• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

JZ9qtQk.jpg

cntr

Banned
I guess, but almost everything bad that happens in Naruto from now on really does trace back to this monologue. It's awful.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I dunno if you guys overhyped how bad this episode is or what, but that was pretty standard Shippuden shit. It was dumb but not "this is the worst thing in Naruto EVAR" material.

1) They were more thinking of next week's episode. You may notice people get the week wrong a lot when they get into the hyperbole.

2) It's not so much terrible because it's a terrible episode in and of itself but rather because of its overall impact to the series as a whole.

I mean, to be fair even in the beginning there was clues that something else was going on with the Uchihas. In the flashbacks during the battle at Final Valley Itachi's dad mentions a meeting that Itachi should have been there for. Kishimoto was definitely hinting at something else happening there. I'm not saying it's an Oda level of planning but Itachi killing his entire clan out of nowhere was never not suspect.

All I said was that it was a funny sentiment.

Raxus

I guess, but almost everything bad that happens in Naruto from now on really does trace back to this monologue. It's awful.

It should be noted from here on out the last two good arcs in Shippuden are arcs with Sasuke written off and it is pretty telling.

Chase17

I binged through the manga so I can't speak for the show but I don't think things to get to unacceptable quality until the last arc (which is like a third of the series, so that's not a good look). The sasuke stuff gets pretty bad once he leaves (save for one hilarious moment that almost makes it worth it), but I'd say the naruto "side" is solid enough through pain.

One piece time.

Moaradin

I honestly don't get why you would start at the beginning of the song if you were just gonna do an awkward cut like that. Just start at the second verse or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom