• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DMC anime is fucking lame there's no pizza and Dante doesn't even fight anything the whole thing and nobody says the phrase "To take me out you must fight like a man" or "now i'm motivated"

It's better then Bayonetta Bloody Fate though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honestly, I expected this block to be filled with hardcore as fuck shit considering it's on a horror channel. Instead it's all been really dull.

Chiller, brah, if you want an anime block to do well you need to pick good shows. Picking shit doesn't help.

Crocodile

Last chance for this block to redeem itself........

Honestly, I expected this block to be filled with hardcore as fuck shit considering it's on a horror channel. Instead it's all been really dull.

Chiller, brah, if you want an anime block to do well you need to pick good shows. Picking shit doesn't help.

That costs money they clearly don't have :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At one point didn't Sci Fi's Animonday have Monster and Then and Now? Now that's a horror block.

Yes. They also showed Gurren Lagaan and the Read or Die movie.

I remember for a couple of Christmases Adult Swim would show the Read or Die series, but only from the beginning to the Christmas episode, which was a block of really great episodes that worked well as a Christmas block. I miss that. It was a lot of fun.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
G4 had RoD TV. Adult Swim definitely showed the OVA though.

I specifically remember Adult Swim showing a RoD TV marathon at Christmas a couple of times. This was years ago though, we're talking like 2005 or 2007 or whatever. I was in like High School.

Nudull

Banned
Okay, getting over the shock now, and...that is not a very good lineup. Black Blood Brothers seems pretty bland, too.

I'm also reminded that Descendants of Darkness existed. o.o

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This dub is not good. It's not bad, but it sure as hell ain't good. I feel like this SWAT guy's VA is giving the best performance of anyone on the show.

bigkrev

I liked the first show because it was acceptably stupid in a good way. Gave up halfway through the second show.
For something I didn't fathom existing till 5 hours ago, I'm OK with what they did

Anyone here playing rocket league

Same PSN as GAF, I suck but I love it

Takashi

Regardless of mediocrity, I don't mind other folks trying out their own anime blocks. I'd rather more channels take a chance at airing anime and giving the medium as a whole more exposure than having anime on tv eventually just die out.

Line_HTX

Hmm, it sounded like Tokyo Majin and Black Blood Brothers was mediocre.

I tried watching DMC years ago and had to stop because it was a little awkward.

I guess the highlight was the trashy zombie, eh?
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm pretty sure there are way worse shows than SAO.

safe to say i didn't miss much, huh?

in some ways i do kind of miss the days when Toonami was essentially sifting through the bargain bin. it was rather unpredictable and seemed a little more interesting. i think the show quality is better now, though.

Are Chiller seriously airing "Is this a Zombie"? Just cause it has zombie in the title doesn't make it horror. I'd take the shitty 90s OVAs that Syfy used to air over that.

They missed a serious opportunity to air some actual horror stuff like Umineko or Corpse Party or Blood+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom