• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C4bZYuWWQAA-XLX.jpg

Moaradin

Wait, why would the ED be dubbed now but not for the first 5 episodes?

Wasn't ready probably. They'll have it for the Blu Rays. Not the first time they've done this either. Wasn't the One Piece openings not finished when it first switched to the Funimation dub?

There's also the DB GT opening that was replaced for the dvd release.

Wasn't ready probably. They'll have it for the Blu Rays. Not the first time they've done this either. Wasn't the One Piece openings not finished when it first switched to the Funimation dub?

The very first episode of the Funimation dub of One Piece aired with the opening dubbed in English. Same for the ending. I remember that night very well.

My room was set up so differently back then.

Crocodile

English ED O.O

That Super ED was dubbed, what.

They dubbed the ending but not the opening? Issue with the rights? Weird - especially since Super goes through a lot of endings but not many openings. Though ideally you'd want to do both. It's cool to hear they are still opening to dubbing OPs and EDs though <3

So I've been studying for the GRE because I want to start Grad School in August, and Jesus the math questions are asked in the most obtuse way possible. It's all Algebra & Geometry-level stuff, but the questions are written in the most round about way possible to trick you into screwing up.

The GREs, like most standardized tests, are such nonsense :/

The GREs, like most standardized tests, are such nonsense :/

I guess the plus side is I actually work for the university I want to get my Master's at fulltime and my bosses have more or less let me know that the GRE is pretty much a formality. I want to get a Library Science Degree and since I'm already an employee at the Library at my campus I'm not too worried about my Admissions.

i've gotta take the GRE later this year but no creative writing programs actually care about the score; they just want you to take it (and some don't require it at all)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Been playing Gravity Rush 2 since I got home and until Toonami starts and I can say it is an utterly charming game in all respects and Kat may be one of the most down to earth heroines out there. Its really good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Been playing Gravity Rush 2 since I got home and until Toonami starts and I can say it is an utterly charming game in all respects and Kat may be one of the most down to earth heroines out there. Its really good.
I'm a bit bummed that the day after I earned the platinum/did everything to do in the game (aside from Dusty Tokens, which...meh), they released the PSO2 collaboration outfit.

At the very least, I look forward to the DLC, but man, the story goes all over the place, feeling disjointed at times.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i've gotta take the GRE later this year but no creative writing programs actually care about the score; they just want you to take it (and some don't require it at all)

Those programs are all about having a strong writing sample, if you have that you can get in no problem. I want to go to one, but I decided to get published a few more times first and maybe start a book. I've heard they're great if you already have a project you're working on and want help finishing it up/making publishing connections to get it out there.

Seda

When I took the GRE, apparently I had a great writing score even though, going into STEM, I didn't even need that section at all, hah.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm a bit bummed that the day after I earned the platinum/did everything to do in the game (aside from Dusty Tokens, which...meh), they released the PSO2 collaboration outfit.

At the very least, I look forward to the DLC, but man, the story goes all over the place, feeling disjointed at times.

Sounds like the first games story but I actually liked that about it because the game was constantly going to some new and even stranger place.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

It was pretty good.
I saw a few episodes, & it seemed kind of hit or miss, but in comparison to other Adult Swim shows, it was at least tolerable & actually had some good moments.

Heck, one of these days, I might just check out the video game Capcom did, considering it seems like a perfect match, a show about an attorney made by the company who made Ace Attorney.

cntr

Banned
The plot of the show revolves around five male superheroes, each of whom is based on a racial or ethnic stereotype, who join forces to fight against a bunch of villains who are mostly discriminatory concepts.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think it's well-established that Mike Lazzo is a piece of shit. Refusing Metalocalypse, disavowing Space Ghost C2C, and allowing soooooo much crap on air.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think it's well-established that Mike Lazzo is a piece of shit. Refusing Metalocalypse, disavowing Space Ghost C2C, and allowing soooooo much crap on air.

Yet somehow it is Comedy Central that has had the worst line up of Adult Animated programming on the whole.

Moaradin

I watched a lot of Drawn Together. It's most likely a terrible show but I was like 13 when that came out and was definitely the target audience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I watched a lot of Drawn Together. It's most likely a terrible show but I was like 13 when that came out and was definitely the target audience.
so you were....drawn to the show.

....yeah, I remember seeing commercials for that, but something didn't click with me to watch it, possibly that it was because I wanted to stick with Simpsons.

cntr

Banned
I don't know how many shows I watched as a kid were actually good

like "Ah! Real Monsters!", was that good or not? I remember it being good, but I don't know if it actually was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom