta jokes about anime tropes without ever becoming self-indulging like a lot of other series that goes down this path do.
I can 2nd this recommendation. I keep up with the manga & found the anime enjoyable. I wouldn't mind rewatching it just to see how Funimation handled the dub.

I can 2nd this recommendation. I keep up with the manga & found the anime enjoyable. I wouldn't mind rewatching it just to see how Funimation handled the dub.

I watched the dub and I thought it was pretty solid overall even though they cast most of their regulars. Stand outs were definitely Jerry Jewell as Saiki and Micah Solusod as Kaidou.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It dawned on me recently that I haven't seen any of the Resident Evil movies.

Not the live action ones, or the CG ones.
I've heard the CGI ones (especially the 2nd one) were actually rather good & worth watching if you like RE.

All I can think of is how it's called "Final Chapter" when other horror franchises tried to name something "final *something*", only for more of them to be made. Hell, Friday the 13th did it TWICE, yet still had more movies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wtf, the new S-E announcement ISN'T an Avengers world in Kingdom Hearts 3?

This is what I get for having my hopes up for a S-E announcement after the TWEWY port teaser.

So I watched the Fuuka dub last night after I got off from work. I try to make it a thing of not making fun of voice actors, but Aaron Dismuke sounds like he's been going through perpetual puberty.

I'm still hoping this isn't another school days. I have watched up to ep 3 so far.

Scum's Wish is looking like it will be the School Days of this season.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Scum's Wish basically describes Makoto & his desires.

Also damn, OPM is leaving the block next week. It's going to be interesting rewatching GitS now that I'm much older & have a better idea what I'm in for compared to teenager me who would usually fall asleep watching it, therefore having to record it & watch it during the day, only to still question "why is this so popular?"

So I watched the Fuuka dub last night after I got off from work. I try to make it a thing of not making fun of voice actors, but Aaron Dismuke sounds like he's been going through perpetual puberty.

Scum's Wish is looking like it will be the School Days of this season.
How the hell is Dismuke's voice still changing? OG FMA was how many years ago?

cntr

Banned
Is this some sort of Monster Monsume spinoff or something?
From what I've heard, Interviews With Monster Girls is "a series about a biology teacher having discussions with monster girls about how their biology and normal life works, and there's no fanservice or lewdness involved."

...at least, the manga's that way. The anime moeified all the character designs, GATE-style, so I dunno if they did other crap.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I've heard, Interviews With Monster Girls is "a series about a biology teacher having discussions with monster girls about how their biology and normal life works, and there's no fanservice or lewdness involved."

...at least, the manga's that way. The anime moeified all the character designs, GATE-style, so I dunno if they did other crap.
"biology"

"no fanservice or lewdness"

suuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee

cntr

Banned
believe it or not, that's really is what it is, lol

it's probably the only monster girl-related series I'd actually read for that reason

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
believe it or not, that's really is what it is, lol

it's probably the only monster girl-related series I'd actually read for that reason
SUUUURRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE

"read"

It can't be nowhere near as annoying/awful as Monster Monsume, at least....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Boy does that Mass Effect: Andromeda leave me feeling cold.
I guess you could say it's having a.....mass effect on your anticipation for the game.

.....I never cared for Mass Effect, despite being a sci-fi/tech guy. Maybe it was just the presentation or something. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom