• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MqtXst3.png

A kite Avatar?!?

I also like but don't recognize what Seda threw down.

It's not my choice this time though, it's popular vote.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...WAIT A MINUTE. It's whats her face from Wild Arms. I couldn't recognize her on my phone but now I'm back on a PC.

Is Wild Arms 3 good?

I remember getting to a point in that game where I had to cast magic in a specific order to break off armor from enemies.

I gave up for some reason after that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wild Arms is reverse Star Trek movies. Odd ones are good. Even ones are bad. Like Star Trek I think this becomes meaningless after awhile when they all sucked.

Seda

Is Wild Arms 3 good?

I remember getting to a point in that game where I had to cast magic in a specific order to break off armor from enemies.

I gave up for some reason after that.

I absolutely adore it although it's not an easy game to recommend. Adheres to a very particular set of tastes, I feel.

caliph95

Pakunoda
Mochi
Melody
Girl who keeps appearing in the OP & ED
that travel guide woman
.....Neon, I guess.
.........Guy Who Controls Dogs' girlfriend????
Shizuki
Kurapica
Bee girl
Killua's mom
The young black zoldyk butler
That woman who controls by kissing and dies

We get few more in later arcs

cntr

Banned
HxH doesn't have as many women as it should, but the ones it does have tend to be fantastic.

Especially the one this arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quick rundown of the Jojo blu-ray:

- The packaging is absolutely fantastic & stores all the items that came with the LE in a box. Not to mention the reverse side of the BD cover has the same pattern as the bandanna.
- Each disc holds 6 or 7 episodes, where as that awful WB DVD release crammed Part 1 into a single DVD, then split Part 2 into 2 DVDs, meaning each DVD held 8 or 9 episodes.
- Storyboard book is also great, each episode has a comment from the director, including what his favorite scene was from Part 1. Just a shame he didn't do that for Part 2.
- The bandanna I got for ordering from RightStuf was separate from the LE (which makes sense, it was only available from their site) was a nice bonus. I don't think I'd ever wear it, but as a Jojo fan, it's a nice little collectible.
- You can choose between just English, English with subtitles, English with "songs & signs", or Japanese with subs. Nice to see there's an option that pleases everyone....though "English with subtitles" means "English with the subtitles that go with the Japanese version" & there's no subtitles for the ED
- The only extras are on the last disc & are an art gallery (storyboard designs & final color versions of characters, promotional stuff, etc.), clean OP/ED, & trailers for a Bleach Blu-Ray set, Death Note: Omega Edition, Naruto The Movie - Boruto (so....Boruto the Movie??), and Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow)
- I got a $5 off 1 year digital subscription for Shonen Jump. Eeh, I won't use it, but a nice little discount.

My package also had an advertisement flyer for the Shokugeki no Soma LE, which is tempting for all the content but not for the price Sentai is asking for....also it's Sentai & the same ADR Director who did Akame ga Kill & Parasyte, so I have little faith in the dub.

But anyways, Viz did an amazing job, going far & beyond WB's lazy release. I cannot wait to see the LEs for Parts 3 & 4.

Quick rundown of the Jojo blu-ray:

- The packaging is absolutely fantastic & stores all the items that came with the LE in a box. Not to mention the reverse side of the BD cover has the same pattern as the bandanna.
- Each disc holds 6 or 7 episodes, where as that awful WB DVD release crammed Part 1 into a single DVD, then split Part 2 into 2 DVDs, meaning each DVD held 8 or 9 episodes.
- Storyboard book is also great, each episode has a comment from the director, including what his favorite scene was from Part 1. Just a shame he didn't do that for Part 2.
- The bandanna I got for ordering from RightStuf was separate from the LE (which makes sense, it was only available from their site) was a nice bonus. I don't think I'd ever wear it, but as a Jojo fan, it's a nice little collectible.
- You can choose between just English, English with subtitles, English with "songs & signs", or Japanese with subs. Nice to see there's an option that pleases everyone....though "English with subtitles" means "English with the subtitles that go with the Japanese version" & there's no subtitles for the ED
- The only extras are on the last disc & are an art gallery (storyboard designs & final color versions of characters, promotional stuff, etc.), clean OP/ED, & trailers for a Bleach Blu-Ray set, Death Note: Omega Edition, Naruto The Movie - Boruto (so....Boruto the Movie??), and Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow)
- I got a $5 off 1 year digital subscription for Shonen Jump. Eeh, I won't use it, but a nice little discount.

My package also had an advertisement flyer for the Shokugeki no Soma LE, which is tempting for all the content but not for the price Sentai is asking for....also it's Sentai & the same ADR Director who did Akame ga Kill & Parasyte, so I have little faith in the dub.

But anyways, Viz did an amazing job, going far & beyond WB's lazy release. I cannot wait to see the LEs for Parts 3 & 4.
if you really don't want that 5 dollars off Shonen Jump coupon i'd be glad to take it off your hands.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sent. I don't even think it's an unique code, just something they insert into all copies of their DVDs/BD since it has "16" in the code, so I'm guessing they've been using it for well over a year.

But either way, as someone who almost never buys stuff on DVD/BD, rather pleased with this release. Kind of a bummer I looked up what Japan got with their releases (though granted, they got 3 episodes per release) & they got some neat stuff like t-shirts, earbuds, keychains/straps, a freakin' USB stick based on Santana from Part 2, a RAINCOAT, etc. but I get that it was meant to be a bonus for having such small episode counts per release.

cntr

Banned
Dragonball is extremely low-tier. I'd probably rank even Naruto and Bleach higher than Dragonball, let alone stuff like Hunter x Hunter, Stone Ocean, or Fullmetal Alchemist.

cntr

Banned
Hyperbole aside, from what I hear, it's a combination of the writers who grew up with the original series coming on board + Pokemon turning into a retirement show for veteran animators.

So I finally got to see Wonder Woman today. My God, it was so much better than Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman. Just finally getting a DC character who gets nice character development without getting monologing speeches to fill in the gap.

That and Steve Trevor was probably the best love interest in any of these Super hero films.

caliph95

As an April Fools joke, they should air the DBZ movie The World's Strongest

......but have it be the Big Green dub.

Or hell, air ANYTHING with the Big Green dub.
Trunks Special
I love 17's delivery here
"Out of the way or I'm going to kill ya, destroy you, I'm warning you , I'll crush you like like little insects"

"Yamaha, Vegeta, Tien and Clearon had survived"
Wait what
Where they fuck did they go then

Why has Destiny conspired against me so tragically
When Dragon Ball turns Shakespeare

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uggggh... that's a lot, but I might just bite. 😩
Personally, considering you're getting 26 episodes + a 168 book containing storyboards for every episode + 9 art cards that were the covers for the japanese releases, I think it's a great deal. It's less than $2 per episode & includes some goodies. & I say this as someone who only owns one other series on Blu-Ray (Nichijou).

Meanwhile, Discotek is trying to sell Seha Girls, a 13 episode series where each episode is only 11ish minutes, & that's counting the OP & ED, for about $37. That's waaaay too high for me. Meanwhile, I'm hoping the LE for OPM goes under $40 again.

That reminds me are any of the super dvds out in English yet?
Part 1 & 2 are out, both of which have 13 episodes.

......so only the movie recaps have been released.

Regiruler

Who wants to make me an avatar I'll use FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE MONTH?

You'll never get a chance to change who I am superficially for longer than this.

I'll pick THE MOST POPULAR choice.

The rules

Must be properly formatted
Must not get me banned
Must be submitted before TOONAMI begins

uoMlcwD.png

Watching the newest season of Voltron and it's still just okay. Keith is a fucking drag as the "main character." Didn't help that once Lance's character development finally kicked in he started to outshine him and arguably would've been the better leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom