• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"earthnoid" and "spacenoid" are the Gundam terms for earthlings and spacers. it probably sounds better in Japanese.
Ironically as a consequence of this, G Gundam has the most coherent and consistent political stance of any Gundam show
It's the only show even remotely close to having 100% rational actors.

Also fuck Riddhe.

ckohler

You know, Gundam Unicorn is about as fun as sitting through a church sermon.
yam3.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
at least IBO gave me SOMETHING to comment on most of the time.

I feel like I don't have any reactions aside from "meeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So apparently Unicorn actually started as a series of novels, then got adapted into 7 OVAs which were split into this show.

See there's a thing called the "adaptation process" that slims down slower parts of books

Moaradin

This is probably the least invested in a Toonami show I've ever been. At least with notoriously bad shows like SAO or AGK, I get some sort of entertainment out of it. I just sit here with a blank face while I watch this show. It's not bad enough to get any sort of reaction out of me, but it's not engaging at all either.

at least IBO gave me SOMETHING to comment on most of the time.

I feel like I don't have any reactions aside from "meeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh"

That's how I felt from IBO compared to this. The music, when it pops out from the background, was gotten my ear's attention and, then, the story and dialogue happen and it gets harder to pay attention...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is probably the least invested in a Toonami show I've ever been. At least with notoriously bad shows like SAO or AGK, I get some sort of entertainment out of it. I just sit here with a blank face while I watch this show. It's not bad enough to get any sort of reaction out of me, but it's not engaging at all either.

Exactly. I'm not angry, I'm just bored and disinterested.

It's a shame because the animation is so good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel the exact same way. A bad show can still be entertaining & lead to hilarious reactions, but a boring show offers nothing to comment on.

I think the last time I felt so uninterested was most of Blue Exorcist, but even that had its moments like the slice of life episodes & the final episodes of how off-the-wall it got.

I get the feeling Unicorn will end up being the least interesting show on Toonami this year. Maybe even the worst given how static the schedule is this year.

Exactly. I'm not angry, I'm just bored and disinterested.

It's a shame because the animation is so good.

Also this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Presentation wise, it's rather good. The music from the last episode (especially during the fight near the end) was great.

But it feels like it's all going to waste when it's being used on this.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I tell you what I do actively dislike.

I don't like that every dude she meets is apparently willing to drop their entire life to go help Audrey after they talk to her for like two minutes.

Korigama

Unicorn is a great-looking show with a nice soundtrack too, but I'd be lying if I said I had any idea where it's going or much investment in it.
I tell you what I do actively dislike.

I don't like that every dude she meets is apparently willing to drop their entire life to go help Audrey after they talk to her for like two minutes.
This, too. Was kind of hoping that Micott would go through with calling it in.

cntr

Banned
also fwiw, I'm more forgiving of IBO because it was written as a one-season show, but Sunrise forced it to become two seasons at basically the last minute, 'cause money.

that's why the Brewer and Dort arcs are so boring and unimportant, it was basically filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom