• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Those ratings from Saturday. Massive drops pretty much after every show in the front half of the block except for Shippuden, which makes zero sense unless they really hate animation that much.

ckohler

We might see a bump in the 2:00 a.m. slot since A) this is the first time Gurren Lagann will be available in HD outside of ridiculously priced BluRays and B) these Batman episodes were never broadcast. That might increase viewers and DVRing for the entire hour.

BBboy20

So yesterday, I step on every non-blocked extrnal spot at the San Diego convention and talked to a cook who gave me the low-down and a sad tale that lead to the fact he can't afford funeral costs despte being 50.

Also discoved Chuck Jones Gallery and the fact 3 animators of Train Dragon 2 will be there tonight.

ckohler

Oh yeah, Comic-Con starts today. Thanks for the reminder. I'm looking forward to all the cosplay photos. Too bad Toonami couldn't make it.

Raxus

Besides Black Lagoon leaving the block soon we won't be reaching the significant block changes until later this year and even then we might even get another movie month.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, GL is 27 episodes, so if it starts August 16th, it'd end on Feb. 14th 2015, assuming we don't get another movie month or something. & I assume BL's replacement will be 20+ episodes as well, so that show wouldn't probably end until March-ish. Therefore we probably won't hear about anything new until next year unless again, we get a movie night/month.

Speaking of which, it saddens me even MORE knowing that they could possibly air the Gurren Lagann movies now, if not for the fact Aniplex never dubbed them....

Seda

Not unless one of the licensors announce something on Toonami's behalf. I think this has only happened with Sword Art Online.

Funimation has a panel (tomorrow?) But it will probably just be a retread of Anime con.

Still wondering about Bebop blu rays.

Ponn

Banned
I wonder if we will get any significant Toonami announcements at Comic-Con.

Cartoon Network to announce 2 new network channels. The Toonami channel, 24 hours of Toonami programming with every saturday dedicated 24 hour to one Naruto fight.

The second channel is the Renton Gets Beat Down channel. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week of Renton getting beat down by Holland. Enjoy!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe you can just do to Fairy Tail what you already did to the Naruto filler. That'd be more than enough Fairy Tail without it mucking up the block. Think of it as a new challenge!

jXWQ133.gif

Seda

Well, we still need Black Lagoon's replacement. Hopefully the pick something awesome as shit.

Considering it's at 3AM now, good chance it'll just be an Adult Swim staple (like FLCL or GitS, as been mentioned).

I earlier said the replacement might be GitS, under the assumption that Space Dandy would rerun in its own slot - perhaps moved down of course. However, GMN's speculation would potentially free up another premiere slot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nobody ever mentions Samurai 7. Was it any good? I didn't start watching New Toonami until Soul Eater arrived.

It's...better than GXP! Thundercats too! It's got really historically bad animation! The VA is inconsistent but not bad! The story is a bit odd! Sold your Wife!

Seda

Nobody ever mentions Samurai 7. Was it any good? I didn't start watching New Toonami until Soul Eater arrived.

I enjoyed it more than most I think, and I only thought it was 'okay'.

It's...better than GXP! Thundercats too! It's got really historically bad animation! The VA is inconsistent but not bad! The story is a bit odd! Sold your Wife!

yeah basically

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It was okay. Sabot was the best thing about the show. Also, SOLD MY WIFE.
Yup, this sums it up. I'm just annoyed they had a damn CYBORG SAMURAI and it felt like they barely used them & when they did, he was the incompetent one most of the time.

& I can't help but think of the SOLD MY WIFE line being said in the style of Dante shouting "FILL YOUR SOUL WITH LIGHT!!" in DMC1.

Considering it's at 3AM now, good chance it'll just be an Adult Swim staple (like FLCL or GitS, as been mentioned).

I earlier said the replacement might be GitS, under the assumption that Space Dandy would rerun in its own slot - perhaps moved down of course. However, GMN's speculation would potentially free up another premiere slot.

i think the only reason Space Dandy reran at 12:30 was because season 2 wasn't all that far away; i'm not even sure if we'll still have a gap between Bleach and Shippuden after it finishes, which would suck because Bleach/Naruto/One Piece is exhausting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom