• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly, Bleach's training scenes always seemed better than most shounen ones.

Real stakes, don't take too long, usually in interesting places. Also works out well because of how Ichigo's powers develop and how it fits into his backstory.

Honestly, Bleach's training scenes always seemed better than most shounen ones.

Naruto has by far the best training arcs of any shonen series I've read/seen, they're honestly some of the best parts of the 2nd half of the series. Though that might be more a statement about how weak chunks of part 2 are.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Training and flashbacks is what Naruto Shippuden specializes in. Luckily...there's lots of both.

Training in original Naruto wasn't anything too special besides the first hot spring episode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SQ1cUV0.gif

daveo42

Banned
Looks like Batman could use a training arc. Naruto training arcs aren't bad, but I have a legitimate issue with one of the upcoming arcs where the first portion just seems really dumb though it does speed up the process.

At this point if you want to make an original action cartoon best to bring that shit to Adult Swim and try to get it on Toonami as CN/Nick can't be trusted to handle this crap.

Gorillaz

I actually thought ATLA was one of Nick's pillars for the 13 and up age group I don't get why Korra has been fucked with since the get go.

It's ashame because the current arc has really redeemed the show, I would love for it to get picked up by netflix

Raxus

The whole thing was a mess like Young Justice. They had a moderately successful series then when they get to a new season they barely promote it until it is weeks away from release, release it during the summer and burn through the episodes like they were going out of style.

Wait...what happened?
After this week's episode all remaining episodes have been pulled from the schedule and will air digitally.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Korra actually kinda got reversed fucked with.

It started out strong, interest died down when it started getting boring, and now that it got good again Nick is back to fucking with it.

Avatar meanwhile got fucked with from the beginning and then really fucked with during the final season just as it started to peak as a franchise.

The whole thing was a mess like Young Justice. They had a moderately successful series then when they get to a new season they barely promote it until it is weeks away from release, release it during the summer and burn through the episodes like they were going out of style.

#bringyoungjusticetotoonami

daveo42

Banned

After this week's episode all remaining episodes have been pulled from the schedule and will air digitally.

Yeah, just bounced to the Korra thread and saw the news. Really though...fuck...

I hope they land on their feet and a million fucking miles from Nick.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nick was totally on board for Korra season one. Gave them time, a gigantic budget, lots and lots of promotion. People liked it, it did pretty good ratings. They come back for season two...which is pretty damn boring! Ratings suffer, so they throw out season three for the dogs...which then ends up by all accounts to be great.

Gorillaz

I didn't like the way they handled the big reveal of the villain in season 1, but that was me expecting a lot more out of what was given, so I dialed it back a bit. I actually missed most if not all of season 2 but saw the ending fight of it....lol. Season 3 seems like promise so far

I will say Nick backed it up for season 1. I definitely agree with that, it felt like as time went on they dialed down on it as well. When I heard about how fast they were burning through this season it sunk in to me that Nick is finishing it's contract with it on air and saying fuck it

daveo42

Banned
I actually wasn't aware of how much Nick messed with the original series either when coming into Korra. It actually never dawned on me because of how well done ALTA was and Korra should have been a homerun. The restrictions that came with Korra initially probably caused more undo harm than needed and hurt Amon as a bad guy and the whole of season 2.

Really, I find all of this completely confounding.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel like with season one of Korra they were designing an MMO and decided that everyone needed to be balanced powerwise...which basically meant the avatar was hit with the nerf hammer. Just not a good look all around.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bount Arc is the best of the non-canon Bleach arcs...because the rest suck even worse. It is too damn long though.

Bleach has great non canon episodes, mainly the one off comedy ones they do from time to time.

Raxus

Is Fairy Tail any good?

(and yeah ik bring it to toonami and all that)
Honest answer? Eh, it wears thin fast. EVERYTHING is solved via friendship and the same jokes are done over and over and over and over....

...and over. On top of some very questionable things done to the female cast.

ToonamiGAF would turn it into a hate watch really fast.

Soulflarz

Banned
Honest answer? Eh, it wears thin fast. EVERYTHING is solved via friendship and the same jokes are done over and over and over and over....

...and over. On top of some very questionable things done to the female cast.

ToonamiGAF would turn it into a hate watch really fast.

SAO...One...2?

Er SAO Part 1 S2

Okay screw it- is it as bad as the tentacle things/borderline rapist guy in SAO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom