• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing all the ones they showed are exclusives. This is the successor to the 3DS, it's going to get games that would have gone to the 3DS 2

true, but I guess it leaves me wondering that if they're doing the work to make them viable console-type games if they also become easier to justify porting to like the PS4 or whatever

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out at the end of April. Kinda like how SSBM just missed GCN launch.

I'm probably just getting Zelda and whatever strikes my fancy at launch. I think I'll do one game physically and one digitally. I'm setting aside 450 for this, not buying anything for the next two months that is entertainment related besides one book and a few volumes of One Piece. Should fit in my entertainment budget just fine.

if i had more disposable income then maybe but otherwise i mostly just got convinced to wait till Mario comes out

now i just have to hope the Wii U version of Zelda isn't terrible

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hoping to pre-order at GS considering I have $75 in credit/gift cards (close to $100 hopefully if I can trade a $15 gift card for a GS one & trade in MK8), but if I can't, I'll have to settle for BB or Amazon & then use the credit on a game or that Master Edition of Zelda

BBboy20

I'm hoping to pre-order at GS considering I have $75 in credit/gift cards (close to $100 hopefully if I can trade a $15 gift card for a GS one & trade in MK8), but if I can't, I'll have to settle for BB or Amazon & then use the credit on a game or that Master Edition of Zelda
$429.98 (not counting state-based sales taxes) to get the largest Switch+Zelda experience.

BBboy20

....I'm so sorry, Nier Automata....I don't know if I can afford you in March, let alone your LE.....
On the bright side, Square Store will probably charge you in early February going by my experience so maybe you can scrounge up some more during that time....................

Yeah, it's not looking good regardless...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me is so glad Persona 5 got delayed so I can figure out my budget. Might need to figure out some games to sell.

I might have to give in & trade my Wii for $65, just hope they'll accept it with the component cables. I only have it since it makes GCN games look better on my TV.

I'LL also have to hope I can get the Master Edition of Zelda on Amazon to take $26 off. Thankfully, I don't think between Gravity Rush 2 & Persona 5, there's any other retail games I want (aside from Nier).

I hate, nay loathe supporting Konami, but if you guys don't mind supporting Konami then please support Bomberman. the little guy needs this. :(

Also did they say the Joycon can read Amiibos?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure they did. Not surprised since Breath of the Wild already had amiibo support announced a while back. Plus Nintendo still has to make Cloud, Bayonetta, & Corrin amiibo.

Crocodile

There was a lot to like in the Switch presentation but also major balls were dropped too. Major balls. Why isn't 1,2 Switch a pack in? Why was there no VC info. If you are already teasing games that won't launch for a while, why not show ALL the good stuff in the pipeline to build hype? A bit disappointed TBH but I wasn't picking one up at launch anyway.

ckohler

D83w6y9.jpg

Episode 39 "Satan City"
In this episode, Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and BBboy20 discuss golden showers, Super's debut, the best Videl, Jojo openings, the look of 80's anime, monster truck wheelchairs, Metal Gear references, and the new block.

Download
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode039.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:47 DB Super
0:09:36 DBZ Kai
0:20:48 Jojo
0:31:05 Gundam Unicorn
0:41:07 HxH
0:47:43 Shippuden
0:52:55 One Piece
0:59:09 One Punch Man and the new block
1:09:27 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Arms is $60 dollars...like, it really needs to be that good if they want to justify that price
Yeah, maybe at $20, I'd give it a try, but at $60, that's too high for me unless it's secretly the next Splatoon with a single player campaign.

I also wish it had more traditional controls or each analog stick controlled an arm. I like Punch-Out, so maybe this'll be up my alley?

Line_HTX

I am definitely NOT buying the Switch at launch because they continue to suck at convincing me that it's worth it from the beginning. The games themselves look great, but not enough to wow me with a system and service that just looks like they didn't learn a damn thing from their past mistakes.

Regiruler

Yeah, maybe at $20, I'd give it a try, but at $60, that's too high for me unless it's secretly the next Splatoon with a single player campaign.

I also wish it had more traditional controls or each analog stick controlled an arm. I like Punch-Out, so maybe this'll be up my alley?

It doesn't really look like it plays like punch-out. Punch-Out is more about memorization and pure reflexes. Arms, from a genre perspective, is a fairly straightforward fighting game and has a larger mental element (there seems to be the fairly standard block, strike, grab triangle).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It doesn't really look like it plays like punch-out. Punch-Out is more about memorization and pure reflexes. Arms, from a genre perspective, is a fairly straightforward fighting game and has a larger mental element (there seems to be the fairly standard block, strike, grab triangle).
I guess I was saying Punch Out to convince myself it might be good because it looks more like I'm playing Wii Boxing, which got old real fast & resulting in most people just flailing their arms, making me think I won't like this.

Maybe there'll be a demo, I'd give that a try at the very least.

cntr

Banned
Still listening to the podcast, but re: that bit about shows imitating older style -- that's a general thing in mecha shows. Like, this shot from New Getter Robo, which is copying 70s-80s mecha style:

mcn44Ox.gif

(If you think "That looks a lot like Gurren Lagann", that's 'cause Gurren Lagann was imitating that same style too.)

cntr

Banned
tbh, I'm not really into consoles since they don't sell them here, they're already expensive, and I'd have to import them. I'm interested in Nintendo things since I like their stuff but yeah.

I play indie games nowadays, since they're cheap, have fun ideas and hey, they usually run on Linux.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, micro sd is easier & cheaper to deal with. I'll probably buy a 128GB for around $40. Least I'm not spending another $90 like I did for my PS4's 2TB HDD (wanted SSD but screw the prices on that).

...but I do hope it's not the same crap with Wii u where at launch, there's already games that're too big to fit on the initial storage

cntr

Banned
I'll probably get a 2DS/3DS eventually since the DS and 3DS library is pretty great. But before then I might try and set up a PS2, since that's going to be cheaper than water by now and I totally missed that train.

zulux21

I got a Switch pre-ordered at the Best Buy down the street.

Might keep it, might not. Need to think on it a bit more.

i have one preordered at amazon... only way I keep it is if one of my friends or family wants it and gets me the money for it before it launches.

holiday 2018 is my current expected date of actually getting one.

by that point it will be at least $50 cheaper and come with a bundled game such as the new mario game making it much closer to the $200 I am willing to pay for the switch.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is it Tuesday already?

Glad I have a job. I can't wait to reserve this.

I have to wonder if the people complaining about the price are without jobs.
Just set a little aside each pay day and you'll have enough.

Wii had a shitload of games, I don't know what you are talking about there.
I'm very picky, yet also quite diverse, I like a lot of JRPG's and such. And as I said I don't play a lot of Nintendo games as in games made by Nintendo. I liked the Metroid Prime games though, had Skyward Sword, my least favorite console Zelda, last good one for me was Twilight Princess. I'm not buying another Wii U though so if the Switch has some backwards compatibility then that's perfectly fine.

bigkrev

6 people total at GameStop- I got there at 10 on the dot and was 3rd. The 2 people ahead of me preordered a billion games and accessories each, and took forever. I get to the register, and am out the door 30 seconds later. Completely painless

bigkrev

Also, you can get $195 in credit for a WiiU towards it, which I'm doing. I'm going to post my activity logs for the last year here later for lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom