• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

It also occurs to me that toei really screwed up supers international release schedule I mean there's no reason we should be a year and a half behind the Japan broadcast

A few months back I heard there would be "Big News" in regards to both FUNimation & Super at the same time, and umm...?
Nothing so far?

I was speculating at the time we would get two new episodes premiering per week once Samurai Jack concluded, but no I guess

cntr

Banned
Tsurezure Children. The anime adaptation recently started airing for this season and I've been enjoying it so much I started reading the manga.

It basically follows an ensemble cast set in high school focusing on the different romances. It's pretty funny overall.
I've heard good things about that series. Specifically, that it's one of those series that's actually about romance as opposed to "romance".

Definitely on my to-read list.

Xe4

Banned
Ratings are going to continue to be down YOY until Nielson gets its head out of its own ass and takes into consideration streaming. It's how the vast majority of TV watching in the future will be done anyways.

cntr

Banned
Nielsen is going to be unreliable until they sort that shit out, yeah. And on the other hand, Demarco's explicitly said that Toonami's not in trouble, and we basically got a block expansion.

So those two things put together probably mean that Toonami's doing better than what Nielsen's saying.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"who's gonna listen to us talk for 4 hours about show rankings?"

Meeeeeeeeee.

Also you guys forgot to rank Sand Whale & Me, I need to know where it places on the list.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Netflix going all out on the anime front. Devil Man, Baki the Grappler, Saint Seiya, Godzilla and so on. Damn that is a good line up.

HStallion

I didn't even know anyone was working on a new Baki anime. I can't wait. The fact that they have all these animes based on some classics as well as some strong looking new material seems to show they're going all especially combined with projects like Castlevania.

I always joke about a Netflix Berserk anime but its honestly looking like more of a possibility than ever.

cntr

Banned
We'd have to wait for the current license to expire but I'd be so down for that. Either live-action or animated.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Summer is always the lowest ratings time of year, last summer with opm was kind of an abnormal situation

These are still garbage tier numbers even when taking that into account. The viewership numbers aren't really the thing to look at. The real indicator is the ratings share. That's (in very simplified terms) the percentage of people actually watching TV at that time who are watching that show, which takes most of the "well, people aren't really watching in the summer" factor out of it. 0.2s are straight up awful.

HStallion

These are still garbage tier numbers even when taking that into account. The viewership numbers aren't really the thing to look at. The real indicator is the ratings share. That's (in very simplified terms) the percentage of people actually watching TV at that time who are watching that show, which takes most of the "well, people aren't really watching in the summer" factor out of it. 0.2s are straight up awful.

Everyone I know who does or would watch Toonami has moved onto services like PS Vue which apparently isn't counted by Nielson yet. I'm willing to bet that is the case for many people and part of the reason the numbers look as low as they are.

cntr

Banned
Well, Toonami's been getting major premiers and two separate schedule expansions. Nothing bad has actually happened yet.

So Toonami must be doing something to please Adult Swim, whatever Nielsen's ratings say.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone I know who does or would watch Toonami has moved onto services like PS Vue which apparently isn't counted by Nielson yet. I'm willing to bet that is the case for many people and part of the reason the numbers look as low as they are.

Yeah, this is kind of key. There are lots of other metrics as well like Adult Swim's livestream and other platforms, which would give a more complete picture of what their audience actually looks like that they have access to and the general public does not.

Their live TV audience, though, is looking pretty shit at the moment.

Morlas

toonami heavily skews towards people who were born in the late 80s and through the 90s right? isn't that demo also one of the most likely not to have cable nowadays?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
guys should... should I watch Naruto?

Like, the original, not Shippuden. Apparently Netflix has all the canon stuff because the last third was all filler.

Is it worth it?

cntr

Banned
I prefer the manga, but yeah the original anime is pretty good. Pierrot hadn't descended into shit by then. Skip the filler, tho.

(Except for the episode with Kakashi's mask, that shit's nearly DBZ driving license-tier.)

Morlas

guys should... should I watch Naruto?

Like, the original, not Shippuden. Apparently Netflix has all the canon stuff because the last third was all filler.

Is it worth it?

hmmm if you ever find yourself enjoying shippuden and its characters at all i'd say yes, its much more consistently good

Morlas

anime always makes ramen look so good...never had the cheap storebought kind

tumblr_inline_nqvig2uDjS1t4b5gt_500.gif

Raxus

The store bought kind is kinda shitty, if you know an actual place odds are you'll have a good time though.

Also, LOL at Hinata somehow eating more than Naruto.

Hell yea. Restraunt ramen is so chewy and thick. It is aces.

....shit now I want ramen.

cntr

Banned
I wish I could find some decent ramen here. Only thing anybody sells here is instant noodles, which I guess are good enough if you prepare them right, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom