• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so this has nothing to do with where this thread is now, but I just want to say that Attack on Titan season 2 was fantastic

just loved it
Quite possibly the best surprise of the year.

.........well, 2nd surprise since I now think that honor goes to "Outlaw Star returning in HD"

Morlas

f8d71f419e4160238115de89ae370e27.gif

dan2026

As mentioned, in ep. 23 (i.e. the episode they had to skip back in the day due to all the suggestive themes & partial nudity), there's a brief scene with nipples they'd have to blur/cut out, but yeah, considering it'd be on Adult Swim & it's 2017, I really don't know why they'd have a lot of issues/feel as though there's more to censor, especially considering we got Kill la Kill which aired earlier in the night.

I'm surprised they have to censor nudity.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I imagine they won't have to deal with digital bikinis or whatever compared back to 2001. Again, the only real issue is with one or two scenes in ep. 23.

Hell, I wonder if they'll push the whole "Unedited for the first time on Toonami" like they did with Naruto.

cntr

Banned
Oh yeah that reminds me, something I forgot to mention earlier: in the Japanese version version of Battle Tendency, the hot dog vendor at the beginning mentions Joseph's British accent. Which he doesn't have. Because it's in Japanese.

So the SDC dub's just keeping it up.

Seda

I didn't watch it but IIRC, they adjusted the "camera" to put some stuff off-screen, like Ryuko's butt getting whipped by Gamagoori.
god I felt dumb just typing that out

I don't think anything was cut down aside from the bath scene with Satsuki and her mom, but that's probably for the better tbh.

Kill la Kill was kinda weird because the Gamagoori episode was the first with 'significant' edits that seemed overboard, but a most of the rest was left alone.

Found an old post of mine that detailed some of the things Adult Swim has censored in nu-Toonami era.

General:
-Words like 'fuck', 'cocksucker', and 'dick'
-blurred or removed nipples (Space Dandy, Samurai Champloo, probably another I'm forgetting)

Black Lagoon:
-3 second scene with children in pools of blood
-OVA spoilers?
(the Revy childhood rape scene is in Roberta's Blood Trail, right?)

Hellsing Ultimate:
-Necrophilia scene

Kill la Kill:
-Crop of Ryuko getting whipped by Gamagori (this one was probably the oddest choice)
-Same episode as above, ~15 seconds of Ryuko getting propped up in a suggestive pose
-Cropped close up of Ryuko's torso somewhere early on in the tournament arc I believe
-Satsuki and Mom time in bath (this was probably the largest cut and expected)
-I believe Satsuki getting 'touched' while locked up was also cut by like a second
-Probably something else I'm forgetting.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's also the 284 bleeps in Black Lagoon.

Edit: Durp, that falls into the very first thing you mentioned.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kill la Kill was kinda weird because the Gamagoori episode was the first with 'significant' edits that seemed overboard, but a most of the rest was left alone.

Found an old post of mine that detailed some of the things Adult Swim has censored in nu-Toonami era.

They didn't show the Black Lagoon OVA, so how was it censored?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sorry I'm asking a question to myself there. I remember NOT seeing that scene on Toonami but remembered it wasn't shown because the OVA wasn't aired, lol.

I mean, yea that scene would totally be censored if it aired. Just had me confused for a second, thought I missed it somehow.

Moaradin

Have they censored anything in HxH?
That show starts to get real grim as the arcs go on.

No, and they probably won't. I can't think of any violence related things getting censored for nu-Toonami. It's usually just language and nudity. I'll be surprised if there isn't a few TV-MA episodes though.

Seda

I posted this pretty recently but schedule has shifted a little so I'm reposting

Tokyo Ghoul: September 23
Attack on Titan S2 (rerun): October 14
Lupin the 3rd: December 16
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: August 12 (1st season)
Outlaw Star: February 10, 2018
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (Season 2): March 17, 2018
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: May 12, 2018
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: June 23, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: June 6, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌

There's also the 284 bleeps in Black Lagoon.

Edit: Durp, that falls into the very first thing you mentioned.

Speaking of, Deadman Wonderland also had a lot of bleeps.

I didn't watch it but IIRC, they adjusted the "camera" to put some stuff off-screen, like Ryuko's butt getting whipped by Gamagoori.
god I felt dumb just typing that out

I don't think anything was cut down aside from the bath scene with Satsuki and her mom, but that's probably for the better tbh.

Kill la Kill is a series that I want to say is better in context, but then that bath scene happens and I'm like Gigguk, "Yep, they've lost their way." lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eeeh, kind of.

Episode 1: 6
Episode 2: 12
Episode 3: 6
Episode 4: 9
Episode 5: 8
Episode 6: 21
Episodes 7 through 12: 0

Though in comparison to Black Lagoon's first 6 episodes, there was only 29 bleeps.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Outlaw Star has a lot of robbit nudity, like almost every single episode.

It also has awful animation in the last third or so.

caliph95

Kill la Kill is a series that I want to say is better in context, but then that bath scene happens and I'm like Gigguk, "Yep, they've lost their way." lol
It's only slightly better in context and is still animu and I really enjoy
Don't love it as some people do

It's not a show I would recommend unless I know someone's anime taste and tolerance for fanservice

Eeeh, kind of.

Episode 1: 6
Episode 2: 12
Episode 3: 6
Episode 4: 9
Episode 5: 8
Episode 6: 21
Episodes 7 through 12: 0

Though in comparison to Black Lagoon's first 6 episodes, there was only 29 bleeps.

That ended up being less than how I remembered it. Guess I was just thinking of that one scene when the MC had to fight the one pyscho chick and it felt like half of what she was saying got bleeped out.

It's only slightly better in context and is still animu and I really enjoy
Don't love it as some people do

It's not a show I would recommend unless I know someone's anime taste and tolerance for fanservice

I like it quite a bit myself. But yeah, it's kind of up there with Prison School where I go "Proceed with caution" if I am recommending it.

Seda

'jack off into a bottle of formaldehyde and call it our first born' still one of the best(?) lines to grace the block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom