• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Fuuka is, shocker, still a bad show.

But it did give us this image.

Y1_Nmev8.png

He's definitely a Gaffer.

Somebody needs to photoshop the GAF logo in that circle behind him.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not only watching (and kinda enjoying) Fuuka, I'm also watching its 2004 prequel, Suzuka. Which while having a slightly less milquetoast protagonist it is also dead ugly.

Just watched the newest Naruto Shippuden arc (Japanese airing), and it's pretty good. It's about Shikamaru doing actual ninja stuff--infiltration and espionage. Surprisingly, there's a bunch of music apparently unique to the arc. It also had a good use of first-series Naruto music. Even the new characters are pretty decent. It does follow the spy movie formula, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I hope that Fuuka image gets some usage on here....& someone photoshops the Neogaf logo on there like mightynine suggested.

As for ARMS, I really need to try a demo first. I'm glad they're fixing the Wii Boxing "JUST FLAIL YOUR ARMS TO WIN" issue & motion controls aren't required, but I still don't know if it's up my alley, despite the positive impressions.

Also thank god, one more day until Toonami. Can't wait to celebrate cleaning up after Lego Batman, 50 Shades Darker, AND John Wick 2 in the same night with a BBQ chicken pizza. Seriously, even if it's aimed at a smaller demographic compared to other movies, you'd be surprised at how messy cleaning up after 50 Shades is.

Tenumi

Banned
...I still need to watch last week's Toonami. Also if I end up hanging out with friends again like usual tomorrow, I'll likely miss this weekend as well!

Crocodile

That bombergirl thread has made me realize just how much I actually think about what I post now compared to my teen years, which I just look back & think "GOD, I needed to learn when to shut up..."

Kind of glad I sometimes think to myself "no, this isn't worth posting", which probably has saved me from arguments, backlash, & stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm still debating Super Bomberman R since $50/$40 after prime still feels a bit expensive & Nier Automata comes out the Tuesday after. Maybe if reviews hit & are good (I heard a few impressions which were...meh), I might get it. Though honestly, I've been wanting to go back & revisit the N64 & GCN games in the series that were 3D & single player.

Learning when to pick a fight and when not to is one of those skills you naturally pick up as you age and it does wonders for your quality of life and mental health <3

EDIT: Speak of the devil I just went into that thread and saw a ToonamiGaffer got sniped. Hope it wasn't for long :/

...I still need to watch last week's Toonami. Also if I end up hanging out with friends again like usual tomorrow, I'll likely miss this weekend as well!

I mean hanging out with good friends > Toonami always so it's not something you should fret over :p

zulux21

3) He's a constant reminder of how shitty the writing is because for how important the tailed beast are to the overall lore he's the only character one to get featured at all (in canon I know the anime shows more in filler).

I know I am slow.
but I would argue Naruto and his beast are featured :p
Gara was also featured.

I know I am slow.
but I would argue Naruto and his beast are featured :p
Gara was also featured.

Yeah I didn't word that well at all lol

What I was trying to say was Killer B is the only NEW jinchuuriki introduced/featured in the second half of the series (really later 2/3ds cause of how much longer shippuden is). Naruto and Gaara were introduced within the first 30 episodes of the series. Hundreds of canon episodes later we finally get introduced to the third of the 9 of these extremely lore important characters, and the other 6 are all basically off screened/filler arc'd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Toonami reddit has been freaking the fuck out over JoJo ratings.
Clearly, the show needs to be moved to another time slot when college students aren't in school so it's not going up against a sports event/SNL & have a better chance of trending on Twitter so DeMarco can be happy with the ratings & it can beat the lead-in.

.....but seriously, for a show that was so demanded, it feels weird it's getting the ratings it's currently receiving, but then again, I wonder if more people will tune in for Part 3 due to it being the one part most American fans are aware of/got into the series.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just play Trigun or something for nostalgia and get those ratings back. You all know it to be true

cntr

Banned
I wonder if more people will tune in for Part 3 due to it being the one part most American fans are aware of/got into the series.
I'd bet a bigger factor is the dub, and people will tune into SDC based on better dub quality alone.

Edit: Man, that reddit thread is so overwrought. Didn't Demarco say the network was pleased with Jojo's ratings?

I'd bet a bigger factor is the dub, and they'll tune into SDC based on better dub quality alone.

Edit: Man, that reddit thread is so overwrought. Didn't Demarco say the network was pleased with Jojo's ratings?

Nah man. If there's one place you can trust to know what the fuck they're talking about when it comes to ratings, it's not the people who actually deal with the ratings, it's fucking reddit.

BWAHA... BWAHAHAHAHA... BINGO!

cntr

Banned
Didn't that History of Toonami video mention that the ratings for the late night block used to be around the 200,000s? Even the rerun slot does more than twice that!

I can't see any reason to panic based on ratings alone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Didn't that History of Toonami video mention that the ratings for the late night block used to be around the 200,000s? Even the rerun slot does more than twice that!

I can't see any reason to panic based on ratings alone.

Yea, the ratings for the old Adult Swim Action block were a joke. Outside of Bleach and Inuyasha no one watched it.

Considering all these acquisitions and stuff being ordered for Toonami it's in absolutely 0 danger. Hell, something like new Jack was unthinkable back when it relaunched. I think Dandy's success helped show them it's worth spending money to get new shows made specifically for the block.

EDIT: I'm still hoping for a Big O revival. Gimme that season 3 DeMarco!

cntr

Banned
I wonder what's the difference between The Big O and a show like Gundam that when the former gets confusing and philosophical, we're fine with it

cntr

Banned
what Gundam needs is the beheaded head of a schoolgirl who appears in washing machines and speaks in Japanese emoticons to come and talk about stuff

Seda

Didn't the game come out three months ago?

Realistic response: Toonami does reviews for fun as a hobby and timing depends both on when they get around to playing these games and whenever a good weekend opportunity arrives to slide it in.

Rambling response: Even smaller outlets tend to review games late because pubs like to stagger review copies/codes that way they can stagger coverage of games. What's better for visibility, 50 reviews dropping at one time, or 25 reviews showing up at embargo and 25 trickling in before and after the release?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Didn't the game come out three months ago?
How could a game for the Nintendo Switch come out already if the system isn't out yet?

Real answer: Seda answered it pretty well, & I recall that they take their time with games instead of trying to rush unless it was some sort of partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom