• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah that reminds me, something I forgot to mention earlier: in the Japanese version version of Battle Tendency, the hot dog vendor at the beginning mentions Joseph's British accent. Which he doesn't have. Because it's in Japanese.

So the SDC dub's just keeping it up.

I've heard one of the characters of Sherlock Hound/Meitantei Holmes speaking Japanese, yet with an Irish accent. Same with (later JoJo spoilers)
Trussardi in Part 4 having an Italian accent

cntr

Banned
I've heard one of the characters of Sherlock Hound/Meitantei Holmes speaking Japanese, yet with an Irish accent. Same with (later JoJo spoilers)
Trussardi in Part 4 having an Italian accent
Don't know about the Irish thing, but
Tonio has a generic Japanese stereotype foreign accent, not specifically Italian.

Morlas

One needs to have their souls forged in the fires of perversion in order to not be bothered by Kill La Kill.
fa23c84f4fd7cf1a9b5eee937184744a82c1472a_hq.gif

So I actually recently did a watch of Outlaw Star and honestly I think it's just okay. I'm looking forward to group watching it but I think just like with Gundam Wing it's definitely one of those series that gets propped up due to Nostalgia Filter.

Grexeno

I posted this pretty recently but schedule has shifted a little so I'm reposting

Tokyo Ghoul: September 23
Attack on Titan S2 (rerun): October 14
Lupin the 3rd: December 16
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: August 12 (1st season)
Outlaw Star: February 10, 2018
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (Season 2): March 17, 2018
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: May 12, 2018
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: June 23, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: June 6, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌
I'm going to make a bunch of show predictions:

Attack on Titan S2 >>> Space Dandy (only the first season before the slot gets lost to make room for FLCL)
Lupin >>> Mob Psycho 100
Outlaw Star >>> S.A.C. S2
IBO >>> My Hero Academia
Kai >>> Fairy Tail or Boruto (or they just.......drop a slot)
Stardust Crusaders >>> Diamond is Unbreakable (yeah that's right straight into Part 4)

cntr

Banned
Don't know if FLCL is that far away though
I mean, I don't think they'll replace Kai with FLCL immediately, but I don't think they'd just replace it with another long runner when they could use it to show FLCL.

...though I could also see them just moving Super back and putting FLCL at the front when it happens.

Morlas

my parents never let me stay up late when i was that age so i never got to watch but a little of outlaw star, looking forward to it.

I'm going to make a bunch of show predictions:

Attack on Titan S2 >>> Space Dandy (only the first season before the slot gets lost to make room for FLCL)
Lupin >>> Mob Psycho 100
Outlaw Star >>> S.A.C. S2
IBO >>> My Hero Academia
Kai >>> Fairy Tail or Boruto (or they just.......drop a slot)
Stardust Crusaders >>> Diamond is Unbreakable (yeah that's right straight into Part 4)

AOT2 (rerun) --> Ghost in the Shell: 2nd GIG
Lupin --> Mob Psycho 100
Outlaw Star --> Trigun
IBO2 --> FLCL 2 --> Attack on Titan S3
DBZ Kai --> My Hero Academia
JJBA: SDC --> FLCL3 --> JJBA: DIU

Attack on Titan Season 3 will start airing in Japan next April and Funimation will likely dub it again about 3 or 4 weeks behind the Japanese broadcast. I could see AOT3 airing after the FLCL2 broadcast then.

My Hero Academia honestly seems like the perfect replacement series for Kai to follow up Super. By that point it'll have 38 episodes dubbed, potentially more if Bones ends up doing another season production next year.

Considering how long it took Viz to finally finish the SDC dub, I don't expect a Diamond is Unbreakable dub to be finished into right off it's heels. so I can see a series sandwiched in-between the two.

So Rick and Morty is a good show that occasionally stumbles, in my opinion, when it does a "Here's Rick and Morty in X franchise" episode.

Xe4

Banned
Just woke up to Outlaw Star hype!
tumblr_n26rfcIz5l1rdfsmyo1_500.gif

↑ Best character right there. Anyone who says otherwise is dead wrong. ↑

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh it just occurred to me that Outlaw Star was probably the Comic Con announcement that was pulled at the last second.
Considering it's a Sunrise production, that would make sense.

Now when are we gonna get the spin-off, Angel Links?

Morlas

First time posting here.

Does anyone here remember Rave Master? I don't remember much beyond the dumb mascot animal and the side kick girl was hot.

yes i remember it, it was when mashima(the author) gave a crap about delivering a good story rather than the blandness that was fairy tail

You know between this, Escaflowne, Gundam Wing and G Gundam you could do a long stretch of remastered classics.

I think Escaflowne is just a matter of when not if

Wing and G Gundam I'm more iffy on. Both are shows that would air for a year and probably aren't cheap to get becuase Gundam. Are you really gonna spend money to air an expensive gundam show at the end of the block? Wing could probably be carried by nostalgia.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Remember when someone decided "hey, know who we should get to do the OP for Rave Master?

REEL BIG FISH"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom