• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm in Grad School, I got myself a Prime Member, but I'll probably wait and see what else they add to their service. Like, it'd be awesome if they could broker a deal with say Aniplex and Viz and get some of their anime.

If amazon worked out a deal with CR, Funimation, Viz, Aniplex, Sentai, Netflix, etc so that the extra $5 got you access to EVERYONE's content day 1 with Japan subbed (and in certain cases simuldubbed) that more power to it. As it stands Amazon maybe has 1 anime a year I'm interested in watching I'm not paying $5 to watch 1 series regardless of it's quality.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If it was a part of Prime, I'd feel more excited, but why pay for a random selection of anime when Crunchyroll has WAY more for only $2 more per month & is more up to date.

I'd rather pay for just one service than have to deal with paying for multiple ones, then trying to figure out which one has which shows.

I also find it baffling that this is the first thing they try to make you pay extra for on top of Prime, I would have figured the twitch prime with all the shit you get would make far more sense to have a small added cost to it.

bigkrev

If you guys are just using Amazon for the 20% games, you should get Best Buy GCU. You get decent rewards with their credit card, can do in-store pickup or free shipping, and their discount works at any time, not just the first 2 weeks of release

I also find it baffling that this is the first thing they try to make you pay extra for on top of Prime, I would have figured the twitch prime with all the shit you get would make far more sense to have a small added cost to it.

Not exactly the first thing. You can get HBO, Showtime, Starz, ect through Amazon prime for an added charge

While I appreciate competition in the marketplace, companies really need to figure this shit out when it comes to uppercase Services because they require a level of dedication that is fundamentally different from just having options when you look at the store shelves and it consequently makes me pretty much immediately hostile to the mere suggestion that I need another one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have GCU as well, but the problem is, I don't have a BB near me, especially since the closest one, 30 minutes away, closed down almost 2 years ago. & I just use Amazon's credit card to get an extra 5% back on my purchases in combination with the 20% discounts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Time to purify my heathen soul in the fires of Swagamoto.
tumblr_oieixgmICk1uvj1vio1_500.gif

Sakamoto is "Cool, Coola, Coolesto!" Dis OP. IMMA JUST GONNA CATCH DIS ERASER IN MIDAIR...AND JOJO POSE!!! Yare yare daze I pee carrying an umbrella. Look at this swag ass mofo using the window sill as a desk.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Told you that dude would fit right into Jojo.

I think my only gripe with the series is they overuse one song when he does something cool WAAAAAY too many times. It kind of wears out its welcome by the halfway point in the series & wish they had other music.

"I think I'll make this my wallpaper." I can't...this show's killing me. Too bad the dub for this will be shit. Just saw the bird rescue scene, I think this show officially works off of Araki logic.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If amazon worked out a deal with CR, Funimation, Viz, Aniplex, Sentai, Netflix, etc so that the extra $5 got you access to EVERYONE's content day 1 with Japan subbed (and in certain cases simuldubbed) that more power to it. As it stands Amazon maybe has 1 anime a year I'm interested in watching I'm not paying $5 to watch 1 series regardless of it's quality.

I'd be down to pay for something like that on top of Prime, but they way they have it now makes no sense to me from a consumer standpoint. This is something that people used to get their hands on illegally, and it wasn't that long ago when it was happening either. Just makes no sense to do it this way, unless the $5 a month is for a standalone service and it's included free with Prime.

Jarate

Banned
Something ive learned now is to never buy the initial production run of a games console. Im probably going to wait for the switch most likely, but what do I know, the hype might be 2 stronk

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Something ive learned now is to never buy the initial production run of a games console. Im probably going to wait for the switch most likely, but what do I know, the hype might be 2 stronk
That's what my friend is gonna do. Personally, I'm wondering if Nintendo will actually do a redesign since when you look at their console history, only the NES got a huge redesign (that top loader model), SNES got a slightly smaller version, N64 got a bunch of colors, GCN just got the component cable slot removed, Wii had that....Mini version which was released so late in the system's life, & Wii U got none.

But in comparison, their handhelds always get at least 2 revisions, so I can't help but wonder if they'll make a Switch that's specifically for on the go or one that has a different size screen + dock.

I swear Sakamoto is a ripple user. Taking down people by blowing in their ear with a straw, using syrup as a weapon.
Kubota uses pocket sand, it's highly effective.
TpHkT.gif

Jarate

Banned
My ps4 shat out discs every once in a while, and my wii u doesnt have enough storage space to hold the Smash Wii U update.

Im not going through that again.

I don't even play Nintendo games anymore. I had a Wii and Wii U and they had the least amount of games on them. Starfox ain't important to Nintendo, Metroid is dead, F-Zero is dead and I only really like Zelda, so I'm pretty much in the not hyped train.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
People freaking over the price.
Granted, these people would never be satisfied even if it was $200-250.

Still getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom