• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You people need hobbies.

siNidcE.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This can not be true because I thought IGPX was pretty much a borefest that probably should have stayed in the void.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Riveting stuff, Toonami thread.

iqsvNHLPgZEcQ.gif

I think I may have asked this before, but I don't recall. Do you think there's any chance Toonami would air the Roberta spinoff stuff at some point, or is it too hot for TV?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know about "too hot" content aside from
OMG REVY SHOWER SCENE
, but I do know that the episodes are about 10-ish episodes longer than the regular series, meaning they're about 33-ish minutes long (counting OP & ED) compared to the 22-ish regular time. That might be a weird running time to work with unless they crammed in more episodes to be an hour long.

DominoKid

they better air it.

i'm sure they got some shorts/features lying around they can use to eat up 15 mins to not throw the timing off. enough to work 5 weeks.

Sounds like a job for Kickheart.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tumblr_mqcucllnJy1qftn52o1_500.gif

Gorillaz

Riveting stuff, Toonami thread.

iqsvNHLPgZEcQ.gif

I think I may have asked this before, but I don't recall. Do you think there's any chance Toonami would air the Roberta spinoff stuff at some point, or is it too hot for TV?
It would need to find a way to commercialize it and edit out violence and nude scenes

Idk if it will since the director said he wasn't planning on it being on tv. Thats why its a lot more....loose around the neck when it comes to content

I think it will happen sooner rather than later

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I saw that the sub for the OVAs are up legally on Funi's YouTube channel. Do they have the dub anywhere up, like Hulu or their own site?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, dang. Wish there was a bundle for the entire series + OVAs. Find it hard to justify spending $20 for the OVAs when it's only a few bucks more to get all 24 episodes of the series, even if I'm sure the OVAs are good. Guess both of them go back onto my Amazon wishlist/backlog of things I wish I could buy.

Gorillaz

it was weird how they staggered the release of the OVA too, like it was 3-4ish months out for each one in 2011...then another 2 years just for the dub

Surprised they got everyone back together for it since the end of season 2 english dub and Roberta's bloodtrail was like a good 5 years.

Shard, pls

Bloodtrail will be on there tho, eventually, might spring it up on people after the end of season 2

I dunno the ratings for Black Lagoon haven't been too hot, for a longer ova that would require more work to censor the nudity and possibly take up more then 2 slots to air just can't see it happening :/

Gorillaz

I dunno the ratings for Black Lagoon haven't been too hot, for a longer ova that would require more work to censor the nudity and possibly take up more then 2 slots to air just can't see it happening :/
I can see the ratings talk also being a reason they might not pull the trigger. I thought about that as wel

is there even that much nudity?

The only real scenes that would need editing "lewd" wise , (and they stick out because it is abrupt as hell), were
Roberta showering after war, Revy showering when Rock was over, and the dry humping scene with Roberta and the FARC leader or whatever

Might be more, but those were the ones that literally came out of nowhere unexpected and surprising to me at first. The rest is body parts being ripped apart

The only real scenes that would need editing "lewd" wise , (and they stick out because it is abrupt as hell), were
Roberta showering after war, Revy showering when Rock was over, and the dry humping scene with Roberta and the FARC leader or whatever

Might be more, but those were the ones that literally came out of nowhere unexpected and surprising to me at first. The rest is body parts being ripped apart

that sounds pretty doable. i had a thought that airing Roberta's Blood Trail would pretty much get them perfectly through the five weeks before Space Dandy would go into reruns, and since the shows that follow Black Lagoon are all reruns there's really probably not an issue with giving them the night off for a little over a month. it might also explain the random disappearance of the Batman Beyond short.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
that sounds pretty doable. i had a thought that airing Roberta's Blood Trail would pretty much get them perfectly through the five weeks before Space Dandy would go into reruns, and since the shows that follow Black Lagoon are all reruns there's really probably not an issue with giving them the night off for a little over a month. it might also explain the random disappearance of the Batman Beyond short.

Oh man, your minds will explode if we see Roberta's Blood Trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom