• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Don't worry, I'm going in fresh.

Speaking of Which I'm about to start episode 2 of season 1 right now, will give update through edits as it goes on

edit1: lol at slow clap by like 4 people regarding the talk over finding the boss

edit2: why are they (main character and Asuna(I think) eating if you don't need to eat in that world? also how does cream materialize from a ball of light energy

edit3: boss battle is kinda raw, it didn't need the speech about the beta tester that fucked up being noble

edit4: still using the term "noob" in 2012, ok...

LOL" HE'S A BETA TESTER AND A CHEATER...HE'S...HE'S A BEATER"

Not a bad episode, liked the boss batte and "beater" thing

MikeMyers

Bti89yGCIAAGQ9X.jpg:large

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We need to find this person! That person shows up. I'm going to fight this person! Next scene that person shows up.

Also LORD SESSHOMARU shows up at an alarming rate.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Speaking of Which I'm about to start episode 2 of season 1 right now, will give update through edits as it goes on

edit1: lol at slow clap by like 4 people regarding the talk over finding the boss

edit2: why are they (main character and Asuna(I think) eating if you don't need to eat in that world? also how does cream materialize from a ball of light energy

edit3: boss battle is kinda raw, it didn't need the speech about the beta tester that fucked up being noble

Episode 3 is where it all goes downhill.
For me, it went from "Stupid but watchable" to "this is the dumbest fucking thing... and it is hilarious for all the wrong reasons"

congrats! you made it through one of the two decent episodes of Sword Art Online!

Raxus

congrats! you made it through one of the two decent episodes of Sword Art Online!
I was going to say there was maybe one more ok episode then the whole carnival of stupid hit me.

Seriously, episodes of SAO have an uncanny ability to start innocuous and then board the bullet train to crazy town.

I was going to say there was maybe one more ok episode then the whole carnival of stupid hit me.

Seriously, episodes of SAO have an uncanny ability to start innocuous and then board the bullet train to crazy town.

spoilers for when the carnival of stupid comes to town:
next episode is when it hit me

Gorillaz

We ain't stopping this train no matter what toonamigaf. About to start episode 3, will update but probably just an overall one and not one after the other since it might be annoy people

edit1: fuck it we updating now

Lmao at them playing up the main character as a ladies man, having chicks he just met a day before sleep in his bed, alright breh

The transitions between the team getting slaughtered and going straight to some holiday themed christmas event was hilarious. I don't know if it was intentional

edit: 2 I just got to the gif you guys post of the show where dude jumps off that bridge. "Your....Your....Your a beater"

edit 3: something I don't get but if you can easily see the power level of a player just by looking why didn't the others pick up on it except the girl?

edit4: there is something about the way they handle the dramatic stuff that is half assed. I might make fun of AoT being over dramatic but they made it work at least, they built up the fear of the Titans and the monsters they were easily by the 3rd episode. 3 episodes in SAO they seem to struggle with stressing how important all that "trapped in this world" shit is. It doesn't have to go AoT style but at least make it feel as if there is some struggle. The delivery of it just feels weak, maybe it's the voice actors idk

Episode 4, oh....oh man this little girl storyline....

MikeMyers

The Final Act is on Bluray; I own both sets.

Both SAO and InuYasha aired on Toonami, so there is a strong possibility that either SAO II and Final Act will air one day. I guess some people are just jumping ahead.

Raxus

I intend on watching Final Act completely fresh.

I only checked out SAO II out of morbid curiosity and dropped it after 4 episodes.

It should make for another great hate watch.

There were decent episodes?

basically the ones that had good fight scenes and only minimal stupidity (since no episode actually lacks stupidity.) maybe it's out of pity that i'm calling them decent, though.

edit4: there is something about the way they handle the dramatic stuff that is half assed. I might make fun of AoT being over dramatic but they made it work at least, they built up the fear of the Titans and the monsters they were easily by the 3rd episode. 3 episodes in SAO they seem to struggle with stressing how important all that "trapped in this world" shit is. It doesn't have to go AoT style but at least make it feel as if there is some struggle. The delivery of it just feels weak, maybe it's the voice actors idk

it's because they fail to establish anything. you got to know those characters for half an episode before they died, and everyone's been trapped in SAO for all of one episode before SURPRISE TIMESKIP to remove any sense of claustrophobia.

Raxus said:
I intend on watching Final Act completely fresh.

I only checked out SAO II out of morbid curiosity and dropped it after 4 episodes.

It should make for another great hate watch.

i've seen one episode of the Final Act, but i think it'll end up on Toonami eventually so i'm holding off.

i've dropped SAO II as well once they handled Kirito looking like a girl about as poorly as could be expected.

TUSR

Banned
The Final Act is on Bluray; I own both sets.

Both SAO and InuYasha aired on Toonami, so there is a strong possibility that either SAO II and Final Act will air one day. I guess some people are just jumping ahead.
I wonder if they will do a remastered like Ranma.

The Final Act was perfect, pacing, fights, ending, etc.

Gorillaz

basically the ones that had good fight scenes and only minimal stupidity (since no episode actually lacks stupidity.) maybe it's out of pity that i'm calling them decent, though.

it's because they fail to establish anything. you got to know those characters for half an episode before they died, and everyone's been trapped in SAO for all of one episode before SURPRISE TIMESKIP to remove any sense of claustrophobia.
On Episode 4. Chick that reminds him of his "sister" tagging around and shit....and then they do like a 30 second scene with her in her bra and panties...then they had a flower monster who was pretty..l.....lewd, and just went for under her dress...

Yea I'm starting to see where it's going. It's ashame because the premise is definitely interesting but it seems like they want to "float" around on everything else instead of the actual plot itself.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
On Episode 4. Chick that reminds him of his "sister" tagging around and shit....and then they do like a 30 second scene with her in her bra and panties...then they had a flower monster who was pretty..l.....lewd, and just went for under her dress...

Yea I'm starting to see where it's going. It's ashame because the premise is definitely interesting but it seems like they want to "float" around on everything else instead of the actual plot itself.

FYI that character you just saw never comes back. She's never relevant, she only existed for that one scene. You know the one.

bigkrev

Stop doing reasonable things and start being like me and do the unresponsible stuff

Believe in me that believes in you making bad life choices

If it makes you feel any better, I got so drunk the next night that I lost my shoes, Cellphone and Hat somewhere in the greater Baltimore Metropolitan area; and making multiple trips to the ATM, reducing my account by 200 dollars.

I have no idea what happened that night

daveo42

Banned
I never get that drunk when I'm out and about because I'm usually the one driving back home after it's all said and done. Sucks not having a decent public transit system in the area.

At a house party I think the worst I ever got was projectile vomiting into a waste basket and not having the common sense of cleaning up my mess at the time, nor in the morning when I had to throw up again. The girl who hosted the party was pretty pissed at me for a while. My stomach isn't near as strong as it used to be. *sadface*

bigkrev

I never get that drunk when I'm out and about because I'm usually the one driving back home after it's all said and done. Sucks not having a decent public transit system in the area.

At a house party I think the worst I ever got was projectile vomiting into a waste basket and not having the common sense of cleaning up my mess at the time, nor in the morning when I had to throw up again. The girl who hosted the party was pretty pissed at me for a while. My stomach isn't near as strong as it used to be. *sadface*

I hate vomiting more than anything in the world. I'm at least 25% convinced that if I ever was diagnosed with cancer, I would refuse treatment, as I would rather die than go through Chemotherapy and be vomiting all the time and loosing my hair. I'm not strong enough to make it through :(

I never drink to excess anymore. If I start to feel a buzz, I stop immediately. I don't want to throw up ever again.

daveo42

Banned
I hate vomiting more than anything in the world. I'm at least 25% convinced that if I ever was diagnosed with cancer, I would refuse treatment, as I would rather die than go through Chemotherapy and be vomiting all the time and loosing my hair. I'm not strong enough to make it through :(

I never drink to excess anymore. If I start to feel a buzz, I stop immediately. I don't want to throw up ever again.

I hate the feeling too and try to actively avoid it in pretty much any situation. I like getting the buzz, but my stomach tends to fill up faster and feel worse when drinking alcohol. I think it's a side effect of having GERD. That's not all that fun either.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A few days after my 21st birthday.

Dad: "HEY SON, you're 21, now try this beer!"

Me: "Um, no, it's okay, I don't want to drink alcohol. I've already had enough health issues with my body & I lost 60 lbs this year...."

Dad: "It's alright, I just want you to know the taste!"

Me, figuring I've got no choice despite knowing it probably won't taste good: "Fine....*tries a drink* Well this isn't too baAH GOD IT'S SO BITTER."

Think the only other time I had alcohol was a year later when I drank a black cherry malt that was in the fridge for a few years. Again, wasn't bad at first, but after drinking 1/2 of it, the flavor started losing its appeal. Don't really plan on drinking again (let alone getting drunk) in the future.

Levyne

Banned
I don't drink a lot. Wine sometimes. I never really cared for the taste of beer.

Once I was visiting Minnesota for grad school and ended up drinking too much. I ended up someplace else.

daveo42

Banned
There are good tasting beers and liquors out there. You just have to know what you do and don't like. I'm not that big an expert, but if you aren't a big fan of hops or bitter taste, generally stay away from IPAs and stick closer to stouts or porters. Find some nice summer ales too, as most are pretty light and have a nice citrus flavor. Ciders are good too, but a bit too sweet for me. Most mass-produced beer in the US is generally garbage and is only there to be cheap and get you drunk.

As for liquor, you can never go wrong with a decent bourbon or scotch whiskey. And when I say decent, I don't mean Jack Daniels either. Elijah Craig is pretty good and you can get a decent Johnny Walker for a reasonable price.

Just think of alcohol as something akin to coffee or tea. There are good ones out there and then there's Lipton or McDonalds. While those will get the job done, there are far superior ones out there for you to try and drink. I'm not advocating to go out and drink, but don't let bad tasting stuff stop you from enjoying a good drink every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom