• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seda, is it cool if we do a Chiller live chat in here for that block? If you're not comfortable with it anyone who is interested could get together in an irc chat or use twitter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Starts tonight in about 2 hours. Also noticed all the shows are owned by Funimation. Wonder if Funimation tried to present those shows to Toonami but was turned down, so they're on Chiller now since they wanted their own block.

I do wonder if they'd do stuff like Hellsing Ultimate, Blood+, etc. if it turns out well for them.

Seda

Apparently Chiller is not available with Comcast.

If anybody wants to watch and post in here this is probably the best place for it anyway outside of a dedicated thread.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cuz this is Chiiillleeeeerrrrr, iiinnn theee niiiigghhhtt....

....& I can't watch cuz I don't have the most expensive Dish package.

Chiller is a channel that only shows horror shows/movies right? I remember seeing commercials for it years ago when it first came to DirecTV.

Edit: We actually get that channel with our current package (Dish). Will watch for the hell of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wednesday is normally a great day for me to stay up late...but I gotta be out the door by 7:15 tomorrow or shit will fly.

LOLDSFAN

I bet they'll get HSOTD.

Also I like that out of the list they will show, the one with the most fanservice is the highest rated. ;)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chiller is a channel that only shows horror shows/movies right? I remember seeing commercials for it years ago when it first came to DirecTV.
Pretty much. It's the horror channel. I THINK they also show reruns of Tales from the Crypt & those types of shows, but again, I don't have it so I can't say much. Just remember discovering it quite a few years ago when I was at my grandparents & my grandpa was watching something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last time I explored the SD channels was three or four years ago. Found an East Asian themed channel that was playing OUTLAW STAR at 11pm one Friday night.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I have Chiller, but it's not in HD. *switches to it* Oh god, the borders.

And the show they have right now is censored.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I bet they'll get HSOTD.

Also I like that out of the list they will show, the one with the most fanservice is the highest rated. ;)
Oh god, they probably would get HSotD now that I think about it.

Out of those 4, I can only vouch for Is This A Zombie. It's not really horror (well there IS elements of it, but not much) as it is comedy/some action. It's stupid, but it's a silly kind of stupid where you just laugh at it with a "lolwut" attitude.

Also the main character has some wiggity-wiggity-whack break dance moves, yo.

It's one of those channels like Pivot that are really niche and low-key among cable providers.
It doesn't help you have to get the package with the most channels/the most expensive bundle to even get the channel.

LOLDSFAN

It's kind of disappointing that the network is only in SD. With 4K around the corner, I hope it pushes at least 720p as the lowest standard.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does Chiller do online streams like with Toonami/Adult Swim? Though granted, I could never figure out my username/password since I'm not the one that bought it/pays for it.

......though I mainly just want to see reactions to certain scenes in KOREAN ZOMBIE DESKCAR Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?.

Line_HTX

My only knowledge of Is This A Zombie? is the selective clips on the Funimation YouTube channel and that looks like it's more cringe lewd than horror.

Someone tell me about Black Blood Brothers. Many years ago I was told this was good, but I forgot why. I think this has Crispin Freeman in it?

I'm gonna fix that, somehow. I've got an idea. A crazy one.

I miss the time where weekdays were about saying something and the response was the Good Girl Friday's "GET OUT" gif.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So just to recap, Is This a Zombie is about Young Iceburg who's turned into a zombie but then a necromancer who never talks comes into his life & he always imagines her with the cutest voice but then a magical girl appears & loses her powers so zombie boy becomes a magical girl himself with his weapon being a magical talking chainsaw to fight giant animals that wear school uniforms

& then big-boobied vamprie ninjas appear because anime & hijinks ensue.

.........also I think there's some fights or something.

Tenumi

Banned
I do get the channel. Surprising.

I'll check it out for Is This a Zombie?, probably, but... well, yeah.

...Oh crap, starts tonight. Forgot it was Wednesday already. :p

LOLDSFAN

Ahhhh ok so Is This A Zombie is the show where this glorious GIF came from.

4dSum54.gif

Crocodile

Never heard of Chiller before but I apparently have it LOL. Only show on that list I'm familiar with is Devil May Cry which is way too slow and boring given the IP its based on. I guess I'll tune in tonight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's not that people don't get Chiller in HD, it's that Chiller HD doesn't exist.

Which is bullshit, but makes sense considering what a niche channel it is. I used to keep my eye on it since they showed random, awesome, movies every now and again but I fell off at some point.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's not that people don't get Chiller in HD, it's that Chiller HD doesn't exist.

That's dumb. Who doesn't have their TV channel in HD in this day & age?

That's one thing Toonami certainly has over it. Broadcasts in HD!

That's dumb. Who doesn't have their TV channel in HD in this day & age?

That's one thing Toonami certainly has over it. Broadcasts in HD!
Boomerang I believe still broadcasts on SD but that makes sense considering the age of the content that they air.
Nicktoons only went HD a year ago I believe.
So yeah, the niche networks definitely don't have the money I guess to do a HD version.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now the question is if they'll cut the OP/ED of each show.

.......actually I wonder how many commercial breaks they'll do. SciFi (before changing to SyFy) was AWFUL at how many damn commercial breaks they did during stuff like Gurren Lagann.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What the fuck is Chiller?
It's a machine that removes heat from a liquid via a vapor-compression or absorption refrigeration cycle.

.........also a TV channel that focuses on horror/scary related content & is starting their own anime block Wed. nights (i.e in 30 minutes) for 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom