• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Reminder Toonami starts in at 11 tonight and JoJo starts at midnight!

Now sit down and watch!

giphy.gif

Seda

How many people are going to be confused when they jump in tonight at 11:30 and Kai is airing instead of Super.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I would be interested to see how more longform animes could work on the Twitch Stream. Perhaps they could do an entire arc on rotation a day at a time for certain story intensive long running animes to let everyone get in on the action.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we travel to 1987 Japan where a young man named Jotaro Kujo has turned himself in to jail after becoming possessed by a mysterious power, and in order to get him out of jail Jotaro's mother calls in his grandfather: Joseph Joestar. Elsewhere on the block, Vegeta jumps in to take on Frieza with Goku down for the count but it's the evil emperor who has the last laugh, Vegeta here again this time putting everything on the line against Majin Buu, Aogiri invades Cochlea Prison to start a jail break, Gon and Killua show off their newly honed Nen abilities at the Greed Island prospective player screening, Lupin accepts an invitation from Rebecca to meet in Venice to sign their divorce papers but he finds it may really be "till death do us part" after all, an enraged Naruto unleashes the power of the Nine-Tails against Pain, Section 9 has finally revealed the true mastermind behind the corporate terrorism in the Laughing Man incident but the explosive political ramifications threaten to blow the entire squad apart, Attack on Titan reboots to the start of season 2 as it appears the Titans have somehow infiltrated Wall Rose, and the Scotsman leads a raid against Aku's tower.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 26 - A Chance Appears in a Tight Spot! Launch a Counteroffensive, Goku!
8:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 27 - The Earth Explodes?! A Decisive Kamehameha!
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 27 - The Earth Explodes?! A Decisive Kamehameha!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 126 - I Will Deal With the Majin! Vegeta's Final Mortal Combat!
12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 1 - A Man Possessed by an Evil Spirit
12:30 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 4 - Deeper Layers
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 60 - End × And × Beginning
1:30 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 6 - Venice of the Dead
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 167 - Planetary Devastation
2:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 24 - ANNIHILATION
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 26 - Beast Titan
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 57 - XCVI

Tenumi

Banned
Instead of Tokyo Ghoul, they should've put Tanya the Evil in its place. I heard that Monica Rial carried the dub.

The Nazi loli show?

Believe so. Speaking of Nazis in anime, there's apparently something pretty amazingly bad this season...

Got my recordings re-setup. On a funny side note, scrolling through the channels, my box listed "DIY Channel" as "Do Yourself Channel".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*hears about some show called Kakegurui, or Compulsive Gambler* Oh man, this sounds like it'd be up my alley!

*Netflix exclusive*

.......oh.........

So from what I've heard, Netflix tends to be one of the worse places for an anime to be exclusive due to their release schedule or something? I recall hearing this when they got Little Witch Academia.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
*hears about some show called Kakegurui, or Compulsive Gambler* Oh man, this sounds like it'd be up my alley!

*Netflix exclusive*

.......oh.........

So from what I've heard, Netflix tends to be one of the worse places for an anime to be exclusive due to their release schedule or something? I recall hearing this when they got Little Witch Academia.

I think this is why they're just making their own anime at this point. I'm really curious to see how Devil Man turns out under Yuasa. That show could be absolutely bonkers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think this is why they're just making their own anime at this point. I'm really curious to see how Devil Man turns out under Yuasa. That show could be absolutely bonkers.
Another interpretation of a Go Nagai series? Sure, why not, I'd watch that. Enma-Kun was NUTS, especially the final episode.

But yeah, this is why I have trouble deciding what service I should go with because I don't want to have to deal with multiple subscriptions. I'd rather just have one (though VRV seems tempting since I'd have both Funimation AND Crunchyroll) to save money & not have to figure out "okay, so this series is on service A, but service B has this."

Need to figure this out soon because my first year with Charter is almost coming up & I have a feeling they're gonna jack my TV/internet/phone combo price up when I don't use the phone & I might have to give the TV up and just go with PS Vue to keep the cost down.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I look forward to listening to the debates. I enjoyed the Toonami Showdown doing this, this should be also fun.

Same rules apply, only shows that finished their run?

Xe4

Banned
I'm just looking forward to Lu Over the Wall right now. That film looks amazing. Hopefully it gets picked up by GKids or someone who gives enough of a fuck to give it an Oscar push, cause I think it could get a nomination (unless the rule changes fuck it).

Because I think there are probably Big O fans here.

Source.
Cool!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Plus we divided JoJo Parts 1 & 2, and Samurai Jack Seasons 1-4 and 5
Fair enough, when seasons are so far apart or are different enough to stand on their own.

It's everything shown so far, except Super and Lupin.
Ahh, because of their high episode counts? Fair enough as well.

I'm tempted to go back & rewatch the first episode of Jojo Part 3 just to see if tonight's premiere will just use that test dub from a few years ago or if Viz went back & changed anything.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Totally agree with the rules/restrictions you guys had. I'm guessing Kai & Kai: Final Chapters were separate?

So how many shows did you guys have to talk about? 50ish?

So there are two ED's for the
Chimera Ant arc.
The first one I don't like, but the second one is pretty damn good, which is the one I think Moradin was talking about.

ckohler

45 "shows" in the list. Keep posting because I'd like the list to be on the next page (lol). I'm processing the audio of part two now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Totally agree with the rules/restrictions you guys had. I'm guessing Kai & Kai: Final Chapters were separate?

So how many shows did you guys have to talk about? 50ish?

Kai was all one thing. Honestly, I thought the list would be a lot longer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks the name changes for Part 3*

So if I'm correct, we won't hear our first true name change until ep. 8. & I think for the most part, they're the same names used when Viz localized the manga back in the '90s & for All-Star Battle/Eyes of Heaven (which also used some of the Viz names).

It's still weird that Namco refuses to use Polnareff, yet Capcom had no trouble, even in the XBLA/PSN port of the game, and from what I've heard, Viz used it in the dub.

I don't think I'll bring up the changes where they just slightly altered a letter or two where it still sounds the same just because they're not as big/interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom