• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

The scene where whamu fused the soldier's hands together was a great way to make use of his visual motif. You could see that their arms were bent at straight angles after he danced his way through them.

So far I like him a lot more than Sanviento, as the only thing Sanviento had going for him was that he was creepy flexible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Santana never even appears as a playable character in the Jojo games. It's only these three that get remembered.

Rewatching HxH openings right now and even the lyrics want Hisoka's creeper ass to leave.

tumblr_inline_okj3alhmVt1s437wa_540.jpg

I'm getting a tad worried about the Toonami lineup.

Before when they would move to 11:30, all the shows would get pushed up. But now they just added one on top of all the ones they have and it's amazed me how big a difference 30 minutes can make.

Now apparently the new Samurai Jack is coming at 11:30 on March 11 and I'm not sure how that'll work. The idea of the block moving up to 11:00 would have made me happy if the number of shows we had were the same but that's not the case now. The idea of all of the shows getting pushed back however would mean that the three long runner premieres would be pushed way in the fucking back with One Piece coming on at 3 in the goddamn morning.

I wasn't a fan of airing both these Dragonball shows at the same time but now I'm getting exhausted just thinking about what's coming down the line.

I'm getting a tad worried about the Toonami lineup.

Before when they would move to 11:30, all the shows would get pushed up. But now they just added one on top of all the ones they have and it's amazed me how big a difference 30 minutes can make.

Now apparently the new Samurai Jack is coming at 11:30 on March 11 and I'm not sure how that'll work. The idea of the block moving up to 11:00 would have made me happy if the number of shows we had were the same but that's not the case now. The idea of all of the shows getting pushed back however would mean that the three long runner premieres would be pushed way in the fucking back with One Piece coming on at 3 in the goddamn morning.

I wasn't a fan of airing both these Dragonball shows at the same time but now I'm getting exhausted just thinking about what's coming down the line.

It's possible they put Super at 11 I think

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Like every other Kamiya game some absolutely vital bits of your toolbox are for sale in the shop. W101 also has somewhat clunky controls so it's the one game I suggest turning the difficulty all the way down and playing again on normal.

Got a Nielson tv diary in the mail. Always look forward to those because they send me Thirty bucks just to document my tv watching habit over the course of a week.

Jarate

Banned
The class is International Relations (focusing on causes of War).

In times of war, even mortal enemies can come together to fight a common foe. In the 2nd World War, the Nazis, having discovered the Pillar men in Italy worked with young Joseph Joestar, a British man, to help take down the scourge of vampire that the Nazis had awakened...

I'm almost done with Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid.

The car chase in episode 5, which initially sets itself up as a breather episode, is awesome. It's awesome.

giphy.gif

It's this 10 minute long action chase scene straight out of a John Woo film, with cars exploding so liberally one would think they were packed with TNT, all the while Sousuke is more focused on trying to explain gently how he's trying to focus on his midterms to Kaname. The guy they're kidnapping keeps waking up only to get knocked out. The chase climaxes with our heroes being saved by a mysterious stranger in a fancy mech.

The car chase in episode 5, which initially sets itself up as a breather episode, is awesome. It's awesome.

giphy.gif

It's this 10 minute long action chase scene straight out of a John Woo film, with cars exploding so liberally one would think they were packed with TNT, all the while Sousuke is more focused on trying to explain gently how he's trying to focus on his midterms to Kaname. The guy they're kidnapping keeps waking up only to get knocked out. The chase climaxes with our heroes being saved by a mysterious stranger in a fancy mech.
You watch Black Lagoon yet? I'll probably rewatch FMP after FMA:Brotherhood.

Just caught up.

Is that really the end of Heavens Arena arc? jeez it seems soo...unfinished. the last little arc seemed unfinished too, does any of these arcs have a satisfying conclusion to them?

Did the 90s version of HxH add anything to the Heavens Arena Arc?

Just caught up.

Is that really the end of Heavens Arena arc? jeez it seems soo...unfinished. the last little arc seemed unfinished too, does any of these arcs have a satisfying conclusion to them?

That's the thing about HxH, each arc more or less bleeds directly into the next. Greed Island is probably the most "conclusive" of the arcs if only because its concept and setting is so much more different than the rest of the series.

Regiruler

They should go back to heaven's arena, honestly. It feels like teasing to mention how many floors their are and not end with going to the top.

Moaradin

Just caught up.

A few arcs in HxH end pretty anticlimactic, intentionally so. Though if it makes you feel any better, the big arc of the series has the most satisfying conclusion out of any shonen arc that I've seen, and the actual ending of the series is pretty satisfying considering the manga is still ongoing.

Seda

Just curious as someone who doesn't pay much attention.

I know the HxH manga came back briefly recently, right? How long did that last and how long has it been back in hiatus?

Moaradin

I know the HxH manga came back briefly recently, right? How long did that last and how long has it been back in hiatus?

It came back for like 11 chapters and that was almost a year ago. The hiatus before that lasted 2 years.

Those 11 chapters were pretty sick tho :(

Chase17

Came back for 11 chapters in the middle of last year. I think it's been about 7 months since it went on hiatus again

edit: beaten

giphy.gif

Soon you'll be waiting for season 4 to come out like the rest of us. And you won't have to wait for more than a decade like some older fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom