• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I'm generally a big Fire Emblem fan, I would say it's my favorite franchise, but I can't bring myself to care about a mobile fanservice game.

edit: Pretty excited for Shadows of Valentia though. FE2 is one of the few I haven't played.

I'm generally a big Fire Emblem fan, I would say it's my favorite franchise, but I can't bring myself to care about a mobile fanservice game.

edit: Pretty excited for Shadows of Valentia though. FE2 is one of the few I haven't played.

FE2 is probably the FE game that deserves a remake the most given the original Gaiden has not aged well.

3-4 clicks Seda, that's all you need to do :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just curious as someone who doesn't pay much attention.

I know the HxH manga came back briefly recently, right? How long did that last and how long has it been back in hiatus?
The 2011 anime ends where the manga should have ended.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish I could get into FE, but my playthroughs of the first GBA game where I first got into somewhere past ch. 20 but was in an unwinnable situation & then again, but not even making it to ch. 10 without being a perfectionist & wanting everyone to survive, I gave Awakening a chance & despite the "casual" mode, I still felt like restarting battles because I wanted to level my characters up & ensure I got everyone.

FE Echoes SEEMS like it could be more up my alley, being more among the structure of a regular RPG with an open world, dungeons, & such. I just don't know if I'll like it after giving the FE series a 3rd chance.

.....speaking of RPGs, I finally got back into FF15 thanks to the Moogle Chocobo carnival & are now close to facing the final boss & getting the platinum.....with almost 85 hours into the game. Probably will be close to 90 by the time I get every trophy...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So ToonamiGAF, you guys planning to vote in the Anime of the Year thread?
Why, so Yuri on Ice can once again win everything despite other anime being much more deserving & Kira from Jojo Part 4 once again not winning best villain or Mob Psycho 100 being best animated or best OP.

Chase17

So ToonamiGAF, you guys planning to vote in the Anime of the Year thread?

I was going to but realized I probably hadn't watched enough to do a proper vote

For fun here's my top 3
1) Haikyu S2
2) Mob
3) Haikyu S3

Only a third of the way through Rakugo but I see why it is so highly regarded.

Moaradin

The 2011 anime ends where the manga should have ended.

The arc the manga is on has potential to be the best in the series, and we just got one of the best fights in the genre. So I don't think so.

At this point I would just cancel the series.

It's one of the best selling Jump titles despite only getting single volume releases every year or so, and the quality is still very high whenever it actually does come back. That would be like cancelling Berserk because it only gets like 4 chapters a year.

The arc the manga is on has potential to be the best in the series, and we just got one of the best fights in the genre. So I don't think so.

It's one of the best selling Jump titles despite only getting single volume releases every year or so, and the quality is still very high whenever it actually does come back. That would be like cancelling Berserk because it only gets like 4 chapters a year.
Well we still know Togashi is alive. When was the last time Miura was seen in public?

Didn't he also draw Nobunaga Oda last year?
tumblr_oc4bekEBPg1sjroblo1_500.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Miura seems to be doing six months off, six months of releases or something close to that. So technically he's actively releasing stuff for half a year since Berserk is monthly when it is releasing.

cntr

Banned
Also, Togashi gave us a conclusion so that the series would have some kind of ending if he dies, not because he wanted to finish it forever. And it lets the anime have a proper non-gecko end!

Pretty sure Togashi said during a recent-ish interview (maybe the one with Kishimoto?) that he's been feeling better and he's working on his health. Hopefully he's been seeing a physical therapist.

I don't draw, but I can't imagine doing years of weekly drawing while lying down on my stomach. He's said it was a bad habit and he's suffering for it.

I don't think we know what is up with Miura outside of Idolmaster jokes.

Raxus

Togashi just got on a boat so I don't expect anything from him until 2020 at the latest.

I assume Miura saw the recent Berserk anime and just went 'fuck it you don't deserve this scene Berserk fans'.

I really gotta pick up Berserk again. I am only a few chapters into it.

Togashi just got on a boat so I don't expect anything from him until 2020 at the latest.

I assume Miura saw the recent Berserk anime and just went 'fuck it you don't deserve this scene Berserk fans'.

I really gotta pick up Berserk again. I am only a few chapters into it.
Can't wait for Toonami to get that shitty ass Berserk that came on last year. Oh my fucking god...will probably be a Sentai dub.

Moaradin

Berserk got picked up by Crunchyroll to dub. That was before they announced the Funimation partnership though, so we could see a Funimation dub of it.

Either way they should get the cast from the 90's anime again. They reprised their roles for the recent movies so I don't see why they shouldn't do it again.

Mizerman

Berserk got picked up by Crunchyroll to dub. That was before they announced the Funimation partnership though, so we could see a Funimation dub of it.

Either way they should get the cast from the 90's anime again. They reprised their roles for the recent movies so I don't see why they shouldn't do it again.

Yeah, Marc Diraison as Guts is perfect.

Puck: Guts we gotta stop the Skull Knight!

Guts: Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Damn it Moaradin, I was rubbing salt into a wound!

Noooooo!

Oh thank god.
Wouldn't the new Berserk series go to Viz given they have the movies?
I assumed the worst and felt a Sentai dub was fitting for a show where barely any effort was put into it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I started watching the original Gundam anime, about ten episodes in

The animation is legit terrible and the show is repetitive as hell so far

that said, I got to the "Garma's Fate" episode and it was actually great, so I'm probably going to stick with the show

so I started watching the original Gundam anime, about ten episodes in

The animation is legit terrible and the show is repetitive as hell so far

that said, I got to the "Garma's Fate" episode and it was actually great, so I'm probably going to stick with the show
It's disco era anime. How good are you expecting it to look?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I mean it seems obvious that they had no goddamn budget so they're doing what they can, but it still sucks seeing the same bad stock battle footage repeated multiple times an episode for multiple episodes in a row.

There's also the occasional glaring problems with scale and perspective and such which make the whole thing feel amateurish. I actually would call it ugly sometimes.

That said, I'm sure a lot of it wasn't really the fault of the show's animators so... I'll kind of give them a pass.

I mean it seems obvious that they had no goddamn budget so they're doing what they can, but it still sucks seeing the same bad stock battle footage repeated multiple times an episode for multiple episodes in a row.

There's also the occasional glaring problems with scale and perspective and such which make the whole thing feel amateurish. I actually would call it ugly sometimes.

That said, I'm sure a lot of it wasn't really the fault of the show's animators so... I'll kind of give them a pass.
There's stock footage in pretty much every Gundam show, especially Seed Destiny. I think the budget was so bad there's like 4 recap episodes.

Super-1,158 0.5
Kai-1,038 0.5
Jojo-866 0.4
HxH-779 0.3
Naruto-814 0.4

Super at 8-851 0.3

Nothing about One Piece or the finale of OPM.

That's actually a pretty solid decline overall.

Like, it's not getting the insane numbers that the Freeza Saga of Kai did, but at the same time, it doesn't look as laughably top heavy as the ratings were last year with DBZ and OPM back to back.

For the entire week of January 23-29, 2017 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up +2 percent in viewership (0.887 million vs. 0.859 million) and up +2 percent among Adults 18-49 (535,000 vs. 527,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down -18 percent in total viewership (0.887 million vs. 1.076 million) and down -18 percent among Adults 18-49 (535,000 vs. 652,000) from the same week one year ago (January 25-31, 2016).

275e9.png

One Piece & OPM finale included.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More people cared about rewatching the OPM final battle over the music video (which I totally blame for OP's huge drop) & OP.

Also WTF at Shippuden getting more viewers than HxH

More people cared about rewatching the OPM final battle over the music video (which I totally blame for OP's huge drop) & OP.

Also WTF at Shippuden getting more viewers than HxH

Were entering 1 of the good arcs of Naruto right now. Killer-B has appeared, pain is going to making his move soon and sasuke and his team are working for the akatsuki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom