• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DBZ is weird in that people probably know the big story beats, the truly important stuff, but don't know/remember the little things in between. like, Namek blowing up is a meme at this point.

Kai also does subtly change some beats via the condensation of the show to manga only moments and the new improved translation. It's not quite REmake levels of fucking with people familiar with the other show, but it's got some serious "wait, did that really happen that way?" moments along the way.

Seda

I feel like we're taking this DBZ stuff too seriously.

Just treat it like the rest and be respectful of first time watchers.
wtzgU.gif

Basically.

People are weird about that game. I get why many people think it's great, I have no idea why they are so rabid about it. I guess some people are happy about finally having something to play on the PS4, especially those who went from 360 last gen and maybe missed the original.
I dunno either. It was just another game to me but the way its treated you'd swear it was such a momentous event that gaming is segmented to pre-TLoU and post-TLoU.

You see, when a 14 year old girl and Satan impersonating a wolf love each other very much.

I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA IF SATAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SYMPATHETIC CHARACTER NOW. they just pulled out the "lolnope" at the end; i'm not sure if the show is trying and failing to make me feel sorry for him or if he's still just the evil villain.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I checked the Japanese version of Black Lagoon 19 to see how they did the interpretation scene.
Here, Balalaika is speaking English while Rock talks over her in Japanese. Further showcasing the show's "translation convention". Where they're supposed to be speaking English, but for the sake of the audience they're speaking Japanese.

Just like how everyone in One Piece actually speaks English, but for the sake of the audience it's in Japanese.

I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA IF SATAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SYMPATHETIC CHARACTER NOW. they just pulled out the "lolnope" at the end; i'm not sure if the show is trying and failing to make me feel sorry for him or if he's still just the evil villain.

I'm just accepting the whole thing was a ruse so Satan could have a half breed son who he could possess and take over the human realm with.

Seda

UcPRLijl.jpg

This is a shirt being worn by one of our editors at Adult Swim, Phil. It was created about a decade ago for Adult Swim employees only. It has been misconstrued as being “anti anime,” by some people. Here’s the story: back in the early days of AdultSwim.com’s message boards, there was a vocal minority of posters who passionately hated Adult Swim’s action block, which consisted of several anime shows (some of which were initially slated for Toonami). Our bump writers pulled the phrase “cuz anime is the s uck” from a poster complaining about anime on Adult Swim and ran it as a bump. We chose to make it a t-shirt as a comment on the illiteracy of L33T speak, and internet trolling in general. We wore the shirts as a badge of honor- WE LOVE ANIME, and always will. Adult Swim has been on the air since 2001, and we’ve had a commitment to anime that entire time. We still do. Cus anime is the s uck. ;)
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/93129951473/this-is-a-shirt-being-worn-by-one-of-our-editors

Gorillaz

I honestly want to see where BE goes just so I can see if Satan is considered a good guy now.

He...He just wanted to start a family guize :'(

Raxus

Ok you guys. If you watch all of SAO II we aren't going to have any fresh reactions for when it inevitably airs on toonami!

#notallanime

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm going in fresh as well. Though I don't think anything will top episode 24(.5)'s reactions.

......oh god what if SAO II is Black Lagoon's replacement & they're shifting the shows around again?

Edit: For some reason, I originally though the pigeon's beak was open in that .gif.

I'm going in fresh as well. Though I don't think anything will top episode 24(.5)'s reactions.

......oh god what if SAO II is Black Lagoon's replacement & they're shifting the shows around again?

Impossible, we'll know about Aniplex's stupidly over priced DVD/BluRays before we hear about it airing on Toonami

BatDan

Too soon. Aniplex hasn't even started dubbing it yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, I was reminded that it was confirmed that the Kill la Kill manga is being brought over here as well....by Udon. Not sure why, but I find that kind of random.

Though it does make me wonder, have there ever been any mangas based on anime that turn out better? I have the Cowboy Bebop ones and there's really nothing special about them (though at least it's new stories instead of just retelling the anime). At least with the FLCL ones, it has an interesting art style. Even the Gurren Lagann one was just the anime, but in manga form, which SHOULD be cool, but because you already saw the anime, there's nothing new (excluding the spin-off stuff), & it's not like you can check the manga out first & then be all "Man, this would be awesome animated".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not better per se but the G Gundam's manga author clearly has it out for Rain and wants Domon to get with Allenby instead with hilarious results.

BatDan

I should mention that next week's Bleach, not this week's, the one after, will be...
The final filler episode. And I don't mean expanding the manga material, I mean full-on "Wacky Hijinx in Soul Society" filler episode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I should mention that next week's Bleach, not this week's, the one after, will be...
The final filler episode. And I don't mean expanding the manga material, I mean full-on "Wacky Hijinx in Soul Society" filler episode.

I spoiled myself I don't even care.

12 days and change until the most monumental BLEACH ever,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom