• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTF, now I can't get any sound when trying to watch it on my laptop on 1080p

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY THE WORK OF AN ENEMY STAND.

Guess I have to watch in 720p UUGGGHHHHH #firstanimeproblems

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Avdol is.....weird. Like, I don't mind the voice, but I think it's missing an accent that'd make it fit better. Could just be I'm used to the JPN version and it's not as easy to adjust in comparison to the other voices that I've heard before.

so is it my Internet or is Crunchyroll's player total garbage?

Both

Seriously though CR's web player is usually pretty awful, combine that with today being the launch of SAO S2 and the site is getting hammered, it actually crashed when SAO S2 launched

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so is it my Internet or is Crunchyroll's player total garbage?
I'd say it's a mixture of both. I'm rather surprised at how well Crunchyroll has been for me today. It was complete garbage when I was trying to watch the first subbed episode months ago.

It was why I wanted to watch the dub on PS3, but it wasn't letting me for some reason.

Edit: Oh my god Bo-BoJoseph is great, especially in silly yelling mode.

Raxus

Fuck anime fans. Fuck them all.

I am partly to blame. I wanted to see if it would make a good hate watch.

The answer?

creepy-smile-o.gif

ORAORAORAORAORA was fantastic

Looks like Viz didn't license the rights to walk like an Egyptian, instead there's generic Jojo music on a scrolling black screen

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ORAORAORAORAORA was fantastic

Looks like Viz didn't license the rights to walk like an Egyptian, instead there's generic Jojo music on a scrolling black screen

That happened in Episode 2 only.
Episode 3 is when Walk Like An Egyptian started.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just checked the end of Ep. 3 & it's still there. Of course, I'm interested in any name changes/if the subs for Crunchyroll will apply for the dub as well.

Raxus

Just finished episode 3. Are they going to talk about it at the convention?

I am hoping for a Toonami announcement.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, think there was an event at Anime Expo today, which was at the same time the dub went up & has "a talk session with special guests including executive producer Satoshi Adachi, producer Hiroyuki Omori, and producer Ryosuke Mori". Though considering we're only at 14 out of 50-ish episodes, it'll probably be a while before it'd be able to air on TV.

& ooohhhhh yeeessss that oraoraora sounded fantastic.

Crocodile

I still think Mohammed sounds a bit off and again that line from episode 1 about Holly's Japanese should have been changed but otherwise I have no complaints about this dub :)

They did get Walk Like an Egyptian, and Polnareff sounds good from the brief preview of episode 4.

Let's just hope he's still called Polnareff :p

I still like some of the voices from the 90's OVA dub, even if the new one has much better voice direction and is a better anime version.

Avdol sounded good when he was first introduced, but from the aesop's fable line and through the rest of his lines afterwords it sounded like he dropped his accent and didn't sound as good.

Also, Kakyoin has the exact voice I imagined another character having, and that upsets me that it won't happen now. But I guess that's the fault of David Production for not using the ASB voices, so the dub was just casting to match his generic deep coolguy anime voice instead of the game voice where he sounds like the dumb nerd he is.

I also didn't like the ORAORAORA, nor Star Platinum having a different voice than Jotaro, or the fact that it also sounded like Seitz.

Seitz as Dio wasn't terrible, but that's only for his smooth talk lines, If he has the same voice he always has for yelling during fights and MUDAMUDAMUDA it'll be really ill-fitting.

Old Joseph was amazing though.

Another reason to wait for JoJo on Toonami? Get an uncensored version.

after learning that Deadman Wonderland on Toonami was pretty much uncensored in the violence department (the DVD has the big black spots and everything), i have to wonder what would actually be different

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
after learning that Deadman Wonderland on Toonami was pretty much uncensored in the violence department (the DVD has the big black spots and everything), i have to wonder what would actually be different

Wait, the DVD is seriously censored? That's lame.

Also, this would be different.

tumblr_n5bu5kUEGe1tt02avo1_500.png

So did nothing happen at Funimations panel?

Would be crazy to get though this whole weekend with nothing for Toonami announced, I know they weren't going to be at anime expo but still with how close Blue Exorcist is to ending they have to announce it's replacement pretty soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom