• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well

at least SS3 actually looks different compared to 1 & 2

even if it's just "I have longer hair"

but damn, this scene really does an awful job of making me feel like it's actually any stronger compared to his other forms, save for that one little "stripping away the land" part.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think the worst part of SS3 is the stereotypical caveman-like eyebrows
The point of super saiyan is slowly be coming more and more feral and lose control which is why gohan becomes kinda a dick when fighting cell

I agree that the Zoldyck arc was wasted on Gon and friends fooling around and not giving enough time to Killua actually developing his character. He sort of stops killing just 'cause. But he became a much better character when they started putting him on the same level as Gon during Heaven's Arena.

I guess the execution of his character in the Hunter's Exam and the Zoldyck arc was enough for me not to fully appreciate his moments later on. There's stuff he does later on that I'm still not very fond of actually that I doubt I'd have been okay with even if I had gotten the kind of development I wanted.

I'm usually not the kind of person who gives characters on shows a hard time so I certainly do wish to try and get over this. I doubt it'll happen though.

gokus_chafas-860x450.png

well

at least SS3 actually looks different compared to 1 & 2

even if it's just "I have longer hair"

but damn, this scene really does an awful job of making me feel like it's actually any stronger compared to his other forms, save for that one little "stripping away the land" part.

Goku has a much better showing with it in it's actual debut during the Buu Saga. This whole fight with Beerus was meant to showcase what an enormous powergap there was between Buu and Beerus so SS3 gets jobbed pretty hard as a result.

Wonder if it was another editor interference thing? It isn't really Toriyama's usual style, and Buu is filled with editor crap.

Hard to say, from what I recall there didn't seem to be as much editor interference compared to Cell. Everything in Buu is intended to be comedic/unexpected anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom