• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Because he basically helped build the thing we find joy in. I can't even begin to imagine what video games would look like without Iwata.
He played a big role for the childhoods of anyone that enjoyed Nintendo games, myself included. To see the man that made the earlier moments of your life more enjoyable and wanted to continue making games for us older fans and for a new generation pass away like that can make an emotional impact.

It doesn't help that last we heard his recovery was going fairly well nor was there any "iwata rushed to the hospital" news in the past few days. This is truly out of nowhere news which is the worst kind of news for someone's passing

Man God

Non-Canon Member
vPD5S87.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know why, but the fact that is going to be part of Jump (well not SHONEN Jump but another magazine from the same family) just humors me.

The question is how long they'll be able to stretch this concept out. I mean granted, it's an interesting twist and something I'm sure many people have joked about, but I can't imagine this lasting quite a while. Though the fact it's in a monthly magazine compared to weekly helps it a bit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't know why, but the fact that is going to be part of Jump (well not SHONEN Jump but another magazine from the same family) just humors me.

The question is how long they'll be able to stretch this concept out. I mean granted, it's an interesting twist and something I'm sure many people have joked about, but I can't imagine this lasting quite a while. Though the fact it's in a monthly magazine compared to weekly helps it a bit.

Quarterly magazine. Meaning 4 issues a year.
Also, it's starting as a One-Shot. With a possibility of serialization.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quarterly magazine. Meaning 4 issues a year.
Also, it's starting as a One-Shot. With a possibility of serialization.
Ahhh, my apologies. I'm still a bit depressed, so I didn't read it correctly.

...though wow, 4 issues a year. That's quite a long time to wait for the next chapter for a manga series.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 122:

It is still really odd to see the anime adapting manga chapters left and right to where it looks like bizarre funhouse mirror version of the manga and this episode is no exception. Indeed at this point in the manga Ami was being actively recruited by Infinity Academy becuase of her astounding testing prowess and this school was all about finding the best of the best for reasons not adapted the Guardians decide to have Ami go undercover while they inspect the premises.I recall Corvo mentioning to me not too long ago that I would have found the other members of Witches 5 worse then Mimete because they were rushed and this is not the case. Viluy here is more or less acting like her manga counterpart right down to getting iced pretty quickly. I suppose they released they reached the end of the season so they let the remaining members of Witches 5 retained their manga sensibilities, right down to the fact that they die pretty quick. Also it is revealed this episode that the mini universe in the Science Display is from the Tau Star system, once again grafting manga storyline onto the anime. Outside of that, the episode is played out as a pretty typical, if enlarged because of the source material, scheme to gather pure hearts while in the manga this was the point where the Inners and Outer first met in civilian guise and we are well passed that point. All and all mild recommendation to watch.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 123:

Right then, with the season at nearly a close and with the story more or less retrofitted at best as it can be, it is now time to move into endgame and that is pretty much what this episode is about. The Death Busters send out their final witch Cyprine to have an actually dynamic battle with actual tactics used, thus elevating it above most of the battle seen in this series. While that is going on ChibiUsa pouts more about losing her one true friend for the season and Kaolite kidnaps her after a brief fight with Team Useless (Mask and Pluto). A ritual is performed and this incarnation of Mistress 9 is born. I will not say much about her manga counterpart other than this whole deal was much darker there and body rippy. Anyway, with the Messiah of Silence active and ChibiUsa crumpled into a heap, The Inner march towards the ruins of Mugen Academy to have the final showdown. Recommendation to Watch. .

bigkrev

Well, if you look hard enough, you can find the first 8 or so pages of the manga translated (no word on how long the full story will be, but it might not be much longer than that). Would you be surprised to learn that the premise kind of gets old after a few pages?

Jarate

Banned
Every single person in this thread should read Berserk, it's probably not only one of the most well drawn mangas ever made, but also one of the best written ones ever made.

The Berserk anime is fine (it has an awesome theme song) but please stick with the Manga, the art in it is the best

Every single person in this thread should read Berserk, it's probably not only one of the most well drawn mangas ever made, but also one of the best written ones ever made.

The Berserk anime is fine (it has an awesome theme song) but please stick with the Manga, the art in it is the best

Well you're gonna have to stick with the manga if you want to see the real Berserk, since the anime only goes so far. I'd say you can start with either one, but you'd have to start from the beginning of the manga if you do watch the anime, since it skips too much anyway.

If you play Dark Souls/Bloodborne then Berserk has become more or less a requirement for you. So many homages.
I kind of want to try them because of Berserk, but I don't want to buy it and realize it's not for me.

The anime is fantastic. I was amazed with how faithful it was, and I would absolutely recommend it to newcomers. If anyone chooses not to read it (for some reason) then the anime plus the Skull Knight scenes from the third movie is still a good way to see the golden age.

The manga is absolutely worth it, though. I have seen all three movies and the series twice in just a few months, and I still really enjoyed reading through the golden age. I plan on watching the anime again with another friend soon. Also, I need to order the next set of books.

Rutger

Banned
I enjoyed what I read of Berserk(Golden Age plus a little after it) but I don't really want to deal with another series with a painfully slow release schedule.

I'll return if it ever ends, until then I'll be waiting for the next Hunter x Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom