• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we kick things off with a Dandy pop quiz, then QT falls in love with a coffee maker before Dandy hits the multiverse in the season 2 world premiere! After that, it's back to the regular grind with Naruto as the battle with Sasori finally comes to a close (yes, you read that right!), Zoro and T-Bone joust along the rails on the turbulent seas, Rin and Yu-Gui-Oh! pursue the culprit who attacked their monastery, a counterfeiter on the run gets Revy and Eda into all kinds of trouble (again), Lady Shiva sends in an agent specializng in mindtaking, the second test of the Chuunin Exam gets under way as the kids learn all about the Forest of Death, Edward has an icy reunion with Hohenheim in Resembool, Jack takes on one of Aku's top minions, Grievous and the Separatists finally get the bright idea to actually attack the cloning facility on Kamino, and finally the Galalunians deal with a space emergency.

11:30 - Space Dandy - 12 - Nobody Knows the Chameleon Alien, Baby
12:00 - Space Dandy - 13 - Even Vaccuum Cleaners Fall in Love, Baby
12:30 - Space Dandy - 14 - I Can't Be the Only One, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 27 - Impossible Dream
1:30 - One Piece - 261 - Clash! Demon-Slasher Zoro vs. Ship-Slasher T-Bone!
2:00 - Blue Exorcist - 20 - Mask
2:30 - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 16 - Greenback Jane
3:00 - Beware the Batman - 9 - Control
3:30 - Naruto - 27 - The Chunin Exam Stage 2: The Forest of Death
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 20 - Father Before the Grave
4:30 - Samurai Jack - 23 - Jack vs. Demongo, the Soul Collector
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 46 - ARC Troopers
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 18 - A Family Crisis

I just realized that we have no Boondocks episode to dissapoint ourselves with this week.
I can only hope that when Tick and Morty comes back next year, we get repeats of that before Toonami.

Gorillaz

Cameron Diaz is still in movies?
Cameron Diaz

Starring in movies

In 2014....
image.php

Regiruler

That wasn't the real Dandy Episode 12, that was the Chameleonian pretending to be Episode 12

Seems legit
Most episodes of SAO were "tolerable" but every so often it just went full rage-inducing.

Too much bullshit time skipping to avoid having to develop characters and ridiculous arcs that killed a bunch of characters while maintaining some sort of invisible status quo at the same time, attempting some sort of reaction with characters that don't matter because we've only seen 10 fucking minutes of a character.
I dropped around Ep 6 IIRC.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I never understood what this meant.
Or rather, I always assumed it was supposed to be something lewd. The center looks like a hand.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Someone wanna explain to me why Madoka Magicka would be a good or bad choice for Toonami? What's the show about?

It's a very dark deconstruction of the magical girl genre.

It's no surprise that the show's writer would go on to write Kamen Rider Gaim, a dark deconstruction of Kamen Rider

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Didn't Gen Urobuchi, the writer of Madoka Magica, also do that VN Saya no Uta & Fate/Zero? Heck, it seems he even did some Black Lagoon light novels as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, Madoka Magicka is the Evangellion of the magical girl genre.
This probably is the closest description of the show that I'd have to agree with.

Also, think part of the appeal was going in fresh & having no idea how the show would turn out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's ok,

It's also not terrrrrrribly likely for Toonami. It's the only magical girl anime besides Sailor Moon that has any shot whatsoever of coming to the block though I'd say it's remote. It's on Netflix right now if you have it, dubbed and subbed.

Regiruler

Madoka is weird for the sake of being weird, throwing out a lot of "positive" tropes simply because it wants to. I'd rather take a tropey, feel-good unoriginal-yet-satisfying anime like Blue Exorcist over something like Madoka anyday.

But I don't watch anime often, so I'm not constantly bombarded with said tropes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Indeed, if there was a magical girl show that was borne and bred for Toonami that would be Lyrical Nanoha, but that is a pairing that will probably not be happening ever.

Gorillaz

he took someone's nuts to the face in a state bball game

that ain't winning tom, that's all people will remember in that game....getting dunked on and the nuts right there in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom