• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when someone decided "hey, know who we should get to do the OP for Rave Master?

REEL BIG FISH"

Time for Rave-olution! :p

Really weird band to pick for an anime opening for an English dub, honestly, in my opinion. I say this as someone that loves ska/ska-punk bands.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Leaked image of Dio Brando's Part 3 appearance.

OXN536f.png

Very Toonami related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WogeSsSL-4 Butch Hartman, creator of Fairly Oddparents, draws famous anime characters. Stick around to the end.

My good friend had been interning at Nickelodeon Studios of Burbank last year, working real close to Butch's office, if not, actually inside it. I wonder if that played a part in this lol

Butch had caught him watching JoJo Part IV, and asked him what it was

So, this is the same friend who got me into One Piece & HxH, to which I myself later convinced him that JoJo is also great, and we're both just getting into MHA. Yeah, he's gotten me into quite a few shonen series
He's told me a lot about the animation studios over in Japan, which is why I know a bit about them and how well a portion of them usually do with their aquisitions.

cntr

Banned
Oh it just occurred to me that Outlaw Star was probably the Comic Con announcement that was pulled at the last second.
yeah someone asked Demarco about it on Twitter, and it was

Does anyone here remember Rave Master? I don't remember much beyond the dumb mascot animal and the side kick girl was hot.
I hear the manga's a pretty decent shounen. Might read it some day.

...that dub opening is one of the greatest of openings, yo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so how come goku never used that again?

or combine it with the kamehameha that he does with his hands to make a bigger/more powerful kamehameha

or teach it to gohan

Very Toonami related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WogeSsSL-4 Butch Hartman, creator of Fairly Oddparents, draws famous anime characters. Stick around to the end.
For some reason, his art style just isn't doing it for me anymore (I enjoyed Fairy Oddparents as a kid, but then Poof happened & started to go downhill), & I think it's the eyes. Like, Jotaro is fine, but something about Saitama & Gon just...don't sit right with me.

But it's still rather neat that such a guy actually drew someone like Jotaro or Gon.

But it's still rather neat that such a guy actually drew someone like Jotaro or Gon.

It is likely you can thank my friend for that :x

I hear there is quite a bit of controversy surrounding either Butch Hartman, FOP, or both...(haven't bothered telling said friend about this)

And I do agree about the Gon drawing. There are like 3 variations so far to how Gon is drawn, and so many artists go with the first look that's based on like the Volume 1 cover art(s) + the main 2011 anime poster which turns so many peeps (including me back then) away from getting into HxH.

3bca8630f3e2c4e0edf017439e19f41fc703ba66_hq.jpg

Not the best comparison-example I could find for now, but it's something. You will see Gon gradually start to match with his appearance on the right more as we delve into the coming sagas

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*watches first video of him drawing anime character*

Yeah, I think it's just those eyes. The eyes on Totoro are kind of unsettling. I don't know how to fully explain why it feels so off for me. Though for some reason, they work on Naruto & Speed Racer. Maybe it's due to how the original character design looked & how well it transfers to his art style?

caliph95

When they post catperson gifs they are not sending their best they are sending furries, waifus and some I assume are good characters

caliph95

Sounds like someone can't handle the CTARL-CTARL.
Did someone mentions CTARL-CTARL Empire , those shouldn't dare take mighty CTARL-CTARL Empire or face wrath from the CTARL-CTARL Empire and be destroyed by the might of the CTARL-CTARL Empire .
Btw I'm from the CTARL-CTARL Empire

caliph95

I'm honestly surprised she never punched through a person in that show. She stronk as fuck. Either she holds back a lot or people are just really durable in Outlaw Star.
They made a deal that so she couldn't enter a tournament because a crtal kill like at least a hundred people when she went berserk.
I assume she's just holding back

Ray Down

Banned
In a good or Bleach way?

A Bleach way, looking through the stuff, done right this could have made for some interesting material, though Kubo didn't bother to flesh out his world or the final arc at all and it reads like someone else has to make up for that.

Its hilarious.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been Tsukashima best friends with all of you since we were young for so long now I've forgotten who I truly am.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Who wants to make me an avatar I'll use FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE MONTH?

You'll never get a chance to change who I am superficially for longer than this.

I'll pick THE MOST POPULAR choice.

The rules

Must be properly formatted
Must not get me banned
Must be submitted before TOONAMI begins

I think I'm about to beat Prey, and it's one of those games for me that I think is average. Not because it's a truly mediocre experience, but more because for everything I like about the game there's something just fucking baffling about it.

cntr

Banned

You'll never get a chance to change who I am superficially for longer than this.

The rules

Must not get me banned
wait a sec

Seda

The rules

Must not get me banned

waavatar6ws6g.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom