• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
fC6ISNG.gif

Ray Down

Banned
Okay Film Gold review, to put it short I recommend it, pure entertainment. Strong World was adventure, Z was drama for blacklegs mama and Gold is entertainment. Its the most Strawhatty One Piece film if you get what I'm saying

Animation: Obviously the best looking thing to come out of the anime, its really nice and I like the differences in art style with the last three movies the strawhats all look nice in there outfits through out the movie the best looking are Usopp and Nami. The use of gold is really good use of a color that doesn't get much use normally and this movies has the best Toei 3D models so far so there steadily improving there.

Soundtrack: Best One in the movies, while not Tanaka the new guys music fits from the vegas style opening music, to the setup music when there coming up with the heist and the final get pumped music.

Characters:
Luffy: Colleen still good as Luffy and is one of the three major strawhats in the movie and he does his role well.

Zoro: For once he is the damsel, he really doesn't do much in the film other then fight and get his shit pushed in by Tessro, but its kinda refreshing Zoro not being one of the major characters for once in these movies.

Nami: She the other major character in the strawhats in the movie, She and Carina are the ones that really come up with the plan to take down Tessero.

Usopp: Gets one of the best fights in the film in how he beats Barbcat.

Sanji: Along with Zoro doesn't get much besides his fights and dressing as a maidor whatever but its kinda refreshing.

Chopper: Not much but this is like all the movies.

Franky: The third strawhat in the movie and this is the most he does in any of the movies with helping luffy break in and very thing, plus some of his reactions.

Brook: About the same as previous movies but he gets the two best laughs in the film.

Sbao; Vic so far sounds fine need to her more.

Koala: Same with Sabo.

Lucci and Spandam: Kinda pointless but it fits the cameos like Garp in Z though I loled when Luffy didn't recognize Span.

Dice: He was funny with his gag about liking pain, should go meet Pudding.

Barbcat: Out of tessero henchmen she is the best her english voice is good and her power is entertaining.

Big head Guy: just reminded me of Blueno, just meh.

Carina: Was fine probably would have helped more if I saw the filler.

Tessero: Probably the same level with Z as a villain, he has a good voice thats effective, a fruit he uses well, tragic backstory thats works (I read the preview stuff with him should have been added to the movie and he works in his role.

Over all it gets a 8/10

Only real problem for me is its just the typical anime film story really.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some damn reason, I was thinking who would be in a School Days dub.

....& my first thought for Makoto was Johnny Yong Bosch in his creeper mode (see: SAO2).

Crocodile

.......I see Weekday Toonami-GAF is in full effect LOL

As an aside:

"We are unbeatable because we have families that love us!"

That is a real line from the International ending of Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters.

*MAXIMUM CRINGE* >_<

They do sometimes. That one song you linked is indeed in the game and DR3.

Also Ranma is best girl.
Are they overall good? I've only played the first two Danganronpa games so I know the overall stories...don't remember the death order anymore though. I don't put Ranma in the waifu class...yet oddly I have
Neferipitou
from HxH in my waifu binder for some reason.

So am I the only one here not really bothered by the greenish tint and grainy picture that Buu Kai has? Barely even noticed it while I was catching up on the first episode.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, I didn't really notice it either. It's a bit dumb that it's there, but I can see why they didn't spend the budget to fix it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My friend was suppose to be coming over to watch the Switch reveal with me, but haven't heard back.

....though if that March 17th date is true, that's kind of going to suck considering that's the week after Nier Automata comes out & I'm VERY tempted by the LE, but most likely can't afford both that & the Switch.

bigkrev

My friend was suppose to be coming over to watch the Switch reveal with me, but haven't heard back.

....though if that March 17th date is true, that's kind of going to suck considering that's the week after Nier Automata comes out & I'm VERY tempted by the LE, but most likely can't afford both that & the Switch.

Don't worry Nintendo only will make 70 Switches for your entire state. You won't have a decision to make

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hoping for $250 for the SKU that's suppose to have more storage + a free game, but I'm also playing it safe & expecting $300 for that one.

Plz just have actual storage this time or at the very least, use SD cards which aren't as expensive to buy bigger storage of.

Edit: Um, okay? So Amazon released a new section of their video service called "Anime Strike" which is suppose to focus on "serious anime, from seinen classics to exclusives from Japan".

....such serious titles such as Girls Und Panzer, Blue Exorcist, Shin Chan, Soul Eater, High School of the Dead, Ouran Host Club, and the most serious of all.........

....Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.

& also it's not included with your Prime account and costs $5/mo....though that's not too bad, I guess.

i may be biased from a financial standpoint since I'm canceling Prime because my student discount is up, but an extra $5 for some random-ass anime on top of that is nonsense

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i may be biased from a financial standpoint since I'm canceling Prime because my student discount is up, but an extra $5 for some random-ass anime on top of that is nonsense

Agreed. It should come standard or as a stand alone. Having to pay for Prime and then this is madness. Why should I pay another $60 a year on top of the $90 or so Prime costs to get all the shows and stuff I was promised?

Chase17

Just saw the Amazon/anime thing. I get not wanting to add even more to prime, but I don't see anyone biting at the price point they set.

bigkrev

As someone who GLADLY pays $100 a year for Prime just for shipping, I'm constantly amazed at the random free shit I get with the membership. I enjoy having a free psuedo-spotify on my phone, I like that I no longer get ads on Twitch thanks to Turbo, I like that most of the time I hear about a small book on a topic i'd be interested in, I can "rent" it for free from the Kindle Prime Lenders Library, and for a time, I enjoyed having the HD Star Trek TNG on video streaming.

The fact that they finally come out looking for money for fucking ANIME, something that is second only to music in the "fans willing to pirate" category, is insane to me, and I hope no one supports them.

That said, how the hell do people live without Amazon Prime? They basically teleport stuff to me and I don't even live in a city!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Honestly, the only reason I stick with Prime is the 20% discount for games, which is basically saving me $10ish per game at launch & saves me a trip into town (even if I live a few minutes from GS now). The 2 day shipping is a bonus for when I order something not a game.

The stuff I'd want to watch on Amazon Video costs money, I don't use the music service, & I don't have a Kindle because I want physical books.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm so used to the 20% discounts, it's hard to want to pre-order games or LEs not available on Amazon, like that $190 Nier Automata LE, which I don't know if I should wait & see if S-E discounts later on or get it now to not risk it being sold out.

Though when there are LEs on Amazon, that discount sure is nice. Getting $14 off the Sonic Mania LE and & $16 off the Tokyo Mirage Sessions LE were great deals.

Honestly, the only reason I stick with Prime is the 20% discount for games, which is basically saving me $10ish per game at launch & saves me a trip into town (even if I live a few minutes from GS now). The 2 day shipping is a bonus for when I order something not a game.

The stuff I'd want to watch on Amazon Video costs money, I don't use the music service, & I don't have a Kindle because I want physical books.

I'm okay with Amazon's video offerings I guess, but in a way I'm only okay with them as a complement to the service itself, the other parts of which I don't have a ton of use for? I know that doesn't make sense. I've got Spotify, I work at a library and thus can pretty much check things out until they hunt me down because I get my fines waived as an employee (normally I just have things a couple days overdue but still) and I tend to read older stuff anyway, and the shipping is cool but I don't have the most disposable income at the moment since my library job is part time and I'm just starting out as a substitute teacher. The idea that I have access to all this stuff if I so choose to use it even though I in fact do not use it makes the sparse video offerings okay, but at that point it also makes the whole thing pretty easy to drop if I don't feel I need it. It doesn't help that all their apps for the video service are fucking terrible as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom