• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Yui and Nui are both abominations, but I can handle Nui a bit more because she's actually supposed to be a bad guy. She just overstays her welcome in the series as a constant mid-boss to overcome.

daveo42

Banned
Who says Yui ISN'T THE BAD GUY?!?

I would be fine with this, meaning that the end of SAO will actually be Yui becoming flesh and blood in the real world and not in the an awesome, end of the world sense either.

That will be your happy ending.

LOLDSFAN

Who says Yui ISN'T THE BAD GUY?!?

4eA5i0Y.gif

daveo42

Banned
Spoilers for a certain 3DS RPG.
Bravely Default does that. A fairy voiced by Sheh was the bad guy all along.

It's my own fault for reading that, but
the game beats you over the head with clues that the fairy was the bad guy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hard to make a judgement on the VA considering it's off-screen which affects the audio. Hopefully the clips will be officially uploaded online as a preview.

.......also we better get Blu-Ray news.

Raxus

I am torn on getting JoJo for 2 reasons.

1) I want to see the anime premiere on Toonami
2) I want the Blu-Rays but I am unsure they will release them.

Jarate

Banned
Not really feeling the VA's too much, seems like theu are just reading off the page

Ill be happy it has a dub though, but I really hope the dub isnt bad. Is the dub done by a known studio so I can know what to expect?

Grexeno

I am torn on getting JoJo for 2 reasons.

1) I want to see the anime premiere on Toonami
2) I want the Blu-Rays but I am unsure they will release them.
If the Blu-Rays aren't being released to discourage reverse importing, you probably won't be seeing them for a while if ever.

Crocodile

1. Is that JYB with an English accent as Johnathan Joestar?
  2. I'm hearing a bit too much "Numbah 1" in Joesph Joestar for my tastes but my expectations may be warped with having Sugitas voice stuck in my head
  3. Word on twitter is that everyone's favorite beater iis Caeser Zeppelli LOL

1. Is that JYB with an English accent as Johnathan Joestar?
  2. I'm hearing a bit too much "Numbah 1" in Joesph Joestar for my tastes but my expectations may be warped with having Sugitas voice stuck in my head
  3. Word on twitter is that everyone's favorite beater iis Caeser Zeppelli LOL

Yes

I don't really hear that

Yes

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I....I've got the rights to Super. I'm giving it a late 90's early 00's gag dub, think Duel Masters or Ghost Stories.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation getting the rights to something Dragon Ball-related? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what're the odds.

Seda

Apparently Sailor Moon Crystal is Hulu exclusive?

ie not going to be on Toonami.

My source is random twitter searching

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The phrase "Hulu-exclusive", let alone for an ANIME, just sounds so......weird. Netflix-exclusive, sure.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Apparently Sailor Moon Crystal is Hulu exclusive?

ie not going to be on Toonami.

My source is random twitter searching

This might be what Jason was alluding to vis a vis being outmaneuvered by the streaming sites.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The phrase "Hulu-exclusive", let alone for an ANIME, just sounds so......weird. Netflix-exclusive, sure.

As I understand it Sailor Moon has doing VERY well for Hulu, to the point where they have advertised the fact they and only they have Sailor Moon.

Seda

Apparently Funimation showed a quick montage/collage for Toonami and that was it, largely featuring shows that are no longer running

source - also twitter.

Grexeno

Apparently Funimation showed a quick montage/collage for Toonami and that was it, largely featuring shows that are no longer running

source - also twitter.
lol why would you even waste everyone's time with something like that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
lol why would you even waste everyone's time with something like that
Marketing/Promoting. "Hey, we have shows you can watch for free like Dragon Ball Z Kai each Saturday Night!", therefore hopefully getting more viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom