• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, we gotta choose between a worse ending between Akame ga Kill and Dimens.....actually, no, Dimension W flat-out wins Worst Ending & Worst Show

..........wait, Parasyte started at Episode 10 this year? Damn, I completely forgot, I thought it was just the rerun slot.

.............maybe that wins worst ending......

I'm redoing my nominations:

Worst Moment:
All the bullshit in Akame's fight with Esdeath. - Akame Ga Kill

Best Moment:
Jiraiya's farewell - Naruto: Shippuden
Jonathan's farewell - JJBA: Phantom Blood
Mumen's stand against Deep Sea King - One Punch Man

Best Fight:
Jonathan vs. Vampire Dio (Mansion) - JJBA: Phantom Blood
Jiraiya vs. Pain - Naruto: Shippuden
Saitama vs. Boros - One Punch Man

Best Villian:
Hisoka - Hunter x Hunter
Dio - JJBA: Phantom Blood
Speed O Sound Sonic - One Punch Man

Worst Character:
Esdeath - Akame Ga Kill

Best Character:
Saitama - One Punch Man
Dio - JJBA: Phantom Blood
Jin - Samurai Champloo

Biggest Disappointment:
Intruder 3

Best Surprise:
Phantom Blood being better than expected.

Most Wanted New Show
Mob Psycho 100
Lupin the 3rd Part IV

Best Performance by a Voice Actor:
Patrick Seitz (Dio) - JJBA: Phantom Blood
Keith Silvertein (Hisoka) - Hunter x Hunter
Chris Guerrero (Gekko Moriah) - One Piece

Best Performance by a Voice Actress:
Cristina Valenzuela (Killua) - Hunter x Hunter
Erica Mendez (Gon) - Hunter x Hunter
Kari Wahlgren (Fuu) - Samurai Champloo

Best Opening Theme: Battlecry (Samurai Champloo)
Best Ending Theme: Orphans no Namida (MSG: Iron Blooded Orphans)
Best Soundtrack: Samurai Champloo
Worst Looking Show: Shippuden
Best Looking Show: One Punch Man
Worst Ending: Akame Ga Kill
Best Ending: Samurai Champloo
Best Cast: Hunter x Hunter
Best Dub: Samurai Champloo
Worst Show of the Year: Akame Ga Kill
Best Show of the Year: Samurai Champloo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When was that established as a rule? :D

For that matter, you're missing Kill la Kill's OPs and EDs, too.
Kill la Kill was the rerun slot, wasn't it? Reruns don't count.

Quick scrambled to send in my nominations. Couldn't think of 3 for some of them, but I'm content. Edit: Based on what I've heard from the podcasts, I'm guessing Shippuden has some stuff that could be nominated (i.e. worst looking), but I don't watch it so meh.

Best OP:

- One Punch Man
- Samurai Champloo
- Jojo

Best ED:

- Jojo
- Samurai Champloo
- IBO (ED 1)

Best Promo:

- Jojo

Best Soundtrack

- Samurai Champloo

Worst Looking Show:

- DBZ Kai

Best Looking Show:

- One Punch Man

Worst Ending:

- Dimension W
- Parasyte

Best Ending:

- Jojo
- One Punch Man

Best Cast:

- One Punch Man
- Samurai Champloo

Best Dub:

- One Punch Man
- Samurai Champloo
- Jojo: Phantom Blood

Worst Show:

- Dimension W
- Akame ga Kill

Best Show:

- One Punch Man
- Jojo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, I probably should've added HxH for best soundtrack, but honestly, Champloo is the only anime (aside from Jojo Part 2 & 3, maybe 4) where I actually have music on my phone from the show.

I'm hardpressed to think of another anime (maybe aside from a few tunes from OPM & some from Jojo, just not Part 1) where I actually noticed the music & went "holy crap, I want to listen to this again & add it to my collection"

I'd rather have Mob Psycho 100 on Toonami before MHA.
If I had to choose, I'd gladly take MP100 over MHA, but I still wouldn't mind it appearing, especially now that I've heard Sabat's All Might & how he fits the role rather well.

cntr

Banned
I'm almost as big of a fanboy of MHA as I am of Jojo, so of course I'm all for it. With Season 2 though!

With My Hero Academia, i'd prefer to wait until the second season has aired and been dubbed before it gets picked up.
S1's dub came out only a few weeks after the original airing, I'm assuming the same's going to happen with S2.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Best Opening Theme

JoJo ~Sono Chi no Sadame~
Battlecry
Raise your flag

Best Ending Theme

Roundabout
Shiki no Uta
Orphans no Namida

Best Promo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Promo
Dreams 2016 Speech
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans Promo

Best Soundtrack

Samurai Champloo

Worst Looking Show

Naruto Shippuden
Dragon Ball Z Kai

Best Looking Show

One Punch Man

Worst Ending

Akame ga Kill!

Best Ending

Samurai Champloo

Best Cast

One Piece
Hunter X Hunter
Samurai Champloo

Best Dub

One Piece
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
One Punch Man

Worst Show of the Year

Akame ga Kill!
Naruto Shippuden
Dimension W

Best Show of the Year

Samurai Champloo
One Punch Man
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

EDIT: Decided to make a slight tweak to my best cast picks.

So I'm nearing the end of Assassination Classroom.

The Paintball match was really cool. I liked how despite the disagreement, the classmates were cool with each other regardless of what the final result would be. Nagisa and Karma's fight was pretty cool.

Nagisa and Karma
going to space
was dumb though.

bigkrev

So I'm nearing the end of Assassination Classroom.

The Paintball match was really cool. I liked how despite the disagreement, the classmates were cool with each other regardless of what the final result would be. Nagisa and Karma's fight was pretty cool.

Nagisa and Karma
going to space
was dumb though.

I loved this show and the dub, except for the fact that gendered pronouns exist in the english language so Nagisa being a guy isn't as much of a running joke/surprise

I loved this show and the dub, except for the fact that gendered pronouns exist in the english language so Nagisa being a guy isn't as much of a running joke/surprise

At first, I thought Nagisa was going to be revealed as being Trans. Almost makes me wonder if the writer considered it at one point given how his mom's character turned out.

Neoxon

It does.

That said, while it's not an ugly show, we should probably wait for the blu-rays.
Fair enough, nothing's wrong with a little touching-up in a few places.

But yeah, there's a dub for the show (done by Funimation). Of course, there's also Mob Psycho 100 (duh) & My Hero Academia that Toonami should bring to the block.

Jarate

Banned
My Hero Academia is weird though, I think basically everyone assumed it would happen, and it just never did.

Maybe there's a weird exclusivity clause with MHA to keep it on Funis streaming service.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's not enough meat on the bones of MHA to even bother airing it.

Come back when there's fifty episodes.

Neoxon

S1 definitely isn't enough, but again, S1 + S2 would be fine.
Yeah, I could see Toonami wanting to wait for My Hero Academia Season 2 to get dubbed before pulling the trigger. Drifters, as you guys mentioned, should be saved for once the Blu-Ray release drops. That said, Mob Psycho 100 seems ready to go for Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's got a weekly runner pacing on a 13 episode show. It's pretty good and all but man not what the show needed.

cntr

Banned
It's got a weekly runner pacing on a 13 episode show. It's pretty good and all but man not what the show needed.
Man, no need to tell me. If season 1 had aired on Toonami, that easily would've been my greatest disappointment nomination.

Yeah, it felt like once the momentum really got going, the season was already over. I do definitely prefer the seasonal format for adaptations over keeping the show running though. Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece all suffered because of the latter.

BBboy20

C1c9WvlUsAAAz-o.jpg:large

More Assassination Classroom:

Nagisa and Karma getting chewed out by their teammates for forgetting to double tap was hilarious. This is a pretty funny series.

cntr

Banned
oh yeah that reminds me

Unicorn does have more action than IBO, but uh, the first episode probably won't. The first episode of the OVA ended with action, but that was cut up into multiple TV episodes...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They somehow made a Kouta Hirano series boring? Oh right, the original Hellsing anime by Gonzo was boring too...

I think they need to stop adapting his work until it's complete or near completion. That way they can make something entertaining.

Guess we'll see him in 2018. Or 2019?

Hahahaha, not until like 2023 or 2024. He's playing adult Sabo. Kid Sabo got cast a while ago.

Moaradin

Cool, any idea if Viz is bring over the ones Oda or Kishi did?

In spoilers news Vic Mignogna finally got his OP role
he is voicing Sabo so get ready to hear him in 2023 or something.

That's definitely a great role for him. Awesome. I'm guessing the casting is from Film Gold, since the anime is pretty far from that point still.

Cool, any idea if Viz is bring over the ones Oda or Kishi did?

In spoilers news Vic Mignogna finally got his OP role
he is voicing Sabo so get ready to hear him in 2023 or something.

So Luffy's
foster brothers
were Roy Mustang and Edward Elric respectively. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's definitely a great role for him. Awesome. I'm guessing the casting is from Film Gold, since the anime is pretty far from that point still.

They dubbed around 100 episodes in 2016 so he'll be dubbed in 2018 if the pace holds. In fact if the pace holds they'll be caught up by 2020.

TOONAMI airs roughly the same amount of One Piece Japan does in a year...so they'll never catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom