• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Naruto idea of subtly:

subtly-o.gif

both the character and the show

I do like how Naruto is smart enough to realize something is up, but it does raise the question of why he left her there in the first place.

"Hey, this village seems shitty. Come with me."

"Okay."

cntr

Banned
I mean, I've read series that made me care about characters in a handful of chapters. You don't need an entire arc to make them interesting characters.

Heck, even Naruto managed to make Killer Bee an interesting character in one episode, though it still had to resort to gimmicks to pull that off

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean, the main complaint from people about naruto is the bloat and how it should have ended sooner, we really dont need to know about 7 other people before we actually moved along with the story, we got the jinchuuriki experience with gaara, naruto, and now killer bee, we learned that they are usually outcasted and and that they're hard to control, and that they can be mastered, and that you can overcome the stigma potentially, in all 3 of these characters, all the other jincuuriki's backstory are all mostly that in varying degrees

The issue with the bloat is at the very end of the story. The last arc took like 5 or 6 years, prior to that it was moving along way too fast if anything. Take three of those years to build Naruto and Sauske's relationship prior to the timeskip, give other characters a bit of limelight and more character moments for the whole cast in part 2, build up the other jinchuuriki a bit, and I doubt people would complain as much about bloat.

The issue with Naruto is the story focused on all the wrong things for most of it's run. When it actually focuses on the right things it's a good story.

cntr

Banned
there's a point where Naruto felt it was meant to end, and then it continues for 6 years, and it all feels like pointless naff

that's what people mean by the story being bloated

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
last time

brook was sad that luffy destroyed the iceburg that he was gonna use to make the greatest tasting shaved ice

also, skeletons don't have tear ducts to produce water

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
there's a point where Naruto felt it was meant to end, and then it continues for 6 years, and it all feels like pointless naff

that's what people mean by the story being bloated

I'd argue there's a certain point where we needed another timeskip and a bit of character focused story to slow everything down and reset. Instead the pedal hit the floor and the story accelerated needlessly for years. Shockingly that bloated part also felt massively sped through. It was a problem that proper planning could have solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom