• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

is there actually a bad episode of bebop? i don't think so

There really are no bad episodes. My least favorite was probably Wild Horses and even that, like all episodes, has its moments like spike floating in space and moving with his gun.

Shit I forgot about the Feng Shui episode. That one for sure. Same rule applies as above.

Morlas

63096f493720164df20032f4d17510534be70a7e_hq.gif

I think FMA 2003 handled the Homunculi better personally, same with that fucked up Nina scene since Brotherhood rushed that shit, better handling of Shou Tucker cause Huber played it great and that's all I can think of. I have to applaud Brotherhood for adding more badass females though.

To be honest, from the comments you guys are making, Brotherhood sounds more and more like it was a bad adaptation. Not a single one of these things were an issue in the manga.

Which is par for the course for anime adaptations, but still.

They didn't Rush the Nina scene, the 03 anime dragged it out with needless filler. It was 1 chapter in the manga, it was 1 episode in the brotherhood anime.

And the only part of brotherhood you could remotely classify as a "bad" adaptation is the first few episodes where episode 1 is filler and some minor one off adventures from the early manga are skipped. After that it's basically the perfect adapation of the manga you could want.

As per usual 03 stans make brotherhood sound worse then it is when its legit amazing.

There really are no bad episodes. My least favorite was probably Wild Horses and even that, like all episodes, has its moments like spike floating in space and moving with his gun.

Shit I forgot about the Feng Shui episode. That one for sure. Same rule applies as above.

Boogie woogi feng shui is not a good episode

They didn't Rush the Nina scene, the 03 anime dragged it out with needless filler. It was 1 chapter in the manga, it was 1 episode in the brotherhood anime.

And the only part of brotherhood you could remotely classify as a "bad" adaptation is the first few episodes where episode 1 is filler and some minor one off adventures from the early manga are skipped. After that it's basically the perfect adapation of the manga you could want.

As per usual 03 stans make brotherhood sound worse then it is when its legit amazing.

Boogie woogi feng shui is not a good episode
You can't label me a 2003 Stan since I haven't seen the show since 2005 or 06 and I own Brotherhood on Blu Ray and do prefer it to the 03 series. I have quibbling complaints but it's mainly revolving around me just liking the non canon addition to Shou Tucker getting turned into a Chimera since I prefer that version of the character. That and I thought the Homuncli were creepier. I've stated numerous times on here that Brotherhood is a great show and still suggested that CNTR should watch it. I like both shows but I do like the additional cast members in Brotherhood a lot better. Ling's crew, Greed's crew and Armstrong's sister are great characters.

I...got nothing out of either of the Nina × Alexander-Chimera scenes. *shrug*
Could be because I would hardly watch anything other than Gash (Zatch) Bell back in the day when it came to Toonami. So, there is no impactful nostalgia there for me - like with how I mainly grew up with the DBZ games and not much of anime-DBZ outside its Buu saga

I suppose I'll heed cntr's advice, but then still watch them both through later.

I will say though that so far Brotherhood did grab me a bit more in its first 4 episodes compared with 03's first 10-ish episodes.

On the side I might forever associate FMA (03) with s'mores, as that's what I was snacking on when a friend was trying to get through it with me nearly a decade back

Also I am pretty sure FMA '03 aired when I was still being forced to go to bed as early as possible, and I never got to have a TV with cable in my room at the time so there was like no getting around that. And then when the time came where I could finally watch it I was a picky high schooler/freshman college student
and only felt like watching it with s'mores on hand
with a pickier friend suggesting to watch it with him who, at the time, had questionable taste + limited knowledge of FMA let alone anime itself

cntr

Banned
It's pretty rare for media acquisitions to have direct interference from the new parent company, since that almost never turns out well.

(Well, unless they're morons, which they probably aren't in this case.)

Regiruler

give me an actual remake of DBZ, movie quality the entire way through...one can dream

If any anime needs a better budget, it's yugioh. Any of them: they drag them the fuck out because it's every single week for 3 years at a time.

When there's time and resources yugioh can look really good as Dark Side of Dimensions proves (such a beautiful movie).

cntr

Banned
Either make it a general HxH RPG or have it be a make-your-own-character thing set on Greed Island. Both would work.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have the SA2 soundtrack that Tokyopop put out. While it's not the complete soundtrack (there's a decent amount of songs left out) & I think the sound quality is a bit low, damn it, I listened to that as a lot as a kid. Heck, just last year or so, I found it & it still worked when I put it in my car's CD player.

....& now I'm reminded Sonic Mania won't have a CD for its soundtrack, damn it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really hoping for a demo. I rather liked Valkyria Chronicles for giving me more control over my character & attacks in a tactical RPG, but Codename Steam showed me it can be done....not wrong, per say, but rather dull.

I've never played a XCOM-style game (does VC count?), so I have no idea if the gameplay will click for me, even if it appears to be shaping up to be a rather good surprise of the year.

My main issue is after Sonic Mania's LE, Sept. & Oct. are going to be packed for me & I don't know if I can get any more games at launch, especially since I have to deal with getting car insurance the same week I had to cut back on hours at work due to it being slower for the time being.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wonder if they can finish the story in the next season. Manga seems to be wrapping up. I can see a 25 episode season covering everything.

If its 25 episodes they could do it but it would be impossible in 12 episodes. Still season 2 should be awesome as the villains are far better.
Keiji Mogami is gonna be crazy to see

Moaradin

12 episodes would be able to end at a good spot with the
second claw
arc, but I can see them going past that if the manga is actually ending like a lot of people seem to believe.

Moaradin

Isn't ONE resorting to decimal numbered chapters so that he can end the series on Chapter 100?

That's what it seems like. The last couple chapters have been pretty much volume length. Plus mostly everything has been getting wrapped up. Have no idea where the series could even go after this current arc.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
That's what it seems like. The last couple chapters have been pretty much volume length. Plus mostly everything has been getting wrapped up. Have no idea where the series could even go after this current arc.

There are still some things that haven't been dealt with but ONE seems to be burning through a lot of those at the moment so it could very well be the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom