• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

This take place only 13 in the future from now? LOL, people last century REALLY underestimated how far along we would be at any point in the future :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This take place only 13 in the future from now? LOL, people last century REALLY underestimated how far along we would be at any point in the future :p

This assumes an entire alternate history that includes World Wars in the '90s and the splintering of the United States into 3 different countries. Don't worry about it.

cntr

Banned
2030 doesn't seem far enough ahead. In 13 years our world will look like that?
"2020 to 2050" is the ideal cyberpunk timescale. It wouldn't be true cyberpunk if the setting was too much later!

I assume they have ear-internal communications? Love it. Love the soundtrack, too.

This assumes an entire alternate history that includes World Wars in the '90s and the splintering of the United States into 3 different countries. Don't worry about it.

Looking at the way Trump is handling things, they might have just been 20 years off. Looking forward to cyber bodies in the 50s.

cntr

Banned
Those robots were dope.

Really like how well-handled the dialogue has been despite being so exposition and reference heavy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"did you see the major's asscheeks, audience?

Did you see it again?"

I joke, but knowing what Masamune Shirow usually draws (including the original manga version of GitS), this is RESERVED in comparison.

cntr

Banned
Wow, after looking at how badly Unicorn handled talking about Laplace's Box, the exposition on the Ichinose Report is so much smoother.

Deliberately wiping your own memory, I'm a broken record at this point, but that's so cyperpunk.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
yeah I'm gonna have to bail

there's nothing wrong with the show, I'm just tired as hell

g'night Toonami GAF

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
yeah I'm gonna have to bail

there's nothing wrong with the show, I'm just tired as hell

g'night Toonami GAF
As some of us have said, this is not the show that works as a 3 a.m. viewing. Totally understandable if people log out despite the show's quality.

ckohler

Aside from not giving a shit, do they ever explain why the Major wears such revealing outfits on her prosthetic body? It is it just the mangaka's taste alone?

Moaradin

Ghost in the Shell is probably the worst show possible to air at 3:00am.

It's a good show, but I probably won't rewatch much of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aside from not giving a shit, do they ever explain why the Major wears such revealing outfits on her prosthetic body? It is it just the mangaka's taste alone?
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the mangaka's taste.

The man draws SMMMUUUUTTTTTTT. There's one scene later on I'll comment on in how toned down it was from the manga in terms of sexual content.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The Major is pretty sexually liberated. Just wait till you meet her girlfriends...

Also, since it's a prosthetic body, she doesn't much give a shit.

cntr

Banned
It can get a little hard to follow in a group watch setting at this time of night, but it's definitely a good show.
Helps that I'm so down with cyberpunk settings. And it's the middle of the afternoon here, so no issues for me personally, haha.

Holy shit body swapping tech! Amazing!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think now that I have shows like Gundam to compare exposition/plot-dumping to, this is nowhere near as bad as my teenager self made it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom