• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
During episode 6 of the Mob Psycho 100 stream I caught this:

QLggBnY.png

zulux21

finally got around to setting up my webcam and facerig to goof around.

test one failed horribly but i think test two went a bit better at least lol.

Xe4

Banned
I... kind of liked Valerian. I didn't think it was bad, just average and watchable.

How are the comics, does anyone know?
Edit: Or the show? I've wanted to check out both for a while, but never committed to either.
The movie on the other hand I've had 0 interest in.

cntr

Banned
catching up:

Aw, I missed a chance to make Hunter x Hunter: Sword Art Online jokes! Maybe more next week.

Great episode.

Can't say when this series started that I expected a serious conversation of suited men in an auction house discussing memory cards, blocks, multitaps, and player limits.
Hee.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been playing a lot of Final Fantasy V, Splatoon 2, Arms, Zelda, NSMBU...but tonight one game got its hooks in me like it has for the last 23 years. The original and still the best 4x game ever made, Master of Orion. Some people say Master of Magic is better. It's not. It's more complicated and has some really cool setting bits. Some people say MoO isn't even the best MoO game, that 2 is. 2 has multiplayer and cool mid 90's graphics, but is basically a sequel to MoM in space. Some people say Alpha Centauri is better...nope. It is the best Civ like game though.

Master of Orion is right up there with Breath of the Wild as the most complete single player experience around. The random tech tree and starting positions on the map mean you will never, and I mean ever play the same game twice. Most won't be remotely the same. I won't lie to you and say it's perfectly balanced, it isn't. The races have a gradient and basically act like a second difficulty selector. I've lost with the best races lined up against shitty opponents and won with the worst with all the good races facing me though so it isn't that life changing.

It's greatest feature might be the simplicity of it all. A basic knowledge of math will allow you to convert all of the units of productivity depending on what you want to do. The hotkeys are super useful, the sliders are literally the best tool to micromanagement possible. Very quick. The entire game can be played reasonably well without a mouse, which makes sense for a pc game from the early 1990's.

This game runs like a dream on almost anything that runs dosbox. I could get it going with my original disc images on XP and Vista though but luckily its been on GOG for a dogs age. Super cheap too and bundled with a great but not quite as great game known as Master of Orion 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Besides certain troubling aspects, that Dragon Maid show wasn't bad.
gives new meaning to "rock the dragon" if ya know wut i mean, yuk yuk

also, let it sink in that Genndy Tartakovsky wasn't allowed to make Popeye because Sony wanted to make the Emoji Movie.

LET IT SINK IN DEEEEP.

caliph95

Besides certain troubling aspects, that Dragon Maid show wasn't bad.
it's a lot better than I thought it would be because the poster and some descriptions made it look like animu shenanigans

It was one of the better anime I saw this year even with some otaku pandering

Morlas

aw that's too bad...but i don't want Genndy making children's cartoon movies, i want him to make children's cartoon action shows....on adult swim

Tenumi

Banned
Uh oh. Seems there is a new NGE movie announcement. 3.0 + 1.0 lol

What is it with Evangelion and oddly named movies?

Not gonna be completely caught up for Saturday, but still gonna try to watch live, especially since my cable box still shows the old schedule times.

https://soundcloud.com/toonamishowdown/72217-attack-on-titan-season-2-review

"We're all yelling at each other a lot this week as we look back on Attack on Titan season 2, address Tim having not seen Blade Runner, and try desperately to find some hope in this whole live-action One Piece TV show idea (spoiler: we don't)."

There's a wild spoiler for Luke Cage at the very end of the podcast if that matters to any of you but I left it in and didn't put any warning because I don't think it's pivotal and anyone who cares about that sort of thing and simultaneously hasn't seen the series at this point is just...why.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Amazing.

This is the year AA2 canonically happened, by the way.
So first the final case in the first game comes true, then Lupin makes the circus case from the 2nd game happen.

.....what case is going to become real from the 3rd game?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They'll put their older games on there but all their newer stuff seems totally geared to the PS4/X1 crowd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Like the Mega Man Legacy Collections....wait, no...

It's annoying enough my co-worker seems to question "how come it's not on Nintendo/Switch?" for every other game I talk about with my friend or what I'm playing, but I'm starting to notice about once a month or so, he questions why I haven't been keeping up with the Simpsons....despite numerous times telling him "no, I stopped because they're nowhere near as funny as the older seasons, & I somehow lasted until season 27" & his only response is "but it's funny" despite giving him reasons as to WHY I don't find it funny anymore.

Even more annoying is that's his only response as to why you should watch a comedy, when humor is one of the most subjective forms of opinions because people can develop very different senses of humor based on what they watched & their life experience. Even I understand that not every joke works with every person.

Seda

Random, apparently Blue Exorcist new anime dub wrapped up. I wonder if Toonami will get it next year replacing Lupin or Gundam or Jojo

Seda

tbh i care more about the localizations that aren't happening, i have a pc for most games that don't come to switch hell, i'd even take XX on just 3ds

It's kinda weird. There are more localizations than ever. It seems for most things, only the nichest of niche don't get localizations these days. Like Fuyru or the occasional Marvelous Vita game (and even then Furyu and Marvelous still get a good chunk of their stuff localized). Several Otome and VNs get localized too now, although I know there are an absolute ton of them.

Except for Capcom. Their localization efforts in their key series seem pretty spotty. Monster Hunter World is clearly going for the worldwide market (English footage already, worldwide release, PC version) but XX is just silent. Not to mention Great Ace Attorney.

Neoxon

Random, apparently Blue Exorcist new anime dub wrapped up. I wonder if Toonami will get it next year replacing Lupin or Gundam or Jojo
Stardust Crusaders is gonna go on for 40+ episodes. So unless we get a break in between arcs, I can see Blue Exorcist replacing Lupin.

Seda

JoJo's gonna go on for 40+ episodes. So unless we get a break in between, I can see Blue Exorcist replacing Lupin.

Well the Gundam IBO S2 dub will have wrapped up several months before its actual premiere, so even if any potential slot for Blue Exorcist is quite a ways away, I feel it's a candidate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Great Ace Attorney has the double-fold problem of 1.) unappealing setting/time period to western audience outside the internet fanbase (Okami's sales probably confirmed that feudal japan = not a popular setting with America), & 2.) there's that whole rights issue with Sherlock Holmes.

I want the game as much as the rest of the fans, but I understand why Capcom would be reluctant to localize it, especially when you consider just how much dialogue is in the game.

As for Blue Exorcist, I could see it hitting in 2018. Though I really hope it's more interesting than the original series, which was just the definition of "eeeh, it's okay..."

Stardust Crusaders is gonna go on for 40+ episodes. So unless we get a break in between arcs, I can see Blue Exorcist replacing Lupin.
I should see if DeMarco confirmed if we'd be getting both seasons of Part 3 together or take a break similar to how it aired in Japan. I'm pretty sure since both seasons have aired a while ago, we should get all 40+ episodes at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom