• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me right now looking at the Nintendo Minute Switch unboxing.

YrMqj7i.jpg

I can't wait to break you, Switch.

I'm not sure how the writers of Zeta Gundam feel about Char's obvious disguise

like, sometimes they seem super aware of it being ridiculous

but on the other hand he says shit like "HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS ONE GUY NAMED CHAR AZNABLE? I JUST LIKE TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT GUYS I KNOW SUCH AS CHAR AZNABLE" and everyone goes along with it

I'm not sure how the writers of Zeta Gundam feel about Char's obvious disguise

like, sometimes they seem super aware of it being ridiculous

but on the other hand he says shit like "HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS ONE GUY NAMED CHAR AZNABLE? I JUST LIKE TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT GUYS I KNOW SUCH AS CHAR AZNABLE" and everyone goes along with it
"Quattro, he is a Char..."

Crocodile

Hell Shippuden of all shows did better than Gundam!

Gundam dragging the block down? Natural ratings variation? Something on another channel competed with Gundam this past weekend?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
the specific ratings aren't too important but I hope that this pushes HxH up to after Jojo
If we got HxH after Jojo, I honestly would probably drop Gundam since it would mean a straight hour of free time before One Piece & GitS.

Not to mention we wouldn't lose the momentum from Jojo when watching HxH.

Also fuuuuuuuuck the fact Master Editions of Zelda got cancelled on Amazon....at the very least, I nabbed a 200GB Micro SD for $65 after the BIGTHANKS promo before it shot up to $92.

Hell Shippuden of all shows did better than Gundam!

Gundam dragging the block down? Natural ratings variation? Something on another channel competed with Gundam this past weekend?
Too many viewers of Toonami are weighed down by earths gravity. They will see the tears of time.

Josh5890

Also fuuuuuuuuck the fact Master Editions of Zelda got cancelled on Amazon....at the very least, I nabbed a 200GB Micro SD for $65 after the BIGTHANKS promo before it shot up to $92.

I only pre-ordered the Special edition, but I feel for those who lost their pre-orders.

cntr

Banned
Probably better, since SDC is more episodic and will have a better dub. SDC is also a really good group watch show, maybe even better than PB and BT!

I wonder, when we get to Stardust Crusaders, and the show arguably gets more shoneny, will it do better or worse ratings wise?

It's more or less the signature arc of the series so I expect it to do a little better but not massively different overall. Ratings have been down YoY overall, so I don't expect any one show to cause a massive shift upsurge. Like, people will definitely check in when AOT2 and OP2 are inevitably aired, but I kinda see what the block has been pulling in recently to be the new standard.

Off-Topic is making me depressed, so I'm just gonna hang in here.

Looking at the ratings, I think pushing HxH back to 1:30 was a bad move. It should be right before or after JoJo.

Morlas

Left out an M, I meant One Punch Man Season 2. lol

TV ratings as a whole have also been on a steady decline. I think that's the main reason DeMarco sticks to his "ratings aren't an issue" stance.

I think we're gonna hit a point of "for the fans" projects being funded through things like patreon and kickstarter and sub services on the internet soon enough. I mean there are a lot of great creators out there that I would gladly donate to to make their vision come true, such as genndy and the Megas team.

Josh5890

I think we're gonna hit a point of "for the fans" projects being funded through things like patreon and kickstarter and sub services on the internet soon enough. I mean there are a lot of great creators out there that I would gladly donate to to make their vision come true, such as genndy and the Megas team.

When the cable balloon has burst, although I would argue that it has already started given the growing number of cable cutters, it will be interesting to see what happens to the infinite number of cable TV channels. There will no doubt be a major restructuring within the industry..Patreon, Kickstarter, ect may become the standard in the not too distant future.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder, when we get to Stardust Crusaders, and the show arguably gets more shoneny, will it do better or worse ratings wise?
Probably better since it's the one that introduced the series to Americans in the first place & is what kickstarted the power structure for the rest of the series.

Plus the dub will be better since no accents & Viz is doing it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If we got HxH after Jojo, I honestly would probably drop Gundam since it would mean a straight hour of free time before One Piece & GitS.

Not to mention we wouldn't lose the momentum from Jojo when watching HxH.

Weirdly I happened to cancel my Master Edition preorder earlier tonight anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom