• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami should really re-air Black Lagoon.
Man, if Black Lagoon somehow got the rerun slot after GitS, that would be amazing.

I probably should accept the fact I can't get the LE anymore & should get focus on getting both seasons + the OVAs bundled together.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
cntr discovered that the schedule for the week after GitS S1 finishes is blank for Toonami hours, so maybe 2nd Gig isn't airing & we're getting something else instead?

cntr

Banned
cntr discovered that the schedule for the week after GitS S1 finishes is blank for Toonami hours, so maybe 2nd Gig isn't airing & we're getting something else instead?
Note: Jack's also missing, despite not being part of Toonami technically.

So something might be up.

BBboy20

I take it plenty of completed manga series don't get all-in-one packaged versions? Pluto seems complete but also seems to be sold in individual volumes only.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I imagine not since so many are too long to be put into a single volume. I know Azumanga Daioh got one (I have it), but it was also only 4 volumes.

Samurai Champloo got one, & I want to say FLCL, as both were only 2 volumes.

Usually, they go the Omnibus route of "here's 3 volumes in one"

Moaradin

Finished watching IBO S2 over the past few days. The second season is very good and I'm definitely glad Toonami decided to pick it up, but man
the show is a bummer lol. The IBO and HxH CA arc depression hour is gonna be fun.

cntr

Banned
Finished watching IBO S2 over the past few days. The second season is very good and I'm definitely glad Toonami decided to pick it up, but man
the show is a bummer lol. The IBO and HxH CA arc depression hour is gonna be fun.
Good to hear.

That's gonna be amazing.

I really need to see IBO then. I've only seen like two eps. The HxH dub crew is going to have to dig deep for certain
CA arc
scenes though.

cntr

Banned
Season 1 starts out really good and ends really good, but the middle section...it's rough, let's say. I haven't watched Season 2, but I've heard a lot of praise for it.

There was a rumor that IBO was written as a single season, but it got lengthened into two seasons after Reconguista was shortened, so those Season 1 arcs were basically filler. It'd explain a lot, but who knows.

Oh, and Mikazuki is great, he's like the anti-Banagher. Best protagonist Gundam's had since...a very long time.

Moaradin

I didn't really feel like there was any weak sections of IBO S2 (definitely not on the same level as dort and the space pirates), though I did watch all of it at once instead of weekly so who knows. If you thought the show was going in an interesting direction at the end of season 1, then you'll probably really like it. It definitely commits to the type of story it's trying to tell and I really respect it for that.

There is a character that gives Riddhe a run for fuckboi status, but luckily the show does a much better job with him than Unicorn does.

The secret thing about IBO is
it was a fucking Mob story with Giant Robots the entire time. And Mob stories almost never have happy endings. :p

Moaradin

I'm actually pretty shocked at how divided people seem to be about the ending. I thought it was the Gundam show that nailed the ending the best from the ones that I've seen (which is admittedly not a lot)

I'm actually pretty shocked at how divided people seem to be about the ending. I thought it was the Gundam show that nailed the ending the best from the ones that I've seen (which is admittedly not a lot)

I've grown to like the ending more in retrospect but at the time it aired I didn't know how to feel.
In hindsight, I've realized that it would've been a massive ass-pull for Tekkadan to escape scottfree.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
A whole episode Of Stardust Crusaders without an single ORA is a sad day. At least it was in the bump

Morlas

next week:

tumblr_o65bxtgXav1rd4ymxo2_500.gif

Seda

So how many people are going to be upset when the first ORAORA moment happens and it doesn't sound exactly like the original version.

Raxus

I am just happy we get to have oraoraoraora's on screen period.

Spoilers for a fight later in the series.

Hope Matt nails it on Steely Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom