• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

So, I passed out at like 11 last night. Obviously watched nothing.

Also, accidentally bought a PS4 today. Totally didn't mean to

Add me (same username)

I'm trying to be as polite and respectful as possible but like........what's wrong with you? Or did you mean to use a different word?

Tenumi

Banned
Finished up watching my recordings from last night, so here's my quick impressions:

Bleach: Generally when you don't want somebody to know something, you shouldn't talk about it WITHIN EARSHOT of them, let alone just a couple feet away.

Space Dandy: Dandy, that's rude. She's cute! But all's well that ends well, it appears. Well, minus Dandy forgetting why he even went to the school in the first place.

One Piece: Wow, they're really hyping this up as an epic battle for Robin and Franky's freedom. Cool.

Blue Exorcist: Have you let Satan into your life yet?

...Not much really happened this episode, did it?

Black Lagoon: So we've got a new story arc started now. Also, Revy playing with the kids was kind of adorable.
----------

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching the first episode of FINAL ACT again...the pacing on this episode is insane. The only thing that moves faster is DBZ Kai Abridged.

bigkrev

How... how do you accidentally buy a game system? :p

When you get an e-mail from Best Buy saying "Hey, you haven't bought anything with your card recently, we have a 10X bonus rewards event this Sunday!",

And then you go to Best Buy, to buy your mom a Chromebook

And when you are in Best Buy, you see this giant stand for The Last of Us Remastered

And when you see that, you think "Man, I want to play that!"

And when you think that, you wander over to the console section.

And when you wander around a Best Buy, an employee asks if you need any help

And when that employee asks, you blurt out "Hey, do you have any PS4s", without thinking too hard

When you ask that, they go to the back to get you one

When that happens, you pretty much have 2 choices- 1)Buy the thing when they come back, or 2) Leave the store before they find you again.

When those are your choices, you say "Fuck it!", and buy the thing you probably were going to buy in a month or 2 (for NHL 15) anyway.

And that was my process to accidentally buying a PS4 today. As well as a Turquoise 14 Inch HP Chromebook for my mom.

bigkrev has an ouya, maybe two?

JUST ONE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I'm trying to be as polite and respectful as possible but like........what's wrong with you? Or did you mean to use a different word?

People have wondered this for years
FUN FACT: I got thrown out of my Preschool when I was a kid (I wish I was kidding)

It took a while to set up, but so far i'm happy with the PS4. I own a bunch of crossbuy stuff and PS Plus games which are nice, and picked up Infamous, which I'm really enjoying so far.

Also, plan to install Crunchyroll, to see if the power of the PS4 can make SAO Season 2 not total garbage

Tenumi

Banned
When you get an e-mail from Best Buy saying "Hey, you haven't bought anything with your card recently, we have a 10X bonus rewards event this Sunday!",

And when you are in Best Buy, you see this giant stand for The Last of Us Remastered

And when that employee asks, you blurt out "Hey, do you have any PS4s", without thinking too hard

When that happens, you pretty much have 2 choices- 1)Buy the thing when they come back, or 2) Leave the store before they find you again.

When those are your choices, you say "Fuck it!", and buy the thing you probably were going to buy in a month or 2 (for NHL 15) anyway.

And that was my process to accidentally buying a PS4 today. As well as a Turquoise 14 Inch HP Chromebook for my mom.

Ah... so kind of like when I got a Wii U. Pretty similar actually. Ended up with the Wii U and a new laptop for my dad.

So is there anyone who watches Toonami with us who hasn't seen either DBZ or DBZ Kai in some capacity? Almost every show on the block has a few people who haven't seen it before, but it always feels like when dbz is discussed everyone has seen it multiple times

bigkrev

So is there anyone who watches Toonami with us who hasn't seen either DBZ or DBZ Kai in some capacity? Almost every show on the block has a few people who haven't seen it before, but it always feels like when dbz is discussed everyone has seen it multiple times

I've never seen the Sayain Saga or the Buu stuff. Seriously!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I've seen all of DBZ. But only some of Kai.

I've never seen the Sayain Saga or the Buu stuff. Seriously!

So thats at least one, but even then you at least know some details of various arcs

I've seen all of DBZ. But only some of Kai.

I'm looking for people who are truly blind, assuming 789shadow wasn't being sarcastic when he said he'd never seen cowboy bebop before it got me thinking if it was possible more regulars hadn't seen either it or dbz/k before

MikeMyers

In about 1 or 2 weeks I'll be reviewing the filler similar to how Man God did with Naruto.

Crocodile

I will concede that this narrative makes a lot more sense than the one I envisioned from your original post.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've never seen either past the Cell ending.

Maybe we should go kinda light on spoilers in case anyone hasn't seen it though. Even though it is DBZ

I'm always an "err on the side of caution" kinda guy as it comes to that stuff. I'll let Seda make the call on this one though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
At least we'll have plenty of DBZ Abridged jokes to last for a while.
A luxury we lacked with Naruto since LittleKuriboh only made like 6 episodes, and the other Naruto Abridged series wasn't that good outside of a few jokes.

At least we'll have plenty of DBZ Abridged jokes to last for a while.
A luxury we lacked with Naruto since LittleKuriboh only made like 6 episodes, and the other Naruto Abridged series wasn't that good outside of a few jokes.

Lets not flood the thread with dbz abridged quotes when dbz isn't airing on the block

:p

Seda

I'm always an "err on the side of caution" kinda guy as it comes to that stuff. I'll let Seda make the call on this one though.

The typical spoiler rules are: if it hasn't aired on rebooted-Toonami, tag AND GIVE CONTEXT to all spoilers of not-yet-aired episodes. The only exception is OG Naruto, which because of the sudden jump to Shippuden last year, kinda sorta falls under open spoilers.

It would be weird to keep DBZ discussion under spoilers..thinking if we do want to tag such, it would be very lightly enforced, haha.

aside: I'd prefer we avoid teases along the lines of

fake made up post said:
Want to say something but can't because of spoilers :x

It's not only annoying, but sometimes can actually tip off elements that may have otherwise gone unnoticed.

I guess we can see how the group watching dbzk is, if even 1 user is like "haven't seen this before" then I feel we should treat them with respect and not spoil future events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom