• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too lazy to update my rankings. All I know is Hunting For Your Dream is best ED.

3E5VVz.gif

Moaradin

Roundabout has the advantage of Toonami playing it in full. The edit of Hunting For Your Dream cuts off before the best part...

Still GOAT though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
3D version?

Also you gotta understand that those ports weren't done by SEGA but by 2 fans with a custom engine and SEGA's full permission to finish where they left off years and years ago.

Those same 2 fans are heading Sonic Mania.
3D Classics version on 3DS. My point was that those ports actually had some new content that appeals to fans compared to "here's another port with nothing new but with touch controls."

I'm trying to debate if Parasyte or Dimension W had the worse ending. Though personally, if Parasyte got worst ending & DW worst show, I'd be content with that.

uh....
Edward Elric is romi park and has never voiced a character in dragon ball o_O
and mustang is either Shinichiro miki (brotherhood) who has only voiced Zamasu in dragon ball super or Tooru Ookawa (original) who hasn't voiced anyone in dragonball o_O

I mean luffy = krillin at least. (and Yajirobe which just sounds super wrong lol and baba) but I don't get where you are coming from for anything else in your statement o_O

I didn't mean the VAs for FMA. Comparing One Piece to Dragon Ball Japanese voice actors, it's
Luffy=Krillin, Sabo =Yamcha, and Ace=Piccolo

Seda

And I recently posted how this thread is usually good with spoilers. I think I got the two unmarked ones on the page. They weren't super duper major spoilers but still more than just common knowledge or whatnot.

I could ban for these you know.

zulux21

DBZ Super is tomorrow. So glad I waited. I almost gave in to the lure of granny goku.

to be fair granny goku is far less appalling when you have her speaking to the emotionless king kai @_@

still don't like japanese goku, but at least she still sounds like japanese goku.... king kai's voice actor should be retired and he should have been recasted @_@ it was so off putting watching king kai bounce around in anger on screen while his voice was still the same as it was earlier when he was merely speaking to goku.

3D Classics version on 3DS. My point was that those ports actually had some new content that appeals to fans compared to "here's another port with nothing new but with touch controls."

You mean the 2 ports done by M2 for the 3DS? yeah, those were just straight up Genesis ports with nifty filters, M2 didn't really do anything new with them ('cept add the spindash to Sonic 1, but SEGA has been doing that since Sonic Jam).

Yeah I got your point, those mobile Sonic ports are pretty much the fan voted definitive ones and outrank the originals now and fans have been asking for those mobile remakes to be given the console treatment (only CD has been but its a port (PC) of a port (XB360) of a remake, which is weird because the Retro engine can support PC but alas). hopefully SEGA (of both regions) listens. Sonic 3 though is another story, a sad one albeit.

to be fair granny goku is far less appalling when you have her speaking to the emotionless king kai @_@

still don't like japanese goku, but at least she still sounds like japanese goku.... king kai's voice actor should be retired and he should have been recasted @_@ it was so off putting watching king kai bounce around in anger on screen while his voice was still the same as it was earlier when he was merely speaking to goku.

Didn't King Kai's original retire after that because he can't preform anymore due to illness?

zulux21

Didn't King Kai's original retire after that because he can't preform anymore due to illness?

maybe... I stopped paying attention to the narrator as it was him (though hunter x hunter minor
conditioned me to ignore all narrators
>.>)

I'm just looking forward to seeing more of Beerus ans Whis in Super. That's what I've been waiting for.

spoiler...
you have 26 weeks to wait before you see anything new :p
(i think this is fairly common knowledge but still :p

munchie64

And I recently posted how this thread is usually good with spoilers. I think I got the two unmarked ones on the page. They weren't super duper major spoilers but still more than just common knowledge or whatnot.

I could ban for these you know.
lol my bad. Should pay attention to whole conversations, not just what I'm replying to.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ARE YOU GUYS GONNA AIR THE SUBBED VERSION OF SUPER

It'll be interesting to see what questions they chose to answer, I feel like for the most part, they've already answered everything they're allowed to officially say aside from the newest version of "what're the most requested shows?"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ARE YOU GUYS GONNA AIR THE SUBBED VERSION OF SUPER

It'll be interesting to see what questions they chose to answer, I feel like for the most part, they've already answered everything they're allowed to officially say aside from the newest version of "what're the most requested shows?"

Having an updated list of requested shows is always good since those tend to actually hit Toonami.

Line_HTX

I am also one of those going in blind. Normally I don't like to ask this, but I hope no one decides to nudge or wink something Chapter whichever. I don't care if the author has a certain style or whatever twist there is, if I was on the other side, I would never be tempted to hint at stuff.

Seda

Just curious, what were the spoilers that got you guys all twisted up?

If you are talking about the posts earlier on the page, they were One Piece things. I'll keep these spoilers vague, but tagged. (I haven't seen One Piece so I'm not even sure how significant these are, but they are things that haven't happened yet in the English broadcast.)

1.) A yet to be revealed character and their connection to one of the Straw Hats.

2.) A returning character from past One Piece and their role/status/whatnot.

If you were talking about whatever this Fuuka is, beats me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Keep watching it'll get good

I promise.

I am also one of those going in blind. Normally I don't like to ask this, but I hope no one decides to nudge or wink something Chapter whichever. I don't care if the author has a certain style or whatever twist there is, if I was on the other side, I would never be tempted to hint at stuff.

No one who knows would dare say anything, don't worry.

Chase17

As someone who didn't watch the movies but has gone through the series subbed, I like the first arc but can't stand the second in super.

Keep watching it'll get good
Oh I'm in this for the long haul. Glad it's been mentioned that it gets interesting (otherwise probably would have dropped 10 minutes in). Hopefully I avoid spoilers.

Mizerman

Don't worry, I'm not that much of an asshole to spoil stuff on purpose. Just go ahead and enjoy it.

Jarate

Banned
Im going raw into DBS although I did see the first 2 movies so im assuming the first couple of arcs will just be the movies but with more filler. Ive also kept up with the video games, so I know about characters existing, but not their motives. I dont really care about Dragonball Spoilers, in fact, anyone of any worth was spoiled by online DBZ websites growing up to read all the best DBZ fanfics out there

Im so hype guys, you cant even believe it. Im probably the biggest Dragonball Apologist here though, although Kai is a shit product in general. I think OG DBZ, even with its endless filler is a way better product then Kai. (I had the same issues watching Kai as I did reading the manga. I never had those same qualms watching OG DBZ which ive rewatched like 4-5 times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom