• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
tm1a1PN.gif

So no one was able to answer my question, did they know Titan had been can'd at this point? Or were they planning a second season when the plug got randomly pulled?

Well I guess that ending answered that question <_<

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 12 - Wound: The Struggle for Trost, Part 8
12:00 - Bleach - 353 - Ichigo, Mastering the Fullbring!
12:30 - Space Dandy - 17 - Transfer Student is Dandy, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 30 - Aesthetics of an Instant
1:30 - One Piece - 264 - Landing Operations Start! Charge in, Straw Hats!
2:00 - Blue Exorcist - 23 - Truth
2:30 - DC Nation - 144 - Batman Beyond
2:35 - Beware the Batman - 12 - Attaction
3:00 - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 19 - Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise
3:30 - Naruto - 30 - The Sharingan Revived: Dragon-Flame Jutsu!
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 23 - Girl on the Battlefield
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 1 - Asteroid Blues
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 49 - Corruption
4:30 - Samurai Jack - 26 - Jack's Sandals

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSL91ygGTu3dxt

zlCfzSMBWgQIA9bHx6

zlCfzSMCNxAmupyBRG

zlCfzSMC_vcqEQiAJf

LATER.
(My sleep over the past 2 days has been a combined 4 hrs. Glad I made it! 6.5 Hr. Challenge COMPLETE!)

Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 12 - Wound: The Struggle for Trost, Part 8
12:00 - Bleach - 353 - Ichigo, Mastering the Fullbring!
12:30 - Space Dandy - 17 - Transfer Student is Dandy, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 30 - Aesthetics of an Instant
1:30 - One Piece - 264 - Landing Operations Start! Charge in, Straw Hats!
2:00 - Blue Exorcist - Blue Exorcist - 23 - Truth
2:30 - DC Nation - 144 - Batman Beyond
2:35 - Beware the Batman - 12 - Attaction
3:00 - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 19 - Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise
3:30 - Naruto - 30 - The Sharingan Revived: Dragon-Flame Jutsu!
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 23 - Girl on the Battlefield
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 1 - Asteroid Blues
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 49 - Corruption
4:30 - Samurai Jack - 26 - Jack's Sandals

Later.

So much bold/highlight :O

Still shocked not even a mention of Cowboy Bebop's return has shown up on Toonami, they even had that Q&A replace the Wing question with "so I heard Bebop is returning" or something lol

Great stuff tonight SAB

Gonna sleep, then work, then Monday I'll write up my thoughts on SBT having finally finished it for the first time. I will say it's a show that should have been allowed to continue as it had plenty of interesting ideas for future plot points.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still shocked not even a mention of Cowboy Bebop's return has shown up on Toonami, they even had that Q&A replace the Wing question with "so I heard Bebop is returning" or something lol

Great stuff tonight SAB

Gonna sleep, then work, then Monday I'll write up my thoughts on SBT having finally finished it for the first time. I will say it's a show that should have been allowed to continue as it had plenty of interesting ideas for future plot points.

It'll be the Tom/Sara talk next week and they'll either do a new lineup or (more likely) the TTGL promo.

I told people not to show that in the prewatch as it was going to hit Toonami. It's also a better show for the block than something like Kill La Kill.

789shadow

Banned
It'll be the Tom/Sara talk next week and they'll either do a new lineup or (more likely) the TTGL promo.

I told people not to show that in the prewatch as it was going to hit Toonami. It's also a better show for the block than something like Kill La Kill.
No way we get a TTGL until the week before it airs. Next week will definitely be a new lineup promo.

Raxus

Great stuff SAB. I hear the typing of the character biography in my head ala JoJo.

I don't get the Hey Bey-bee thing sadly.

REVENG! You are such a baka Scar.

Dandy approves of Yoko. He is a slave to the booty.

Reviews tonight and an SBT retrospective.

LATER.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No way we get a TTGL until the week before it airs. Next week will definitely be a new lineup promo.

promos show up early these days, the last ones that were the week before was during movie month. I do agree though that because of the timeslot change that they definitely do have to do a lineup next week, must not be thinking right. The promo will be next week or the week after.

Seda

Blue Exorcist: August 9th, 2014
Black Lagoon: August 30th, 2014
Space Dandy: September 27th, 2014 (assumes S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: October 25th 2014
Attack on Titan: October 25th, 2014
Beware The Batman: Novermber 1st, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 27th, 2014
Cowboy Bebop: January 17th, 2015
Samurai Jack: January 24th, 2015
Gurren Lagann: February 14th, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 16th, 2015
Clone Wars: September 12th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Early next year is going to be fun, though I bet we get at least two movie nights this year as well.

EDIT: For reference Saturdays in December are the 27th, 20th, 13th, 6th.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The number of times not Sango was in panty shot situations tonight but they didn't show anything was fairly mindblowing. I guess they blew the budget with episode 2.

Yeah, from Lagoon on, I missed Toonami. Had to get on the plane ( which i'm on right now, btw. Plane WiFi ftw :D )

which also means back to the good ol' AS stream.

BTW, great sketch dump.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How is it I watched 5 Toonami shows and not ONCE see the Gurren Lagann news, especially during Blue Exorcist, the show it's replacing

ARE YOU GUYS MESSING WITH A MAN'S SOUL!? Is it REALLY happening?!

Edit: Oh it was a Q&A. Why the hell did it only air once?

Regiruler

Fucking hell, I fell asleep before blue exorcist and was dowsing off during naruto. Can someone give me a rundown of what happened during both?

It aired during Bleach, which I don't watch. That's why I was waiting for a commercial to inform me during Space Dandy, Blue Exorcist, One Piece, & Black Lagoon.

Don't tell me the second time they aired the Q&A was during Naruto, the OTHER show I don't watch?

Mistakes were made, guess you should start watching Bleach and Shippuden :p

Also how much mood whiplash will Gurren Lagann into Beware the Boredom be >:[

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*remembers all the Shippuden reactions near the end about how slow it is* Eeehhhhhh, I'll pass on that.

It'll be fun rewatching the dub after all these years Sci-Fi aired it. Even better will be the fact it won't be as edited and stuff, mainly how many damn times they'd cut to commercial (didn't even have the before/after commercial bumps). I'm gonna do my best not to hype up any future episodes & such, because it's going to be awesome seeing reactions from new viewers, and they're made better when they have no expectations.

It aired during Bleach, which I don't watch. That's why I was waiting for a commercial to inform me during Space Dandy, Blue Exorcist, One Piece, & Black Lagoon.

Don't tell me the second time they aired the Q&A was during Naruto, the OTHER show I don't watch?
That's what you get for refusing to watch the best show on the block

Raxus

Fucking hell, I fell asleep before blue exorcist and was dowsing off during naruto. Can someone give me a rundown of what happened during both?

Naruto OG or Shippuden.

In Shippuden, Kakashi sucked and Naruto got Gaara's corpse.

In Naruto, Orichimaru touched Naruto in his nono place and knocked him out, Anbu found out the grass village ninja is not who he seems, and Sasuke's Sharingan awakened. This was a low budget episode of Naruto and it looked better than most of Shippuden.

Blue Exorcist. Oh god where to start...*Inhales a big breath* Yukio reveals he is a paladin to Rin, Rin is upset since he wants to be a paladin and Yukio achieved the goal before he did. Totally not Evil Grandpa is assigned as the new Pope and appoints Yukio as the head of Tokyo Branch and starts a campaign to rid the world of all demons called 'Operation Jacobs Ladder'. Yukio asks if Totally not Evil Grandpa plans to eliminate Rin and Totally not Evil Grandpa says through this method they can turn Rin Human again Rin is all like 'Totes' and then Totally not Evil Grandpa shows off his super demon killing weapon he plans to use on Ghenna called 'Messiah' and says he knows of Yukio's 'secret' and Yukio is all like 'not totes man'. This all happens within the first 5 minutes.

*Inhales another big breath*So Yukio starts the extermination and assigns all characters guns because kids with guns YAAAAAY. Unless you are a girl, then you get a bow. The girls raise objections since they summon familiars to aid them in fights and Yukio says they can use tombs instead, they decline *hilarity ensues*. Now armed with guns that can absorb vanquished demon energy, Operation Jacob's ladder begins. Demons are eliminated left and right and a quick montage happens with students noticing a strange symbol appearing in the guns. Yukio executes a forest spirit and cold blood saying it was a demon when Rin hears it just wanted to protect the forests until the exorcists came in and started killing everyone. Rin and Yukio fight about Operation Jacob's Ladder and Yukio is dedicated to the cause and is about to off Rin's cat. Rin is all like 'aw hell naw' and stops him but the fight that ensues leads to Rin seeing a mysterious black spot growing on Yukio's arm and questions him on it. This pisses off Yukio some more and the fight escalates with other paladins joining and and Rin getting KO'ed and captured.

Good news we are at the halfway point! *Inhales another big breath*So Rin is now trapped in Vatican headquarters AKA the Vatican in a cell. There he meets Mephisto. Rin asks Mephisto how he got captured and Mephisto opts to explain that he was a thorn in Totally not Evil Grandpa's side and had to be removed. Using a picture book with drawings worse than Rukia's *hilarity ensues* Mephisto then explains how eyepatch's wife got turned into a zombie and how he originated the research or something. If this explanation makes any sense to anyone then please help me out here because Mephisto never mentioned who turned eyepatch's wife into a zombie or why there were zombies in the first place. Mephisto also never explains how he got captured and opts to instead turn into a dog and (hopefully) depart this awful series for good. Rin has no idea wtf is going on and neither does the audience. So now Rin is being sacrificed to open Ghenna as Totally not Evil Grandpa and Yukio watches on. Yukio is all 'WTF' Totally not Evil Grandpa and Totally not Evil Grandpa responds there was always going to be a sacrifice in order to open Ghenna to destroy the demon menace once and for all. Meanwhile the other students sense something is up by a call from the sword repair girl (I guess?) and go to save Rin or something. Blonde Paladin plans to stop them but Boobs sword comes to stop him an lets the students proceed to try and save Rin. Then the credits roll.

We aren't done yet however! The students arrive but they are too late as Ghenna begins to open up, Rin is on the floor supposedly dead and Yukio is now a demon or something as he shows the blue flames Rin has. TWIIIIIST!

*pants* ok I think I got nearly everything. I know I skimmed over some other stuff but you try and keep up with this episode. It is exhausting. I still don't get half of what happened.

TL;DR: fuck this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom