• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So now Zoro can hear the breath of objects now? lol

Is it Kouza or Kohza? Goddamn translators.

Typical Romaji would be Kouza (or Kōza if you insist on using macrons for long vowels).

In the Viz manga (and most fan translations), it's Kohza.

In the Funimation subs, it's Koza.

Does that help?

Typical Romaji would be Kouza (or Kōza if you insist on using macrons for long vowels).

In the Viz manga (and most fan translations), it's Kohza.

In the Funimation subs, it's Koza.

Does that help?

Yes it does.

So, I've finally made it the 200th chapter!!!!!!!! Luffy is about to wax this dude.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god. Little sis seems to be introduced to Fairy Tail. & she wants to print out Haru's symbol to print on a shirt.

heeeellllpppppppp

.......though she does find the whole "fan fic" stuff stupid, thank goodness.

Oh god. Little sis seems to be introduced to Fairy Tail. & she wants to print out Haru's symbol to print on a shirt.

heeeellllpppppppp

.......though she does find the whole "fan fic" stuff stupid, thank goodness.

Haru's symbol? It's been a while since I've read Rave, but I don't remember that. You mean Musica's?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, you're right, Haru's from Rave Master. I mean the guild symbol.

But yeah, we're talking & she's talking about it's ridiculous how many episodes there are & how expensive the merchandise is, especially figures & how there should be "cheap ones for the 12 year olds that watch".

.........now she wants a poster aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

The funny thing is, she's complaining about how there's so many damn characters & remembering all the names. "If they're not the main characters, why should I remember". & the fact she has some of THOSE friends that complain if you don't use the word "anime" or "manga".

Crap, you're right, Haru's from Rave Master. I mean the guild symbol.

But yeah, we're talking & she's talking about it's ridiculous how many episodes there are & how expensive the merchandise is, especially figures & how there should be "cheap ones for the 12 year olds that watch".

.........now she wants a poster aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

The funny thing is, she's complaining about how there's so many damn characters & remembering all the names. "If they're not the main characters, why should I remember". & the fact she has some of THOSE friends that complain if you don't use the word "anime" or "manga".
Redirect her to One Piece.

Anime Wednesday Ratings
Is This A Zombie (Chiller, 12:00-12:30 a.m.) 91,000 viewers; 28,000 adults 18-49
Tokyo Majin (Chiller, 12:30-1:00 a.m.) 54,000 viewers; 14,000 adults 18-49
Devil May Cry (Chiller, 1:00-1:30 a.m.) 42,000 viewers; 7,000 adults 18-49
Black Blood Brothers (Chiller, 1:30-2:00 a.m.) 21,000 viewers; 1,000 adults 18-49

Well....shit.

daveo42

Banned

The best one:
kills1.jpg

I wonder what's considered good for them.

Since officially receiving Nielsen ratings in June 2010, the network is averaging 121,000 viewers, including 49,000 18-49 viewers.

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/horror-chiller-expands-original-slate-126062

Mind you this is an older number (only one I could find on quick notice) but the point is their expectations probably aren't too high. Hard to tell what expectations they had for this considering they announced it the day of a few hours before it aired.

I will take a wild guess and say 90k was probably good, 20k was probably very bad

Guys, if God Eater gets dubbed y'all are gonna want it on Toonami. Seda's favorite VA is one of the really important characters in the English version of the game.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Does he still do anime voiceovers? I thought he got too big like Steve Blum and Troy Baker and sticks to video games or western cartoons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've pretty much thought that way since the timeskip, though actually they start referencing back to things like that for Luffy even before then. Nothing is thrown away background information in One Piece, it's all relevant.

I always thought the Breath of all Things was something different, that it was what Roger had.
It's possible that the concept was turned into Haki.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Crispin Freeman reprised his role as Kyon in the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato. I think he's still in the game to some extent at least.

Honestly, I still want them to go on and adapt more of the Haruhi stuff. It's better than most of the shit that studio puts out anyways.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The next few books are incredible.

I was so happy the day I got my kindle and found out they'd been translated and put on there for a reasonable price. I was big into the fan translation back in the day.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The next few books are incredible.

I was so happy the day I got my kindle and found out they'd been translated and put on there for a reasonable price. I was big into the fan translation back in the day.

Same. I've slowly been going through them. I wish to god they'd do the same with Spice and Wolf. The books are in English, but I need them digitally as I don't have the physical space.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
HE DID?

THIS PRODUCT EXISTS?!?

Yeah, Funimation is simuldubbing it. They pulled in the original cast for it though. Because they're cool. I respect them enough for doing it that I'll probably subscribe to the Funimation dub thingy. Their player's better than Crunchyroll at least.

Don't understand how K-on got the label as the moeshit destroyer of manime when Lucky Star came out a year before it and Lucky Star is terrible. There's no way anyone could think K-On is worse then Chuu2 or KnK or the other shit KyoAni made after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom